in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-29-2007 8:51 PM by darioazul. 144 replies.
Page 4 of 6 (145 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2007 12:53 PM In reply to

Re: What do you like/ dislike about the new forum?

Do let us in on the secret! How did you figure out the trick of attaching pictures to a post?

• 04-19-2007 1:18 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

soundproof:
    Do let us in on the secret! How did you figure out the trick of attaching pictures to a post?

Click on REPLY > OPTIONS and do it there (above all the smilies).

Steve

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 04-19-2007 1:40 PM In reply to

Have tried that, but it won't do the doodah!

Maybe someone should post a walk-through.

• 04-19-2007 1:44 PM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Hi

When writing a reply select "options" from the tab menu and then select "add/update" below file attachment. This will allo you to attach a file rather than just an image. You can add pdfs etc too.

• 04-19-2007 1:49 PM In reply to

• msh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Odense, Denmark
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

I'm like the look and its a lot quicker and easy to use than the old forum.
    Sad that all the good stuff on the old site got lost ... :(

Van: How did you manage to "Join the forum" on the 19-10-2006???

• 04-19-2007 1:53 PM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

I was registered when the forum existed in it's basic form before it was designed and built to this capacity...

Smile

• 04-19-2007 2:09 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

j0hnbarker:
    Puncher:
    jandyt:

smito:
    i miss the "my beo" in the members' profile. i always found it very usefull and interesting!

I think it would be good if everyone listed their B&O in "Bio". That's what I intend to do (one of these days)

Andy T.

I think that would be the best solution, the info's there for those that want to know without having everyones personal B&O inventory listed on every single post - I'm not sure what purpose that actually serves.

Not wanting to get lynched here, but you could question the purpose of having a little maxim as your signature! At least an inventory of individuals' B&O products owned is of some relevance to the general discussions here!

Just my two penneth worth though :)

Fair comment !

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-19-2007 2:30 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nearly all my 'photos are more than 100 kbytes. How do I make them small enough to fit with out reducing their size>

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-19-2007 2:49 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

try imageschack!
  • 04-19-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

• andyp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Peak District, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Bronze Member

Probably another Safari related problem, but can't insert line breaks / paragraphs into text.
  • 04-19-2007 5:42 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Honestly, i wouldnt bother with Safari on here..  They have promised to look into it in the all new version of Community Server, out soon-ish..

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 04-19-2007 5:50 PM In reply to

Definitely. Switched to Firefox and everything's working smoothly now. Safari has major issues with the site.

• 04-20-2007 8:54 AM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Indeed much to my annoyance as a keen Apple evangelist the site will not perform as well with Safari. As Lee mentioned it has been mentioned to the creators Community Server and they have promised to look at these issues in due course.
  • 04-20-2007 9:00 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

I like the new looks but I don't like the registration questions (phone number, street and housenumber)

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 04-20-2007 9:24 AM In reply to

Navigation to me is a real pain. not very intuative unlike B&O.
    Also, the text editor does not like to insert lines in between sentences/paragraphs
    10%
  • 04-20-2007 9:30 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

I forgot something. It's a pity to me that I have to be a gold member to watch in the "sales" section... I also think that this is a disadvantage for sellers because there are less views.

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 04-20-2007 12:08 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

I like the new forum in general, but IMHO some points need to be corrected (sorry if this has already been discussed, but I hadn't the time to read the full topic) :

-When you press return while typing a message, it create a new paragraph instead of just a line, it must be corrected in order to contain the high of message (for a new paragraph, we are intelligent enough to press return 2 times, the result is the same)

-I like the effect of quick reply pop up when it works, but it's bad to have to click where we were used to just have to write, it's worse in terms of ergonomy (the less you click, the better you feel!). The graphical effect has only worked one time on my home PC (Vista+IE7 french), it just display the pop up over a black pages the other times (I think it's a bug with transparency)

- I think the number of buttons in the text boxes should be reduced as some could be never used (ie copy/paste...), if you can, just make a statistic of how many times those buttons are used, and delete those that aren't, in order to simplify the visual complexity of the page.

- Adding a "text color" icon to the text buttons could be useful (asked by emmanuel92 on the french forum, don't know if that has been written here)

- The quick reply pop up is quite well executed technically, so if you can, give the same appearance to the "insert smiley" window, and if you can't, just remove the adress bar and status bar from this window (that's more simple to program, but not as good visually).

-Why not making the main page some more pixels wide if the screen resolution of the user is superior to the nominal size (or just adding some more fixed pixels, but that solution needs a survey to be sure that everyone has enough screen resolution to not have to scroll horizontally)? that would allow to reduce the high of the posts, and look better on wide screens.

That's my first ideas...

• 04-20-2007 12:14 PM In reply to

Beobird:
    I like the new looks but I don't like the registration questions (phone number, street and housenumber)

I think it is a standard set of questions and seems to be designed to prevent spammers - a bit! I have not tried but I don't think anyone can actually get to this info but it is used for those joining as paying members for the banks!  One of the reasons some are having difficulty joining is that their cards are registered at different addresses.

• 04-20-2007 12:21 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

An other thing  the forum is not at the right hour!!
  • 04-20-2007 12:22 PM In reply to

mbee:

I like the new forum in general, but IMHO some points need to be corrected (sorry if this has already been discussed, but I hadn't the time to read the full topic) :

-When you press return while typing a message, it create a new paragraph instead of just a line, it must be corrected in order to contain the high of message (for a new paragraph, we are intelligent enough to press return 2 times, the result is the same)

Hold down shift when you do a return, and you'll keep within the same line distance format.

• 04-20-2007 12:35 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

I've just found the time format option ,so sorry, the time on beoworld is ok!!

I think the SHIFT+ENTER should create a new paragraph instead, as it is more common to create a new line, and with this behaviour, newbies will be always asking how to do that (as I did!), and those that don't know will make LARGE posts. And as I said, even if you don't know the shortcut for new paragraph, you can hit enter two times, which make the same result.
    Try to be the most ergonomic as you can if you want to keep your popularity (we are on a B&O, not a Sony forum)!

• 04-20-2007 12:38 PM In reply to

Community Server is a Microsoft product - we are still working out all the controls!
  • 04-20-2007 12:48 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    Community Server is a Microsoft product

This sentence explains all the ergonomic issues... I know what I say, I'm using Windows Vista : the best advertising campain ever created for... MacOS!

• 04-20-2007 12:51 PM In reply to

mbee:

Peter:
    Community Server is a Microsoft product

This sentence explains all the ergonomic issues... I know what I say, I'm using Windows Vista : the best advertising campain ever created for... MacOS!

Laughing  We didn't realise at first - but we should have guessed1 It really hates Safari!!

• 04-20-2007 1:39 PM In reply to

I actually think the shift-return for close spacing is a Microsoft standard when you have various formats operative on an active page. Works the same in Word - so it's a little hard to blame the site creators! Drinks

Page 4 of 6 (145 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >