in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-31-2008 10:10 AM by Bieele. 33 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-30-2008 3:41 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Re: Please tell me I do not have to buy a Beovision 7

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH;

I did happen again: but now the TV turned of completely (with a small bang).

After disconnecting all speakers and inputs I turned the TV on again.

It turned on; in the setup menu I found the following error messages:

1030 8C-2C

1030 88-2B

Can anyone help me with these error messages?

Is there any hope left?

Thanks,

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 10-30-2008 5:11 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

benjnz:
    I'd still go for a secondhand RF Avant Big Smile OR a BV5

Used BV5 every time.  I am astonished as to how people haven't quite picked up on what storming value they are now!!!

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-30-2008 5:20 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

9 LEE:

Used BV5 every time.  I am astonished as to how people haven't quite picked up on what storming value they are now!!!

Oh well believe me if I could afford it I would, I'd even offer the certain well known 2nd hand dealer the opertunity to come and install it/stay free of charge for a break if required. Oh well fingers crossed for Lotto Big Smile

• 10-30-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

benjnz:
    I'd still go for a secondhand RF Avant Big Smile OR a BV5

I hope I can still wait for some time; I reduced the voltage to the tube; the picture quality looks great again; but I am afraid that this will only last for a short period. I will keep my fingers crossed (works ok for 1 hour now).

Design-wise the BV5 is one of the best TV's ever made in my opinion; I also prefer it over the BV9. But technology wise it would not feel like the best buy. If I am forced to buy a new tv; I will first take a very good look at the used avant RF market.

Regards,

Bieele 

• 10-30-2008 6:03 PM In reply to

I must add that I too love my Avant and would replace it with the same if I had to....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-31-2008 1:59 AM In reply to

My my Bieele. 

You must be some strong person to have not jump into the LCD/Plasma bandwagon especially since almost everyone is promoting them.  

• 10-31-2008 8:25 AM In reply to

• Hamburg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

I've had exactly the same about 3 years ago. First the lines (my background was red when this happened) then the black with white dot. This happened about 4 or 5 times, the last time the ficture didn't come back. This was all within a week or 2.  I changed the tube which cost about € 900 at the time including everything. I watched the Avant for about another year and than traded it in for a BV7-40. Till today I'm very happy with that decision.

• 10-31-2008 9:30 AM In reply to

Hi Bieele,

I also traded in my RF Avant in February for a BV 7-40 MK III ans I never regret it. Ziggo provided me digital signal (analoge is not good) and the picturequality is suberb!

In my opinion the picture quality of the BV 7 is as good as the avant. Also watching DVD is suberb.Maybe it would not hurt tot talk to your dealer. Could it be we have the same dealer (the one which B&O announced as the best dealer from Holland)?

Regards,

Rob 

Just because it's mellow it doesn't mean it's less evil....
  • 10-31-2008 10:10 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Hamburg:

I've had exactly the same about 3 years ago. First the lines (my background was red when this happened) then the black with white dot. This happened about 4 or 5 times, the last time the ficture didn't come back. This was all within a week or 2.  I changed the tube which cost about € 900 at the time including everything. I watched the Avant for about another year and than traded it in for a BV7-40. Till today I'm very happy with that decision.

Thanks for sharing your information; I am affraid I will have similar 2 weeks ahead...... .

I actually agree that the BV7-40 is a great set; but I would not like to go above 32" (I use a beamer for movies; and feel like watching the news at 40" is a bit overdone for my room size).

DiaBandO:

Hi Bieele,

I also traded in my RF Avant in February for a BV 7-40 MK III ans I never regret it. Ziggo provided me digital signal (analoge is not good) and the picturequality is suberb!

In my opinion the picture quality of the BV 7 is as good as the avant. Also watching DVD is suberb.Maybe it would not hurt tot talk to your dealer. Could it be we have the same dealer (the one which B&O announced as the best dealer from Holland)?

Regards,

Rob 

Hello Rob,

Yes, it sounds like it is the same dealer! Very happy with that dealer actually; in my opinion they deserved the price.

I hope to have time available tomorrow to pay him a visit; we do not live very close to the dealer but have an appointment this week near that dealer. As I stated in my reply to "Hamburg" I would be happy with a 32" telly; but also "need" a good tv as a center of my home cinema.

Bieele

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2