in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-23-2012 12:51 PM by Blackrix. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2012 1:10 PM

MCL/Masterlink System ausgefallen

Ich habe mehrere IR-Empfänger im Haus, die über MCL an ein MCL2P angebunden sind. Das MCL2P ist über Masterlink an eine Ouvertüre angeschlossen. Jetzt funktioniert auf einmal die Steuerung des Systems über die IR-Empfänger mit der Beo 4 nicht mehr.

Signale der Beo 4 werden von den Empfängern empfangen, da dann jeweile ein LED angeht.  Bei der Ouvertüre kommt aber nichts an, sie schaltet sich auch nicht wie sonst an. Am MCL2P leuchtet die LED rot. wenn man die Lautsprecherstecker nach dem entfernen einsteckt wechselt die LED ganz kurz auf grün und geht dann wieder auf rot.

Die Ouvertüre lässt sich am Gerät selbst korrekt bedienen. Ich habe allerdings keine Lautsprecher dran, so dass ich nicht weiss, ob auch ein Audio Signal ausgegeben wird, aber es sieht momentan eher unwahrscheinlich aus, das wenn die Ursache bei der Ouvertüre liegt.  

Ich kenne mich grundsätzlich mit elektronik aus, kenne aber nicht die Details dieses Systems. Jetzt frage ich mich, wie ich den Fehler eingrenzen kann.  Kann mir hier jemand einen Tip geben?

• 02-11-2012 2:32 AM In reply to

Re: MCL/Masterlink System ausgefallen

Sorry, I just forgot that this is the english part of the Forum.

I have 6 IR-receivers in my house which are connected to a MCL2P which is connected through Masterlink to an Ouverture. Since some days the remote control of the system does not work anymore.

IR signals are received by the receivers and the LED on the receiver lights up.

The MCL2P is in standby mode and is not activated after an ir signal  is sent.

No signal is send to  or received by the Ouverture. 

Ouverture does not seem to be the problem but I could not controll it because I have no speakers installed on it.

I wonder how to identify the cause of these problems and would welcome any help. 

• 02-11-2012 5:03 AM In reply to

First try to reset your system by unplugging all mainsconnectors from all products in the linksystem. After all is unplugged wait a few minutes before plugging the mainsconnectors back to the mains. This complete reset of your system might do the trick.

• 02-11-2012 10:05 AM In reply to

I did this but it didn't change anything. What could be the next step?

• 02-11-2012 11:00 AM In reply to

I think you might have to disconnect all MCL boxes and connect them one by one to your MCL2P. The MCL units are daisy chained to each other, so if one has a shortcircuit or a dataproblem it might bring down the complete system. Does the MCL2P switch on when you switch on the BeoSound (light turns to Green on MCL2P)? And I guess the MCL2P is connected to your Ouverture with the use of Powerlink?

• 02-11-2012 11:58 AM In reply to

TheMCL2P does not switch on and the LED remains red. It is only green for a very short moment if I put in the 3-pin speaker/data plug. 

The MCL2P and Ouverture are connected with a Masterlink cable.

• 02-11-2012 12:01 PM In reply to

The IR-receiver units are not daisy chained, they are paralell in my case. Did I mix the name of the system? It is the old version, I guess 7 pole.

• 02-11-2012 3:01 PM In reply to

If it was a masterlink cable you woeld not have an MCL2P but an ML/MCL converter. But the cable from the Ouverture to the MCL2P has an 8-pole connector on both sides? In that case disconnect the two 3-pole connectors from the MCL2P and switch on the Ouverture and let me know what happens to the LED on the MCL2P. If it goes to green shortly and right after that to red I might know what could be wrong.

• 02-11-2012 3:19 PM In reply to

Ooops. Its an MCMXCV ML/MCL converter(but its also an amplifier, isn't it). I Thought from photos that it was an MCL2P.  I am really sorry for that misinformation.

Took the cables two three pole connectors out, power up the Ouverture and nothing happened. the LED stayed red.

Does that indicate that its either the masterlink connection or the MCMXCV?

• 02-11-2012 3:38 PM In reply to

The test with the LED only works for an MCL2P. Is it possible for you to connect just one MCL unit at a time to see what happens?

• 02-11-2012 5:04 PM In reply to

If there is no alternative I would go for that. Unfortunately all the cables are fit together now and it will be a bigger effort to separate them ....

I will continue on that by tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your help so far.

Cheers

• 02-11-2012 5:12 PM In reply to

There might be another way to test the amplifier of the ML/MCL converter, but for that you need a fully wired powerlinkcable. 

• 02-12-2012 3:46 AM In reply to

How would that go? I think  I can make me such a cable, latest by tomorrow.

• 02-12-2012 4:01 AM In reply to

Connect the powerlinksocket of your Ouverture to the powerlinksocket of your ML/MCL converter. Switch on the Ouverture and see if the converter also switches on. Reason for this test is that there is an NTC in the ML/MCL converter which switches the amplifier off when it is overheating. This NTC sometimes changes its value because of age. Because of this the safetycircuit thinks it is overheating and switches the amplifier off immediately. Another way of testing is connecting an ML IR-eye (round aluminium eye) to the converter and see if this will work. But for that you need the IR-eye.

• 02-13-2012 4:29 AM In reply to

I have to wait another day because the shops where I could get the cable rsp. plugs are closed on monday. Does it make sense to check the NTC separately?

• 02-13-2012 12:22 PM In reply to

I don't know how technical you are. You could simply disconnect the NTC, if the amplifier switches on after that it must be the NTC. Maybe another way of checking, does the ML/MCL converter switch on very briefly (led turns green and red directly after that) if you choose a source in a linkroom? And is the red led on on the IR transceiver in the linkroom?

• 02-13-2012 12:43 PM In reply to

I built some tube amps by myself so I know how to solder and basics about reading schematics. Unfortunately I have no schemytic for the convertor. How do I find the NTC?

• 02-13-2012 3:15 PM In reply to

The NTC is placed on a very small PCB which is screwed to the heatsink. 

• 02-14-2012 6:09 AM In reply to

Thanks so far. Have to make some days break on this issue due to travelling now. I´ll come back later.

• 02-15-2012 1:14 PM In reply to

I was happy.  yesterday because I found a broken pin in one of the connectors. Everything worked fine. Then I got call from my whife this morning - doesnt work again. Back to start.

• 02-23-2012 12:06 PM In reply to

Puuh. Only the battery of the Remote was down and the system works correctly. What a joke. 

• 02-23-2012 12:51 PM In reply to

Hmm, did not think of that one! Well, problem solved!

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)