in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2011 5:54 AM by Chris. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-26-2011 5:44 PM

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Is the Beo 6 fit for purpose?

Tonight my Beo 6 slid off the sofa and fell on to some pyjama bottoms, which were on a carpet(1 foot). The reason it did this is because its shape and texture and are not suited to being left on a chair. It is round shiny and metalic. Unlike our Beo 4 which is not only bomb proof but due to its rubbery keys, it is very hard to knock off.

So for the second time in 4 months the sound wheel does not adjust the volume. It is tough and very resistant to turn. Even when it does work it sometimes has huge lag, and after trying to turn up the volume, it delays and delays until finally it kicks in and goes up to say 90%!!!! I took it to my B&O shop where they had genuinely never heard of such a thing, only for the same thing to happen there and then in the shop.  Alarming to say the least.

Does anyone believe that for a television controller which is going to spend most of its time on the side of a chair/sofa, this thing is worth the £700 we spend on it. Its shape and texture are awkward and slippery. Apart form the touch screen with its average quality images, why bother at all?

Very disgruntled that my bomb proof product, can only look upon a 10 year old Beo 4 as it just gets on with the job, no matter whats thrown at it!

ChrisAngry

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 12-27-2011 12:05 AM In reply to

Re: Is the Beo 6 fit for purpose?

I don't think it is because it fell I sometimes have the same problem with the volume it doesn't respond and when it does.......

Wanna play?!! (Also a PRIZEWINNER ON BEOWORLD!) 

• 12-27-2011 12:06 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I had a Beo5 do the same thing. 

I think the hard keys on the outside get pushed in and cause a friction on the wheel

I actually like mine pretty well. . .

Did the shop replace it? or just simply send you out hat in hand?

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 12-28-2011 4:11 AM In reply to

its a pitty that you have to get around with that issue again and again;

but: The Beo5 and Beo6 are clearly not just remotes for a TV or Sound System; they much more! If programmed correctly - you can control nearly every technical gear, you can even play directly every single album stored on the HDD from your BS 3200!

I believe most of the owners are not aware how many possibilites the Beo5/6 offers and even many salesmen do not have a clue. 

ok, you're right that shape and balance are not ideal but otherwise is would not be B&O

Regards Elmar

• 12-28-2011 5:54 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Well is it keeps malfunctioning "again and again" i'll bring it up. Personally i just want to control my tv, and if i can't even adjust the volumeErm

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)