in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-02-2007 7:27 AM by benjnz. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2007 4:51 PM

BV7 Freeview module

I have been told by my dealer that the 'about to be available' UK Freeview module for the BV7 (and possibly others?) REPLACES the existing analog tuner. Thus the set becomes Freeview only.

Anyone confirm this?

If so, I cannot see it being very poular until we want to be (or have to be) totally dependant on Freeview! 

Filed under:
  • 04-18-2007 5:27 PM In reply to

Re: BV7 Freeview module

It is an addition not a replacement. Plugs in as a module like the module in the Beosystem 3. Also fits the BC6-26" and the Avant DVD and BV3. Very expensive!!
  • 04-18-2007 5:37 PM In reply to

Thanks for the clarification. An addition seems much more likely.

I heard it costs 350 UKP - if so, what does it do that a (much) cheaper external box would not do? 

• 04-18-2007 6:32 PM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

anyone know when its avialiable?
  • 04-19-2007 1:26 AM In reply to

The fact that it is intergrated, for most people, is appeal enough but it does work very well.  It is available already in the BeoSystem 3 & of course BeoVision 9, so pop back to your dealer for a demonstration.  Personally I was suprised by the picture quality over the freeview boxes I have seen before (perhaps not Sky) and in typical B&O fashion it is simple to use, no fancy menus for the sake of it, logical & works hand in hand with the HDR2.Availability is still uncertain.
  • 04-19-2007 3:28 AM In reply to

I agree that it being fully intergrated is a major appeal. I saw in in action a few weeks ago and it does appear to work fine with the HDR2.

In the UK the release of the module has been put back by 2 months apparantly by a technical problem linked to the UK market only.

As Peter says it is in addition to the analogue tuner and goes in place of the old Sat module, hence why it can be fitted to Avant DVD. I will be adding to my Avant when my dealer is able to provide it to me.

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-19-2007 4:17 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I wonder if this comes as standard with a new BV7?
  • 04-19-2007 4:24 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    I wonder if this comes as standard with a new BV7?

Yes, they are in production already. This was announced by a Beo person in the last wednesday chat.

P.

Filed under:
  • 04-19-2007 6:40 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

No, I meant 'as standard as a no-cost option', or does the Freeview module cost extra on top of a basic BV7?
  • 04-19-2007 6:52 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    No, I meant 'as standard as a no-cost option', or does the Freeview module cost extra on top of a basic BV7?

From what I understand, it will come "as standard"... that does not mean the "standard price" will not be changed ;-)

Filed under: ,
  • 04-19-2007 7:41 AM In reply to

That's fantastic news. They are starting to look like better value for money. Now all I am waiting for is a full HD panel they makes SD signals still look okay.

Nicholas
  • 04-19-2007 9:30 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

You won't need full HD on the BV7 as the screen is too small. However, I *am* wanting a HDMI based 'all digital' BV7 and am holding out on my BV7-32 (2004 model) -> BV7-40, BL9, BL7.4 purchase, until I hear more info! Last I heard is that it's going to be an August/September release, worldwide. If it's that soon, I'll wait until end of Summer.
  • 04-19-2007 10:17 AM In reply to

This sounds like what I have been looking for!! But for that price of 350 GBP then I might just stick with seeing if they are gong to update the STB software to add my Humax box to it!

History - it's just one thing after another!

• 04-19-2007 12:24 PM In reply to

As far as I could tell it means that you don't have to have another piece of hardware and a few cables clutering behind your BV. Oh and of course another remote to deal with in most cases. Yes this picture quality it excellent but it still difficult to justify the price when you have a perfectly functioning external box.

Nicholas
  • 05-01-2007 4:35 PM In reply to

Peter:
    It is an addition not a replacement. Plugs in as a module like the module in the Beosystem 3. Also fits the BC6-26" and the Avant DVD and BV3. Very expensive!!

Just bringing up this thread as I wanted to clarify this how the module (presumably DVB-T) will work in practice - if we know yet - with a couple of questions. I have a BV3 with a STB controlling a Sky satellite box.

1) Would the DVB-T module be in place of a STB (and so operated by pressing SAT on a Beo4), or can it be in addition, replacing the analogue tuner, and so operated by pressing TV on a Beo4.

2) For the BV7, when it gets upgraded with a beosystem3, I think we know that we can choose to have an in-built digital tuner (rather than analogue that will be turned off soon), but can this be as well as a STB controlled box (eg Sky in the UK) - if this is the case, would the DVB-T module be controlled by TV on the Beo4 (possibly with a name change), and the STB controlled satellite box by SAT?

My plan is that if I upgrade my BV3 to a BV7 I'd want the BV7 to have a future-proof digital tuner, but in addition to a Sky box. I would then probably add a DVB-T to the BV3 as a second TV so interested how it would work.

Cheers

Justin

• 05-01-2007 5:08 PM In reply to

The DVB-T will work via the Sat key. You can still have a Sky box but it will operate via the V.Aux button in the list system or using the new Beo5 ! Exactly what I had planned so I had already enquired!Laughing
  • 05-01-2007 5:20 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Oh well you know B&O are out of touch with DVB-T when they're only just up to speed with us here in NZ!

Am sure we're the last on the planet (With B&O Stores) to lurch into the 20th Century as today our DVB-T service, with the original name of Freeview, was launched today! Laughing

Hopefully the DVB-T might work over this side of the planet too Laughing

• 05-01-2007 5:23 PM In reply to

The return of the sheep! I had missed you! Still proud of my New Zealand blood! How many channels - and how many not limited to Rugby and ovine interests?Laughing
  • 05-01-2007 5:27 PM In reply to

Thanks for clarifying Peter - looks like an upgrade to a Beo5 is the most fun route.

Re the Beo5, do the different sources you wish to have just appear on the touch sensitive screen (a bit like the iPhone will work).

• 05-01-2007 5:41 PM In reply to

Unlike the Struer crowd, I have not had a play so I will leave that query to one of them!
  • 05-02-2007 7:27 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Peter:
    The return of the sheep! I had missed you! Still proud of my New Zealand blood! How many channels - and how many not limited to Rugby and ovine interests?Laughing

*chuckles* and there's me an old Durham boy too Stick out tongue

I must say I'm so impressed with our Freeview offering, the giddy heights of Flossy1, Flossy2, Flossy3 AND Shrek1. Big Smile

No but really it's the equally amazing TV1, TV2, TV3, C4 & Maori TV - wow what an expansive choice Laughing

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)