in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-25-2007 5:00 AM by Medogsfat. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2007 7:58 AM

Beolink 6500 + Master Control Panel - Help!

Hi, I am new to the world of B&O and am excited to have just inherited the above system which comprises of an amp with built in tuner, CD and tape player. Also with this is a pair of the tall penta speakers and a Master control panel. The problem I am having is with controlling the system.

Everything powers up but I have no control over volume / balance / all of the main controls. The master control panel which I presume is the remote for the system flashes up a message "no contact" when you push a button or turn the volume dial. I have changed the batteries but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Please could someone let me know what to do? Do I need a different remote to go with the system or is there a simple answer for this problem? Any advice gratefully received and please forgive my ignorance!

thanks,

Harry 
    Filed under:
  • 07-23-2007 8:21 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beolink 6500 + Master Control Panel - Help!

Hi Harry,

what model is your tuner/amp? I am assuming it is a beomaster 6500.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-23-2007 11:57 AM In reply to

Chris,

Thanks for replying - Yes its the beomaster 6500. The original owner had a B& O television with it and all hooked up together. I don't know whether I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Harry.
  • 07-23-2007 1:12 PM In reply to

If the previous owner had a B&O TV connected to your 6500 system, then your option settings are likely to be incorrect. In other words the IR receiver detection has been switched off in the 6500.

Regards Keith....

• 07-23-2007 1:47 PM In reply to

I agree with Keith. You need to reset it to Option 1. Not sure you can do this with a MCP! Where do you live?
  • 07-23-2007 3:56 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I also agree with the above. (One of the reasons I wanted to make sure of the model of your beomaster).

Do you have access to a beolink 1000 remote control? or are you near any of us beoworlders as I'm sure someone can help here.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-23-2007 4:18 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

If you are near me, then no problem.

CraigSmile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-23-2007 5:37 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LikewiseSmile

PM whoever is nearest you. I'm sure we'll get this sorted.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-24-2007 11:35 AM In reply to

I'm in Sheffield so don't know if there is anyone near. I know there is a B&O shop in Sheffield but haven't managed to get in there yet. I have been given a Beolink 1000 remote control but this doesnt operate the system either. Is there a combo of buttons or something I have to press?

thanks again,

Harry
  • 07-24-2007 11:47 AM In reply to

Hi! Put Beosystem in stand by. Then press SOUND 1 STORE on beolink 1000. The beomaster should answer with a flash.

regards

• 07-24-2007 1:10 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hagan is correct.

If it doesn't work 1st time then press the AV button on the remote (if this has been pressed previously then sometimes this puts the Beolink into the wrong "mode") then repeat as above.Smile

The beomaster is probably in standby mode already but if not it can be done by pressing the right hand side of the front aluminium panel on the little red painted dot and holding it in for a couple of seconds.

Chris.

• 07-24-2007 2:33 PM In reply to

hazeboss:
    I'm in Sheffield so don't know if there is anyone near. I know there is a B&O shop in Sheffield but haven't managed to get in there yet. I have been given a Beolink 1000 remote control but this doesnt operate the system either. Is there a combo of buttons or something I have to press?

thanks again,

Harry

If your Beolink 1000 doesn't work you're welcome to borrow one of mine to have a go with, as I'm in Sheffield too (Crookes). Hopefully you should be ok with the one you have though!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 07-25-2007 3:22 AM In reply to

THANkS! I'm up and running now and it sounds fantastic! Thanks for all your help I am now officially hooked!

HARRY
  • 07-25-2007 5:00 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Nice one Harry - welcome to the clubBig Smile

There's no going back now - and a very fine system you have there to start your addictionCool All you need now is the Beogram turntable and life will be complete - for a while.

Chris.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)