in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-25-2007 5:11 PM by Goldfrog88. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2007 12:53 PM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Re: iPod Touch

Henning:

JoC:
     the new nano is just plain ugly

When I first saw the new design, I thought "noooo, it's the fatty!", but now I have one, and I love it to pieces. It's just so beautiful...

Well at this point, I'll have to eat some major humble pie, I got to play with one at the weekend, and the feckin thing is nice, really really nice. But as much as I like it, I will probably end up buying the iPod Classic tho. 

• 10-14-2007 3:32 PM In reply to

Just ordered a iPod classic 160Gb. I'll wait for either the iPhone or the iPod Touch once any bugs are ironed out!
  • 10-14-2007 3:47 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'm resisting the temptation to get an iPod touch so I can get an iMac at christmas. Don't want to spend too much. Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-14-2007 5:23 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Peter:
    Just ordered a iPod classic 160Gb. I'll wait for either the iPhone or the iPod Touch once any bugs are ironed out!

My hero - Captain Sensible (in a completely non-derogatory sense). Either of the iPod Classic's are a bargain compared to the iPod Touch. Knowing you've had an 80Gb, the 160Gb is a logical upgrade - buying a 16Gb model for more money (suppoedly with more features) is lunacy!.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 10-15-2007 2:29 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I take it you haven't used one then! Having used both an iPhone and iPod touch, I see exactly why it costs what it does, and actually seems rather cheap when you see how good it is when it comes to browsing the net, flicking through your favourite albums or viewing photos. I tend to use my Nano for listening to music now instead of my 80gb fifth gen, as CoverFlow is so much better to use than just a list. The iPod touch takes it to a whole new level...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-15-2007 4:42 PM In reply to

I have had an iPhone for over 3 months.  I have used it extensively and have not noticed any bugs.  There are some things I think should be on the iPhone.  For example, there should be a way to save the SMS messages and also save photos sent to me by email.

The new feature that allows purchase of music from iTunes has cost me money.  It is too easy to use!

Bill 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 10-16-2007 10:26 AM In reply to

Classic has arrived - that was quick - and it is engraved!! They have changed the interface - nicer again - seems more grown up but as I am at work, it has no music on it! Maybe I will put the old one up as a prize though I must remember to wipe the music off it....

• 12-25-2007 5:11 PM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Hi JoC,

If you have an iMac computer in your home, you can use Elgato EyeTV software to convert movies and TV shows to become iPhone or iPod touch streamable to your iPod---at least when in range of your WiFi system, and then watch them on your iPod in the WiFi zone. Those you need to see 'off shore' can be easily selected to download to the iPod touch via the iMac, and 16GB is about 16 full length movoes, or 15 movies and 250 songs ... Do you really want to store all your audio-video content on one piece of equipment?

See the Elgato info here: http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/products/software/EyeTV/product1.en.html

Cheers and have a Happy New Year! 

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2