in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-03-2007 11:16 AM by Peter. 281 replies.
Page 10 of 12 (282 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2007 2:30 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Beo 5 Countdown- who get the first one...?

Hi Marcus.
    I believe you can activate the greyed out speaker butto without taking it to your dealer.

Press 'standby' and 'ok' buttons together this will take you into the Setup Menu.
    Press edit on the screen and find your greyed out button.
    Press OK on the ball.
    You now have the option to 'show' or 'hide'
    Once you have chosen 'show', press 'back' on the ball repeatedly until you come out of the Setup menu.
    Hope this helps.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-23-2007 2:30 PM In reply to

JoC:
    Peter:

At the time of set up. You can choose from logos for TV channels and radio stations from a very large library. You also get the option of using free text and choosing the colours there as well. Each button can be assigned either a logo or text as well as the IR code or sub-menu code.

This does require the software so make a list of what you want before going to get it set up. 

I was wondering if I can ask a question here:

Can I supply the graphic icons to the dealer, because I noticed (when I was playing with a demo unit yesterday) on his when he pressed the CD button (for the BeoSound9000) he had the words "Disc1" to "Disc6". I would like to display 6 graphics of plain CDs with numbers 1 through 6, if so is there a limit on the format (jpeg, bmp etc) and size?

Thanks, JoC 

I do not change my cd on BS9000 so often so I have done this:

• 09-23-2007 2:44 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Well done, AndersYes -  thumbs up
    Very clever, great fun isn't it?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-23-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

....mr anders(son):
    JoC:
    Peter:

At the time of set up. You can choose from logos for TV channels and radio stations from a very large library. You also get the option of using free text and choosing the colours there as well. Each button can be assigned either a logo or text as well as the IR code or sub-menu code.

This does require the software so make a list of what you want before going to get it set up. 

I was wondering if I can ask a question here:

Can I supply the graphic icons to the dealer, because I noticed (when I was playing with a demo unit yesterday) on his when he pressed the CD button (for the BeoSound9000) he had the words "Disc1" to "Disc6". I would like to display 6 graphics of plain CDs with numbers 1 through 6, if so is there a limit on the format (jpeg, bmp etc) and size?

Thanks, JoC 

Very good! This is why I think one could program N.Music with at least play lists - I am not sure exactly how much the Beo5 can hold though! Anyone know? 

• 09-23-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

....mr anders(son):

Very nice, sort of puts my idea to shame Wink...

Now if only B&O (or my dealer) would give out a consumer version of the update software, I could use the iTunes album art to do this also and not bug the dealer every other day Smile- but that is another discussion I suppose. 

JoC 

• 09-23-2007 4:57 PM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

...mr anders(son): very very clever ...well done, now we realy do need a customer version of that config software. It's about time B&O "trusted" their customers, reasons of dealer "footfall" is a joke. nlb.
  • 09-23-2007 5:19 PM In reply to

I understand that the software still has bugs in it so I cannot see it being released until that is fixed. But I agree completely that it seems silly not to allow owners the ability to customise their own remote. For those who do not wish to, the dealer network is available.
  • 09-23-2007 5:33 PM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

I am puzzled by this big discussion on the software and its availability. Just by coincidence I walked into a dealer in Cologne and he offered to give me the software right away without being asked "if you want to safe some money for us doing all the configuration and feel like you can get it done yourself, I'll give you the software!" (so or similar his words)

Or am I just lucky??
  • 09-23-2007 7:27 PM In reply to

mor:
    I am puzzled by this big discussion on the software and its availability. Just by coincidence I walked into a dealer in Cologne and he offered to give me the software right away without being asked "if you want to safe some money for us doing all the configuration and feel like you can get it done yourself, I'll give you the software!" (so or similar his words)

Or am I just lucky??

That's what I'm telling !! I can only speculate about the number of Beo5 owners in this forum already having the software. Officially the dealer is supposed not to give the software away. In the other hand he wants to get rid of all the time consuming configurations. And I don't want to waste my time with driving to my dealer for every new icon or change on my Beo5, either. I think it's time for a petition for the public release of the configuration software. 

• 09-24-2007 1:40 AM In reply to

mor:

Or am I just lucky??

You are lucky! I have heard of other dealers doing just the same though. I would be very interested in the responses other members have had.  

• 09-24-2007 6:03 AM In reply to

Here in London, either dealer say that haven't got the software yet, or for those who have it, they say the have not been able to get it to connect to the remote!!!

They very are reluctant to give it away. I might have to go to Cologne!!!

They were not given a price by B&O, so the price vary a lot.

Some include the charger, some don't, some will charge for the config, some don't... well, it is a mess.

Some dealers are really not looking forward to have to do the config... everytime sky is renumbering their channel or adding a new one.

p.

• 09-24-2007 6:06 AM In reply to

All dealer can download it from Beovise Struer
  • 09-24-2007 6:22 PM In reply to

• misled
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 66
    • Bronze Member

hello santiago

i have sent you a e-mail!

thanks

BVision10-46,BLab11,BSound5,BMaster5,BLab8000,BLab6000,BLab2500,BCom5,BCom6000,BeoTime,BeoPort,Beo4,Beo5

• 09-24-2007 7:33 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

I thought we werent gonna allow this? 
    -Alex
  • 09-26-2007 3:43 AM In reply to

I have some problems with the GO button of the Beo5. When I am in the Menu of my Beosystem or Beovision the Beosystem/Beovision always gets two GO commands. This is not happening with the Beo4. I have not recognized this behaviour outside the Menu but I am not sure. May be I cannot press the button short enough. Perhaps it is a bug in my remote control. What about your Beo5? Can anybody please confirm that this is not a common problem? I don't know if I should change the Beo5 or wait for a software update if this is common.
    Frank

• 09-26-2007 4:24 AM In reply to

If it doesn't do it with a Beo4, it must be the 5. The key may have been programmed incorrectly. You need to see your dealer. No problems with mine.
  • 09-26-2007 4:29 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Frank.
    My Beo5 doesn't have this problem. Have you accidently been in the Setup menu and pressed 'Option pgm'?
    This would change the options on your audio and your video systems. Although your Beo5 only sends one 'Go' signal, it could be recieved twice, once by each master.
    If this is the case, use your Beo4 to change the options back then leave the 'Options pgm' button alone.
    Hope this helps,

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-26-2007 4:30 AM In reply to

Hi Peter,

thank you for your answer. It is not a programmed key it is the GO button in the middle. When every thing is okay with yours I think it is a hardware problem with mine.

Frank 

• 09-26-2007 5:16 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Frank, I think you may have missed my post while you were typing, it's 3 back.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-26-2007 5:33 AM In reply to

Hi Andy,

thank you for your answer. The option settings should be okay. When I selected the menu and make another choice I can switch between the Beo4 and Beo5. The Beo4 is working okay and the Beo5 doubles the GO button. It is obviously in the menu. Outside the menu I recognized seldom this effect but thought that this was my fault. And it is only the GO button in the middle no other button. I think i have the monday morning device :-)

Frank 

• 09-26-2007 6:07 AM In reply to

I am being thick! If it is the middle button, then that is I believe a 'hard' button so is set up that way at the factory. Try setting the config to default and see if it still does it - I suspect you might have a faulty one.
  • 09-26-2007 8:40 AM In reply to

I was wondering if some of you could send me their config file, I am not talking about the software itself, but the file the it place in the remote.

I'd like to see if I could reverse engineer it...

If I am able to reverse engineer it, I could maybe build a Beoworld version of the software, with the feature we like...

If you'd like to send me this file, PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Thanks in advance.

p.

• 09-26-2007 9:06 AM In reply to

well i got one yesterday and based on the hype around it im in too minds

1, display materials - feels cheap, like it would snap off in the wrong hands or after a fall.

2, software - i live 4hrs round trip from the dealer that i purchased it from, or 2hrs from the nearest central london dealer. so i would jump at the chance of having the software to use at home, also with the channels from sky changing and also my personal preference for channels changing throught the year, depending on what is showing on what channel. going to the dealer every time i change my mind is going to prove costly. so i need the software.........

3, struer attitude of customer service staff, well i called them today and to be frank if i was new to B&O the reception of the staff would make me never buy or even approach B&O ever again, i called 3 times today never again..

4, I have this remote control BEO5, and its next to usless. I also own over £35k worth of B&O, so i would expect a little give from Struer

5, 6 dealers i called today could not help with the software, excuses range from no USB cable, software will not download, no training,

6, shall i BIN it, RETURN it, or just box it up and store it at the bottom of the draw and continue to use my BEO4 cinema.

Jon

Page 10 of 12 (282 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next >