in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-11-2007 12:50 PM by waltoninn. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2007 4:54 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Re: made in china

They are fake! Which products were they? There are a lot of fake A8 headphones produced.

Durban South Africa

• 09-04-2007 4:56 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

There are lots of A8s around, that are made in china, but they are fake. What was it that you were "offered"?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-04-2007 6:24 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I'm sure B&O don't produce in china, so I am quite sure that what was offered to you was no B&O

• 09-04-2007 7:21 PM In reply to

• sveifors
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North of Norway
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Is it difficult to see the difference between the fake and the real A8, or???

Sveifors Always look on the B & O side of life
  • 09-04-2007 8:09 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

sveifors:

not really, the ends of the real A8's earclip are black, whereas those of the chinese ones are silver. There was a very good compare between the real A8s, the chinese A8s and the iPod earphones on the old beoworld. I am sure it is somewhere here too, but I just can't find it. Someone?

• 09-05-2007 3:46 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Yes, there is a comparitive photograph of the original article and the fake that was posted here previously. But I believe a BS 3200 was mentioned in this case.

Just a point in reference:  I'm sitting on a Mies Van Der Rohe Barcelona Chair (made in China)  typing this out this morning on a Logitech DiNovo Edge Bluetooth Keyboard (made in China) drinking Espresso out of a nice cup (made in China).. The Glass Noguchi Table next to me (made in China) has a Beo 4 resting on it, as my BS 3200 broadcasts the morning news. Other than the coffee from Brasil, I know the B&O items were made entirely in Europe, right ?

Perhaps, and perhaps not. They all work and I'm more than content.

Now on to the traffic and work.

• 09-08-2007 2:08 PM In reply to

The 3200 is made in Europe. Some devices do have components made in China - the socket case for the BC2 is I believe sourced from the Far East, but the head unit is made in Denmark. It has been noted that the BS4 has stickers on with Chinese writing on but on investigation, the actual product seems to be manufactured in Europe.

I would be fascinated to see a fake 3200 or one with made in China on it! 

• 09-08-2007 5:48 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

tom:
    sveifors:

not really, the ends of the real A8's earclip are black, whereas those of the chinese ones are silver. There was a very good compare between the real A8s, the chinese A8s and the iPod earphones on the old beoworld. I am sure it is somewhere here too, but I just can't find it. Someone?

Its HERE under the review although I haven't examined recent Chinese copies they may now be closer in appearance to the real deal (especially if they follow Beoworld)!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-09-2007 3:38 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Peter:

The 3200 is made in Europe. Some devices do have components made in China - the socket case for the BC2 is I believe sourced from the Far East, but the head unit is made in Denmark. It has been noted that the BS4 has stickers on with Chinese writing on but on investigation, the actual product seems to be manufactured in Europe.

From what i've been told, our BS4 was made in Czech Republic, i just hope B&O keeps a close eye on Quality Control. Our BS4 snuck past QC during siesta. Sad

Our speaker frets for BL4000's also came from Czech. 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-10-2007 2:18 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

David:
    Peter:

From what i've been told, our BS4 was made in Czech Republic, i just hope B&O keeps a close eye on Quality Control. Our BS4 snuck past QC during siesta. Sad

Our speaker frets for BL4000's also came from Czech. 

Note:

Hehe, they don´t have siesta in Czech Republic... Maybe they drinked to much beer and vodka during the lunch break?=)

BL8000 MkII Black

• 09-10-2007 12:39 PM In reply to

Actually i don not think that the built quality of a product depends really on the country where it is built. Okay, china has this reputation to produce more low end, cheap things. But i think there are also quite good manufaturers there. And i am sure that B&O does not chose their partners just for fun. They will have their expectations and will only give the job to a manufacturer that can meet B&O's quality standarts. 

I know that such things are also done by other "premium" brands like Mercedes, BMW, Lexus etc. They have a lot of chinese parts in it, and you won't find out. 

For me, it does not really matter where it is produced, as long an B&O keeps beeing B&O with their quality. 

• 09-11-2007 12:50 PM In reply to

I hope that B&O continues to manufacture their items in Europe.  I do believe it is important where a product is manufactured.   Experience in manufacturing is very valuable, especially in electronics, and the Europeans have a lot more exposure and experience in manufacturing for a competitive market place.  Currently, many of the Asian manufacturing countries where electronics are made do not have that same experience.  The exception is Japan.  And that's because Japan, as a competitive market place, developed their own brand names, so they had a reputation to maintain, whereas in other Asian countries, and especially in China, they are contractors for other companies.  If you think that the brand name manufacturers are going to be careful and choose the right contractor and oversee the quality control, that is often not the reality.  That is why I don't mind that B&O set up a facility in Eastern Europe, because it is their own facility, not something that is contracted out.  Yes, B&O has sourced components from other manufacturers, but it has largely been from other European manufacturers.  I certainly hope that they don't source from anywhere else, because I buy B&O based on its reputation for quality and that the products are made in Europe.  I am willing to pay more for B&O, quite a bit more, knowing that the products will last years to come.  I have some B&O equipment, a Beogram and Beocord that I bought about 20 years ago!
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)