in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-18-2012 3:17 AM by chartz. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2012 4:10 AM

Beograd 5500 cd won't play

Actually it will but you have to leave the CD in the machine for almost a day, it will then play that CD perfectly. Turning it off and leaving it when you next press play it works perfectly again, all the functions work. However if you open the drawer to put another CD in it will attempt to play, showing the number off tracks sometimes but will then fail, making an odd hissing noise. Leave it for a day, return and it will play straight off!

Any idea on what's wrong? I have change the capacitor that is mentioned a lot, but this seems to have made no difference!

On another subject, I have found that there is an iPod docile for this system that was made but I can't seems to be no way to buy it or the parts to build it.. Any ideas on what has happens to it? As I for one would love to have one!

• 02-17-2012 11:33 AM In reply to

Re: Beograd 5500 cd won't play

I don't know if it is the cause of the problem, but CD5500 often has bad solderings on the connectors for the powersupply on the transformer PCB and the decoder PCB. Also check the solderings of the big Ic's, especially on the corners of the IC's.

• 02-18-2012 3:17 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Re: Beograd 5500 cd won't play

Blackrix:

I don't know if it is the cause of the problem, but CD5500 often has bad solderings on the connectors for the powersupply on the transformer PCB and the decoder PCB. Also check the solderings of the big Ic's, especially on the corners of the IC's.

I agree. Mine had bad power supply capacitors too, almost shorted!

Grab a magnifying glass, inspect the solder joints around the psu and test for voltages.

Jacques

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)