in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2012 3:05 AM by rikarde. 36 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-28-2012 7:59 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 10 sound quality

Raeuber:

- Beolab 10: 10

I'm not so sure about that. Again, I think it's just that placebo affect that people get when they buy a new speaker or spend some cash, want it to sound much better, so believe it does.

The BL10 is just another BL7.4. I couldn't just use my BV7-40 with a BL7.4/BL10 and be happy. Wasn't good enough.

As I said above, having owned a BV7-40 for many years (with different speaker combos), the BV10 isn't that bad. Definitely not 4/10 compared to 10/10 (where did you get from ?!). BL10 definitely doesn't give a 10/10 audio experience :)

• 02-28-2012 8:07 AM In reply to

• CJM1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-01-2011
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

I have never heard the beolab 10. and i thought how could the Avant speakers get any better!

• 02-28-2012 8:17 AM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Moxxey,

do you think, if somebody uses the BL10 with front speakers like BL9 or BL5 and rear speakers like BL4000 or BL3 and the speaker of the BL10 is only the center, it will also rate a 4.0?

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 02-28-2012 8:41 AM In reply to

I rated the Beolab 10 and the other inbuild speakers as center speaker. For audio you need of course additional speakers, I use Beolab 1 as front and Beolab 6000 as rear speakers at my BV 7-40 3D with Beolab 10.

For "full" audio experience take the Bluray of the Immersion Box of Pink Floyd´s Dark Side Of The Moon, put it into the Bluray Player of BV 7-40 and select the 5.1 Surround Mix of the album at 96 kHz/24bit. I never heard a better sound before! The Beolab 10 matches perfect to the other Beolabs, it´s really amazing.

/Räuber

• 02-28-2012 3:07 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Raeuber:

I rated the Beolab 10 and the other inbuild speakers as center speaker. For audio you need of course additional speakers, I use Beolab 1 as front and Beolab 6000 as rear speakers at my BV 7-40 3D with Beolab 10.

Correct, but that's a different situation entirely (than rating the BL10 as 10/10). Few scenarios beat my BV7-40 + BL9s + BL7.4 setup. That was outstanding. 7.2 was much more bland in comparison and the BV10-46 more poor again. However, it's still decent audio.

Weirdly though, I've just had the BV10-46 mainboard replaced and software upgraded and....the BV10-46 sound quality has improved. Maybe it's that placebo effect again (you expect things to "improve" so believe it has), but it definitely louder and more bassy than it was previously and the settings are the same - well, factory default.

For example, watching the same programme at 50 before is now set to 42 max. Any higher and it's too loud. How odd!

EDIT: it's definitely improved. The spoken word has more clarity, too!

• 02-28-2012 3:32 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Moxey, my only dilema now is will the extra 6 inches for a 10-46 really be worth it? The Beolab 11 is a given

The "are the 6 inches worth it" is one discussion i will not be having with Mrs ChrisErm

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 02-28-2012 3:38 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Chris:

Moxey, my only dilema now is will the extra 6 inches for a 10-46 really be worth it? The Beolab 11 is a given

If I'm being honest, no. In fact, the other day I wondered if I did the right thing - I love the BV10, love the easel stand, love my coloured frets, but it is a tad big. I don't feel like I have an improved visual experience over the previous 40", put it that way.

If I had a second chance at the BV10 purchase, I'd go for the BV10-40 plus BL11. Spend the spare money on alternative frets!

Back to the audio....it's very different from how it was previously. Spoken word is much more at the forefront. They've clearly changed how the audio is handled in a recent software update.

• 02-29-2012 4:46 AM In reply to

Chris:

The "are the 6 inches worth it" is one discussion i will not be having with Mrs ChrisErm

Laughing Unless I miscalculated, there's 37% more viewable surface area in the 46", if you want to think about it that way.

I guess I would also consider how and where you are going to place the TV and not just the size of the screen. With the design as it is, I believe the 10-46" is a definite floor stander unless you have a large room, whereas the 40" can still work on the wall with some furniture under it without the actual picture ending up uncomfortably high to watch.

Didn't the dealers have life size posters of these TVs? If you're planning wall installation, try those out or make your own mockup to see how it'd look.

-mika

• 02-29-2012 5:59 AM In reply to

THe speakers in BV10 is pretty good. I have a 1032 in the kitchen and a sonos hooked up to it and music is played everyday more than my BL9s!

Regards

Vince

• 02-29-2012 7:29 PM In reply to

Is the 46" worth the money over the 40"?  I asked myself that question for six months and bought the 46".  I am glad that I did. Sound, its not as loud as my MX5000 that it replaced, but the quality is very good except the bass.  Comming out the back, it just does not cut it.  The BL 11 should solve that problem. 

• 03-01-2012 2:51 AM In reply to

I am surprised that people in this thread appear to be using bv7 with no speakers other than a bl7-4 or bl10.  It's no surprise that each of these people seem unimpressed with the sound, when these are purpose built, mono, centre speakers, designed for recreating the vocal in a multi speaker setup.

I feel sorry for B&O, they design a TV like the 7, give people the choice of some brilliant centre channel speakers, or what I would argue is the best all in one stereo TV speaker built in the 7-1,2,6 and people select a mono speaker with no left and right channels, presumably on aesthetics alone.

These people then state that the sound isn't very good.  I imagine guests to their houses also leave wondering what all the fuss about B&O sound quality is about.

Its a bit like going on a Mercedes forum and stating that your ML isn't as good round a track as an SL.  They are build for completely different things

• 03-01-2012 3:05 AM In reply to

rednik:

I am surprised that people in this thread appear to be using bv7 with no speakers other than a bl7-4 or bl10.  It's no surprise that each of these people seem unimpressed with the sound, when these are purpose built, mono, centre speakers, designed for recreating the vocal in a multi speaker setup.

I feel sorry for B&O, they design a TV like the 7, give people the choice of some brilliant centre channel speakers, or what I would argue is the best all in one stereo TV speaker built in the 7-1,2,6 and people select a mono speaker with no left and right channels, presumably on aesthetics alone.

These people then state that the sound isn't very good.  I imagine guests to their houses also leave wondering what all the fuss about B&O sound quality is about.

Its a bit like going on a Mercedes forum and stating that your ML isn't as good round a track as an SL.  They are build for completely different things

I completley agree! 

Comparing the speaker of the BV10 to BL3, 5,9 is not really a good comparison in my world. 

Another important thing in this discussion it that all people have different ears, and experience the sound differently. No one seem to take that in mind and just say - This is good that is bad.. A thin tv like the BV10 has some drawbacks in the sound compared to a bigger speaker - it is science - biger cabinet moves more air.. Or am I just tired in my head? :) 

BeoCenter 2, Beovision 10-46, BeoLab3, BeoLab4000, BeoLab3500, Beo4

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2