in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-22-2007 7:25 AM by PD. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2007 6:42 PM

• pgerell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 77
    • Founder

Controlling a Beosystem 5500 with a Beolink 1000

Hi, I have purchased a used Beosystem 5500.

It didn't come with a MCP 5500 so I try to use it with my Beolink 1000.

I have managed to control the basic functions so far. I am not very interrested in advanced programming of the system but it would be nice to have some presets for the tuner. Is this possible with Beolink 1000?

The system is also stuck in Loudness mode. I have read that only Beolinks with a RESET button can restore this. Is this true? Is it possible with a BEO4?

Best Regards, Peter

• 08-22-2007 4:27 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Controlling a Beosystem 5500 with a Beolink 1000

Hi Peter,

when you have found the station you want to save you need to then enter a preset number to store it on then press store twice. I think that's right - been a while since I've done this. I'll double check for you if this doesn't work.

There are only three ways to cancel the loudness function and the beo4 cannot do it.

1. Use a MCP 5500 to do it.

2. Find a MK1 or 2 beolink 1000 with the reset button. (are there any members in Sweden who could lend you one?)

3. Disconnect the internal battery for a few minutes - obviously this is the least desirable option.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 08-22-2007 4:58 AM In reply to

• pgerell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 77
    • Founder

Thank you,

unfortunately used MCP 5500 seem very expensive.

I have searched the forum and the site for this information.

I guess there are more key combinations that could be useful. Do you know where to find this info?

If I manage to disable the loudness function, is there a way to enable it from the beolink 1000?

I just want to be sure that i don't enable it by mistake.

/Peter

• 08-22-2007 5:23 AM In reply to

• rabble
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 75
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I just purchased a Beosystem 7000 that came with a Beolink 1000.

I can activate or cancel the loudenss with the sound button (also controls balance, bass and treble)

What I can't seem to do is search for radio stations, all I can do is access the former presets.

Also the RDS and  the time do not seem to be activated. Unfortunatly I don't yet have a user guide.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Andrew

Andrew

• 08-22-2007 5:51 AM In reply to

Tuning:

Radio - Goto - > - Store - Number - Store - Store

Loudness:

Sound - Sound - Sound - Sound - Sound - (Loudness is blinking or on) - Arrow up or down - Store - Store

• 08-22-2007 5:51 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

pgerell:

I guess there are more key combinations that could be useful. Do you know where to find this info?

If I manage to disable the loudness function, is there a way to enable it from the beolink 1000?

I just want to be sure that i don't enable it by mistake.

/Peter

There is an ongoing thread on the general forum giving useful key combinations for the beo4 & BL1000.

To activate the loudness function on via ANY beolink 1000, press the sound button until the loudness readout on the front panel blinks then press the up or down button then store store. This is the problem though as once you have activated it you cannot cancel it unless your remote is a pre Mk3 version.

Rabble has mentioned his BM7000 which is slightly different - it is only the BM5500 where this non-cancel probem lies.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 08-22-2007 7:25 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Die_Bogener:

Tuning:

Radio - Goto - > - Store - Number - Store - Store

Loudness:

Sound - Sound - Sound - Sound - Sound - (Loudness is blinking or on) - Arrow up or down - Store - Store

This is why I prefer video games pre-PSI. Far too confusing to remember all the moves. Bring back the original Game Boy & SuperMarioLand in stanta!! Confused

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)