in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-29-2012 3:51 AM by Bieele. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2012 3:05 PM

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

HELP! Beosound 9000 not working.....

Hi,

I have a problem with my beosound 9000; it is not responding to anything; not to remote commands, not to the buttons on the unit itself. 

Some background:

I had the beosound connected to a bv8-40. The BV8-40 has been out for repair (long story...). During the repair time the beosound 9000 has been unplugged. After reconnecting the beosound 9000 to the bv8-40 the unit started to work. But the strange thing was that the beosound 9000 did turn off after a couple of minutes, but did not ask for the pin code.

Because I did not get it to work, I have disconnected the beosound 9000 from the bv8-40 and connected speakers directly to the beosound 9000. Now I do not get it to work at all! Tried to disconnect it from the mains for some time, but also no luck.....

Another strange thing; every now and then (every 3-5 minutes) the unit makes a bit of sound; the led blinks and the connected speakers also "click".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Regards,

Dennis 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 01-28-2012 3:37 PM In reply to

Re: HELP! Beosound 9000 not working.....

I am afraid you might have a technical defect in your BeoSound 9000, it might be a defective Eeprom. 

• 01-28-2012 6:35 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

I have the same concern, but hope I miss something and there is a smart solution to fix this myself....

• 01-28-2012 8:32 PM In reply to

What was the OPTION setting you had programmed into the BS 9000 ?

Was it by any chance "0" ?

Would resetting the OPTION make a difference ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-28-2012 11:14 PM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

I have had exactly the same problem. Disconnected my BeoSound 9000 (Mark3, from 2001) after being connected for many years to my Beovision 7-40. I sold it to a friend of mine because I ordered a new one, fearing that B&O might stop production soon. After being disconnected for 2 days, I installed it at my friends house as a standalone system with my two old Beolab 1 speakers that I sold him as well. It developed exactly the same issues that you describe. I brought it to the B&O dealer in Bussum, The Netherlands (we only recently moved to Hong Kong last October) and they send it to the B&O Technical Department in The Netherlands. It turned out that the EEPROM chip was faulty and they replaced it for around 400 Euro (this included a ful service check as well). 

• 01-28-2012 11:14 PM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

PS. I have read somewhere on this forum that some very tech savy members have done this repair themselves, lowering the costs by just ordering the part from a dealer.

• 01-29-2012 3:51 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.

Beolab:

Beolab1:

I have had exactly the same problem. Disconnected my BeoSound 9000 (Mark3, from 2001) after being connected for many years to my Beovision 7-40. I sold it to a friend of mine because I ordered a new one, fearing that B&O might stop production soon. After being disconnected for 2 days, I installed it at my friends house as a standalone system with my two old Beolab 1 speakers that I sold him as well. It developed exactly the same issues that you describe. I brought it to the B&O dealer in Bussum, The Netherlands (we only recently moved to Hong Kong last October) and they send it to the B&O Technical Department in The Netherlands. It turned out that the EEPROM chip was faulty and they replaced it for around 400 Euro (this included a ful service check as well). 

Thanks for the info. Of course not what I wanted to hear, but striking how similar the problem is!

Would be great is some forum members could help with the Do It Yourself solution. Can I do some specific tests or measurements to verify that the eeprom is the root cause? Other ideas how to get this solved without spending 400 euro's?

Regards,

Bieele

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)