in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2010 12:18 AM by dilznik. 136 replies.
Page 1 of 6 (137 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2007 8:01 AM

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Your avatar

I thought this might be interesting for most of us. I just saw an avatar of which I had no idea what it was showing, and then I remembered some other ones, where I was asking myself: What the hell is that!?

So, please explain us your avatar!

I start myself, but I think mine is not to complicated. My avatar shows me from the back during a concert, as I am playing the tuba. The picture was taken during a concert for the 100th anniversary of the city Esch-sur-Alzette where the orchestra I play in comes from.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-03-2007 8:43 AM In reply to

Re: Your avatar

Tattoo Cool

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-03-2007 8:59 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

The misticism of this lady captivated me when I saw it. I think that it also reflects the astonishing effect of B&O's beolabs.

Gustavo

• 09-03-2007 9:08 AM In reply to

Mine is a picture of my original 1986 Pudsey Bear soft toy brandishing a Beolink 1000.

Long story, but my home town of Pudsey (in Leeds, West Yorkshire) was also the home town of the artist who designed Pudsey Bear for the BBC. Now us Pudsarians are a proud lot, and when she was asked if she wanted to name the yellow bear she'd been commissioned to design as the Children in Need mascot, she had no hesitation in plumping for the name of the town where she grew up.

I've been exiled in Sheffield for the past 10 years, and as I've worn my fierce civic pride on my sleeve during this time, people have continually bought me Pudsey bear presents as a kind of sop to my yearnings for a return to my home town. So much has this been the case, that I now not only have an original Pudsey Bear soft toy from the first year of Childern in Need to look after my remote controls, but I also have a Pudsey Bear apron, cake tin, cookie cutter, sandwich box, key ring, assorted badges, and (rather unusually) drinking straw. The themed products rather amused my friends in Sheffield, and proved a handy reminder of where I was from should anyone forget, but as I've recently moved back to the promised land, I'm now starting to feel like it might be a bit of overkill given that most Pudsarians don't really care that much about Pudsey Bear! We used to have a bush near the entrance to Pudsey Park sculpted into the form of Pudsey Bear by the council, but it was unfortunately located very close to one of the rougher pubs in the area, and I seem to recall that Pudsey's nose made a handy recepticle for a pint pot whilst some of the locals relieved themselves over Pudsey's feet after a few pints of Stella and dust up in The Park pub opposite.................

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 09-03-2007 9:18 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Mine's pretty straightforward - my Weimaraner dogs Marnie & her brother Zak.Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 09-03-2007 9:19 AM In reply to

My daughter.. who is already draining me!
  • 09-03-2007 9:35 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

my lovely Beocenter 9500

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 09-03-2007 9:43 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Classic Keyboards

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-03-2007 9:59 AM In reply to

In the early days of Beoworld I had Neo - Matrix - as Avatar.

When our son was born the Neo avatar was replaced by our sons picture.
    Since then I'm updating the picture from time to time.
    No serious B&O purchases planned at the moment.
    I'm more then happy with my family.
  • 09-03-2007 11:03 AM In reply to

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Mine is of my beautiful toy in the garage...hidden beneath a soft breathable cover...it is one of the few loves in my life other than my B & O equipment...and of course my two daughters and sometimes my wife too! 

• 09-03-2007 11:09 AM In reply to

My avatar is a character from a Dutch comic called De Stamgasten. (The regular guests) They are all animal characters who practically live in their pub and they behave like humans and they almost only think about getting drunk and sex (specially the rabbits). This character is called Kierewiet, means something like madcrazy.Bit like me when I am hunting for B&O...Beer

You do not own B&O, it owns you!

• 09-03-2007 11:16 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I think most of you know what mine is.
    For those of you who don't, it's a picture of me peeling potatoes on horseback at the foot of the Eiffel tower.
    Strange thing though, Tom. Of all the Avatars on this thead so far, yours is the most difficult to work out.
    Ed's is brilliant.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-03-2007 11:47 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

jandyt:
    Strange thing though, Tom. Of all the Avatars on this thead so far, yours is the most difficult to work out.

yes, you are right. mine is difficult to work out because it is quite dark. but I like the blue shine of the tuba on this image, that's why I have chosen it.

Some interesting stories so far! I hope some more beoworlders will tell us the story of/behind their avatars

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-03-2007 12:17 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Mine is also very simple:

It's "Sully" from the movie Monster Inc. Sully is a big hairy creature with a heart of gold; Just like me ?!!?

My son loves this movie; during one of our holidays we rented a motorhome and we watched this movie almost every night before he went to sleep. Therefore I almost know the movie line by line (in Dutch).

Regards,

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 09-03-2007 1:06 PM In reply to

• beoben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

My avatar shows our dog Willi. He is a west highland white terrier or westi. When this photo was shot he was approx. 7 weeks old. He is born on 03.11.2003. He is very funny and likes to walk.

A lttle funy story when he "moved" to our house when he was 12 weeks old:

At that time we had a blue avant in the living room. When he first time entered the living room he saw himself in the blue base of the avant (like in a mirror) and started yelling at himself for about 5 minutes, Then he took a look behind the avant to see there the "other" dog was

Our Will, he is so sweet!

I want a BV 10

• 09-03-2007 1:34 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

• 09-03-2007 1:41 PM In reply to

Well, mine just shows me 
  • 09-03-2007 2:30 PM In reply to

How do you put one up here?

I had at the old forum but this one I don't know how even though I have been searching for it sometimes.

• 09-03-2007 2:31 PM In reply to

eduard:

kuyttendaele:
    Tattoo Cool

Seen it!!

No you have not! Cool

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-03-2007 2:56 PM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

I live in Malvern, which is a long way above sea or river  level, so we should be safe from flooding. However, the Malvern Hills do not absorb water terribly quickly, so when it rains hard, we get rivers down the "up-down" roads - i.e., the ones which point up the hills. Last July was even worse than normal, and my avatar shows the wall of my son's school when it turned into a waterfall.

Mark 

• 09-03-2007 3:27 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Friedmett:

How do you put one up here?

I had at the old forum but this one I don't know how even though I have been searching for it sometimes.

Go to your User Profile (click on your underlined user name at the top right of the screen where its says "signed in as"), selct the avatar tab and then browse to your pic of choice and upload!

Pick a good un'.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-03-2007 3:54 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Mine is my Triumph Legend which I got a few months back. In the past I have had one of a 1974 Surtees F1 car. Complete with B&O Livery of course. Also had one of Crazy Frog hanging.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 6 (137 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »