in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-14-2007 10:01 AM by seheiste. 75 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2007 2:44 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Re: Today I got my Beo 5!

Good to see you back Andy.

So jealous  Ick! a great looking bit of kitYes -  thumbs up

Kevin 

• 09-12-2007 3:06 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Cheers KevinBig Smile
    Dashing off to Manchester now.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-12-2007 4:55 AM In reply to

• misled
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 66
    • Bronze Member

i have my beo5 too with software for the configuration!

BVision10-46,BLab11,BSound5,BMaster5,BLab8000,BLab6000,BLab2500,BCom5,BCom6000,BeoTime,BeoPort,Beo4,Beo5

• 09-12-2007 5:05 AM In reply to

misled:

I've just talked to Beo Care and the told me that the software was an online service tool. So it was not possible for them or the strore to give it to the costumer. They said that there will be a light-version for costumer later but for now it can only be done in the store.

They are obviously wrong since you have the software? Good to hear.

You have a PM! [:-)]

• 09-12-2007 5:14 AM In reply to

B&Ola:
    misled:

I've just talked to Beo Care and the told me that the software was an online service tool. So it was not possible for them or the strore to give it to the costumer. They said that there will be a light-version for costumer later but for now it can only be done in the store.

They are obviously wrong since you have the software? Good to hear.

As I'd said some days ago, my friend Misled seems to have ALWAYS some kind of time advance over the average customer...obviously he has very good swiss B&O contacts ! Yes -  thumbs up

I remember very well that he also got the very first Beoplayer 4 software version with NetRadio, and shared it with all of us before the official launch date... it was some time ago in the old BW forum days. 

Congratulations misled ! 

Santiago

• 09-12-2007 5:32 AM In reply to

I can't help thinking that this dealer has opened a can of worms by providing the config software. I wonder what reaction Struer will have when they find out?

The number of quality control checks that need to be done is far greater for a product that is provided to the public compared to one designed for in house.

Regards Graham

• 09-12-2007 5:39 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

I personally think that I can live with the software without official support. But it will be more comfortable to just play by myself and explore the possibilities of the remote.

Yesterday I hold one in my hand at a local dealer. It was just arrived and not charged (so nothing to say about the display) but it felt good in my hand.

The navigations-Control in the middle felt a little bit cheap like a mobile phone and the displaypart is made of plastic. This was a little shock as I thought it was completely made out of aluminium.

Does somebody of you lucky Beo 5 owners know if it supports the Apple Remote out of the box or do we still need a converter?

Use of a converter for a programmable remote is, äh, let's say: Not a realy good invention ;-)
    Than I can and must stay with the old remotes ...

• 09-12-2007 5:44 AM In reply to

The brown/black plastic is in fact infra-red transparent. This allow the Remote to have a good coverage.

Contrarely to what have been said, the remote does NOT support non-beo devices. It only supports devices that are supported by the PUC of your TV.

p.

• 09-12-2007 5:48 AM In reply to

Me again...

I complained to Beo customer service about not being able to have the software, and they did a nice answer but would not give the software.

I am going to my dealer at lunchtime to pick up something and I'll be able to see the Beo5 and play with it.

He knows that I'll only buy it if I get the software... we will see if he is ready to bend the rules for me.

p.

• 09-12-2007 7:33 AM In reply to

Hi there & Congratulations to your new, very nice toys. One question though regarding the material of the touch-sensitive display (the cover). Is it made of high-gloss plastic or real glass?Thanks + Regards, beoberlin
  • 09-12-2007 9:04 AM In reply to

So... I touched the Beo 5 at my dealer... I was able to open the first box they had myself...

It looks very nice, it is tough, very good quality, it is rather small, it feels very nicely in the hand.

When you approach the finger from the screen there is already a feedback, a rectangle appears around the virtual button.

Even when you touch the screen, it does not activate the function, you have to press quite hard (maybe too much) to activate the function. There is a little click sound.

The screen feels like plastic, but according to B&O, it is glass.

Dealer does not have the software yet.

It comes configure as a Beo4, and customisation will be charged !!!!!!

One more reason to have the software! I'll buy one... when I have the soft!

p.

• 09-12-2007 9:05 AM In reply to

beoberlin:
    Hi there & Congratulations to your new, very nice toys. One question though regarding the material of the touch-sensitive display (the cover). Is it made of high-gloss plastic or real glass?Thanks + Regards, beoberlin

I think its made of som kind of glass. It feels and looks like it but Im not sure. 
    Maybe is some kind of composite material of glass and plastic
  • 09-12-2007 10:51 AM In reply to

Isn't it a lovely piece, Ed?

In case of emergency: Smile
    You can use It while its charging. 
    Just hold the charger connected

One of the best things with Beo 5: Try it in the dark! It looks lovely!

/Ola
  • 09-12-2007 11:25 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Fijne dealer.............

• 09-12-2007 11:30 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Have to agree with most opinions that it looks good. However, I have reservations about the practical nature of the design.

I concede I haven't touched one (yet) but it looks like it's great standing on a table as a piece of art, but what's it like in the hand and in use?

Hope it doesn't go he way of the Serene - highly individual looks, but totally impractical to handle and use.

I think it needs testing objectively because if I'd just bought one I'd be most reluctant to criticise it straight away. I'd be so thrilled to have got

one!  

• 09-12-2007 12:09 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Party!!!Party!!!   I HAVE IT!  Party!!!Party!!!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-12-2007 1:27 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Tell me how the DTV works Andy
  • 09-12-2007 1:33 PM In reply to

eduard:

Ooooooooooooooooooooh Noooooooooooooooooo,

He forgot to program the Beo-5, he sent it straight to me without doing anything with it......No - thumbs down So.................... I can use it on Saterday, then I can go to him...... until that time.... I just look at it!!Angry

It comes configured as a Beo4, so you should be able to use it. You need to press quite strongly on the screen.

p. 

• 09-12-2007 2:34 PM In reply to

I want oneSad
  • 09-12-2007 2:34 PM In reply to

I want oneSad
Page 2 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >