in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2007 10:03 AM by brendon. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2007 3:30 PM

Help! - - Visual N. Music?

HI

Just got my BeoSystem 3 setup.Big Smile I have connect my BS3000 and Mac with the Beoport. Is there a way I can see my Mac on screen while the music is playing? In other words my BS3000 would be play and the BS3 would have the screen up. I would like to see what I'm selecting on my Mac while listening to the music.

Thanks

• 08-25-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Help! - - Visual N. Music?

Probably a question for B&O Technical there!!

Anyone???

Lee
    Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-25-2007 6:57 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Certainly not an expert here, but this might be worth a try:  If your mac has a dvi output, I think you should be able to use an dvi -> hdmi cable, connect to an hdmi input, and in the connections menu, code a BeoSystem 3 AV input to PC and that particular hdmi input.  Then, when you listen to NMUSIC, turn your TV to PC (or would you have to use A-V?).  I would try it myself, but don't have a Mac.  If you have analog output, s-video or line video might work.   Good luck.

Ray 

• 08-25-2007 7:20 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'd actually split the audio from the Mac and send it to both the AUX input on the BeoSound AND to an input on the BeoSystem 3 (along with video from the Mac's DVI output). This way, you can just switch to say V.Aux and choose the music you want (while also hearing it), and then switch back to A.Aux to hear exactly the same thing but without the image from the Mac.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-26-2007 2:37 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Are they all in the same room? Or are the Mac and BS3000 in a different room than the BS3? If yes, than you need to get the video and audio signal to the BS3 from the mac. Long distancs optical video DVI cables are available for that. Or cheaper, get an AppleTV and connect them with WLAN!

If not, that it is from my point of view quite straight forward, connect the BS3000 with masterlink to the BS3, wire the mac to the BS3 as well and it will work. 

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 09-02-2007 2:22 PM In reply to

@ Kawo,  Yes they all in the same room. (All being Mac Mini \w DVI out, BS3000, BS3 and Beoport)

Here is what I've done ALL with NO success. Every time I switch to N.Music the Video on my TV is lost Angry

1.  Mac DVI out to VGA on BS3 - lost video signal N.Music came on

2.  Mac DVI out to HDMI on BS3 -lost video signal N.Music came on

3.  Made the setting on the BS3 for the Mac a PC and V.AUX.- lost video signal N.Music or N.Radio came on

4.   I have sent sound straight from the Mac to BS3 and try spliting sound from Beoport and using Audio out on Beoport to the BS3

Currently I have split sound from my Mac Mini one to the BS3 and the other Beoport 

This would be a big issue if the Sound coming out of my 8000's sounded as good as it does when I select N.Music and it come out that way?

So my issue is how to make the Sound coming for the MAC sound as good as it does when the Beoport andn N.Music is being used.

Any other thoughts?

Best Regards

Brendon

• 09-02-2007 4:04 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

You might try this; In principal, it should work, though I haven't tried your exact situation.

Add A-V to your Beo4 list menu.
    Set up one of your A/V connections for VAUX (or your choice) with HDMI
    Bring up your computer video via DVI-HDMI and VAUX.
    Press A-V on your Beo4, then NMUSIC.

Hope that solves your problem.

• 09-02-2007 4:57 PM In reply to

AV + N.MUSIC is call A-N.MUS in "list" on beo4Wink
  • 09-03-2007 10:03 AM In reply to

Any idea what A-N.Music equates to on the older Beo4?
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)