in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2012 1:40 PM by ari. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2012 9:19 PM

Any Lintronic Users Out There

Do you use a Lintronic code translation device? If so, have you ever used Command 232, the command set related to serial communications?

If so, I have some questions for you. Please PM me. Thanks.

• 02-03-2012 12:54 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Re: Any Lintronic Users Out There

Hi there,

PIR use the lintronic box but I use the rs232 port for connection to the digital inputs.

Do you want to use it for rs232 or for access to some pins?

There is a forum on the lintronic site that Michael responds to very quickly and you can also call him for support he is very helpful.

Cheers

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-03-2012 4:32 AM In reply to

• ari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2012
    • South Africa
    • Posts 30
    • Bronze Member

I ordered mine a week ago with the expedited (1-2 days) TNT delivery.  Still waiting for it due to stock problems of one of the relays..

But when I get it I will be sharing tips and hope to learn something from fellow owner!

Maybe we can make a thread where all Lintronic users gather and share tips/configs/button layouts etc. as well as any other tips??

I think that would be a great idea!

• 02-03-2012 6:41 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

ari:

... Maybe we can make a thread where all Lintronic users gather and share tips/configs/button layouts etc. as well as any other tips??

I think that would be a great idea!

I too think this would be a great idea. Idea

Would have helped me alot in the past when configuring my -238.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 02-03-2012 2:37 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Well, in the past there was a Lintronic forum. But we can of course just let this thread grow. I'm also a Lintronicer, having problem as it cant controll my Sony DVD. But I solved the problem by getting a XBOX 360. Smile

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 02-03-2012 3:13 PM In reply to

Why not join here and get expert anwers from the man himself, rather than relying on guesswork ?

http://lintronic.dk/forum/default.asp

• 02-04-2012 3:57 AM In reply to

• ari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2012
    • South Africa
    • Posts 30
    • Bronze Member

Yeah Michael, it would be good to get feedback directly from you and I will  post direct queries there.

But it would be nice to gather the Lintronic community here too and chat in general :)

Besides, who said it will be guesswork???

• 02-04-2012 10:30 AM In reply to

Sorry, we have an excellent forum running already, and I cannot spend too much time both places. I support my own forum 18 hours a day monday through sunday - therefore I cannot be active here.

By posting on my forum you benefit from speedy and accurate replies - and much more important - you are contributing to more and better features/support by letting me know what problems you are facing.

If we are not involved -  how can we improve ? If you read something wrong in here, how do you get passed that ?

By posting here - and not involving us directly - you do not serve neither you or us. Some of the problems I see in here, stay here for months or even years - and is a constant and ongoing discussion based on old info/knowledge, even though we solved or added it a long time ago. It will often waste your time.

By contacting me directly or in our forum - it is solved in a matter of hours our days. I can delete posts creating confusion and I can move posts to another more relavant category. All in the interest of my users. In here I can do nothing of the kind.

Bottom line is - by working directly with us - or in our forum - you get better service and better solutions.

Example:
    The latest Configurator use an SQL database. Many people think it is located on the web - but in fact you have your own copy on your local machine, making the configuration very fast. In another forum I saw this rumour a long time ago and it still convinces new users that we use an online database - so they cannot work offline on a portable computer - and that is not and never was true.  It is based on guesswork and lack of information. When new users finally start using it, they wish that they listend to me along time ago. Lately we added COPY PROJECT - based on a request from users in our forum.

And today a happy user created a document explaing how the variables work in his project. Things like this we do not share here  simply due to lack of time.

http://lintronic.dk/feedback.asp

• 02-04-2012 12:09 PM In reply to

• ari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2012
    • South Africa
    • Posts 30
    • Bronze Member

We would never "exclude" you Michael. No disrespect at all;  we never asked you to spend time here, although of course it would be great! I do agree it would be more productive to post our concerns/queries over on your forums.

I just wanted to hear from/gauge how many of our Beoworld members are using the Lintronic device, and also what their setup is - no harm in that right? I can imagine not everyone here frequents your forum, so perhaps it could be a platform to get more owners involved in your forums too.

If there are any specific queries I can assure you that I will be posting it over on your forums or emailing yourself directly, so don't feel like we would be leaving you out / counter productive towards the evolution of the product. You have been very efficient in responding to emails and I can imagine other issues would be dealt with in much the same manner.

I would however still like a reply to my email concering the iPhone/iOS app queries when you get a chance :)

Thanks

• 02-04-2012 1:16 PM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Michael Lindgaard:

And today a happy user created a document explaing how the variables work in his project. Things like this we do not share here  simply due to lack of time.

http://lintronic.dk/feedback.asp

Hello Michael,

the happy user you're quoting is me. Smile

When I asked you if it's possible to use GO+number commands for less used functions you told me that it is not possible. After I asked people here on the forum, one Beoworlder said it is possible and he was of much help. He took the time to program a configuration including GO+number commands especially for me, with every function I need. Even if it doesn't worked at the first attempt, after two or three attempts it now works perfect !

Without this Beoworld member, who's name I don't want to tell here, I wouldn't enjoy the -238 as much as I do today. It's a real pleasure to have it, but without the added functionality of GO+number commands I would simply miss something.

I must admit that I didn't bought my -238 new from Michael. I took the chance to get a pe-owned one from ebay for a third of the normal price. After having so much trouble with IRtrans and Linvis solutions I didn't want to spend so much money on a thing that eventually wouldn't work as I want it to work. What I bought from Michael was a license key to update my -238 to the most up-to-date firmware.

After having problems to set up the pre-owned -238, because the former owner set up the device for use with the 485 protocol which I didn't know, Michael was of much help immediatly solving this problem. This is what I call a first class service ! Big Smile

Michael, please don't be offended if we speak about lintronic products here.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 02-04-2012 1:40 PM In reply to

• ari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2012
    • South Africa
    • Posts 30
    • Bronze Member

Nice one BeoIce! I'm sure I will be asking you some questions about your GO+ programming if you don't mind that is when I get my -238. I'm going to have to fiddle around with it first and come up with my button layout :)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)