in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-19-2007 7:29 AM by Dave. 40 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2007 5:06 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Re: Loosing my religion

But even if I would be born first 20 years from now (or 50 years, or 100 years  etc.) I'm pretty sure I would not be getting any closer to knowing where IT all leads to ... or what is the BEST, in other words. Bingo, to me it seems that by your "try to be honest" you merely state the obvious: the human hunt for perfection will simply never end, and in the meantime people take some rather down-to-earth-and-subjective decissions, such as buying an expensive B&O system - or Kuro. I would rather try to reverse the question and ask: Has anyone been really disappointed buying B&O? If yes, then tell the forum exactly why. Now, that's what many people are doing and it, indeed, is more practical, IMHO. (Don't misunderstand me, I always appreciate your input, Bingo!)

The "reversed" question goes partially to Pushkin as well: maybe your religion would be back if you had BL5s - and, dare I say that, a better source material ('sound and vision').

PS I do think that being on the top of the things (B&O incl.) takes more and more money, though. Or is it I make less and less? [:'(]

• 07-14-2007 11:56 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

saf:

The "reversed" question goes partially to Pushkin as well: maybe your religion would be back if you had BL5s - and, dare I say that, a better source material.

I agree with your point saf.

Also, Bang & Olufsen isn't a flawless company (no company is), but it is a passionate and outstanding firm that has churned out an incredible amount of commendable and record breaking achievements - not only in design, but in sound, vision and materials used. I suppose we have to set aside our adoring eyes, at times, and be rational by not always expecting perfection with 100% of these products 100% of the time - televisions mainly, due to the way the technology develops and changes so unpredictably!

The people who fall in love with, and purchase, these products are also passionate and have certain priorities that B&O truly fulfill. For instance, the lust for style, eccentricity, beauty, detail, thoughtful design etc etc.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 07-15-2007 1:28 PM In reply to

I may not have lost my religion - as I still love this site and I think the B&O stuff is beautiful - but I am not exactly sure I am ready to tithe my income to the Church of B&O for much longer.  The stuff is too expensive.  It is expensive to fix (US$400 to fix "something broken" with my BS1 last year), my Mom is looking at a US$2000+ repair bill for an old beosystem something-or-another since the CD mechanism no longer works.  The TV situation, esp here in the US, is insane.  Expensive to maintain.  Aspects of the systems make no sense at all.  Yes, love the A9 keychain for example - but can someone please explain how to set up the remote light controls?  The world of technology yes is moving fast - and while I dont expect B&O to constantly try to compete with the Sony's of the world - but hey - only 1 Aux input on my BS3200?  So what do I do about my Sat radio?  my iPod? my Airport Express?  my TV?  There is a huge basic functionality which is missing.  More and more, yes it looks good (great?) but for the price - there is other art work I can buy.  I just want to listen to my music and more and more B&O is having a hard time keeping up.

-michael 

• 07-17-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

• SDB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-22-2007
    • Posts 31
    • Bronze Member

I fully understand.

What drew me to B&O, in 1983, when we took the entire final  proceeds from a settlement following a burglary of pretty much everything we owned (making us probably the poorest B&O owners in the world!) - was the way music sounded.

That, enhanced by the simplicity of use (which my wife expecially loved) made us incredibly happy with our quite low-end B&O.

So, thanks to some  burglars, we converted the insured value of everything - our meager jewelry, beat-up cameras, small appliances - everything we owned as a new couple expecting their first kid - into a stereo.

We didn't have a clock radio, but we had a beautiful and beautiful sounding stereo.

All was well in the world.

24 years later, both kids are musicians, and I'm scrounging for vintage B&O.

So, yes, it's a religion, but there are soooo many ways to practice it, if you don't fear the occasional heresy.

• 07-17-2007 4:43 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Wow SDB, that was a great post!!

Durban South Africa

• 07-17-2007 5:00 PM In reply to

• SDB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-22-2007
    • Posts 31
    • Bronze Member

Thanks, Francois.

I eXpecially like the way I spelled "especially"!

But the post was heartfelt, which is odd. I mean, it's still just stereo stuff, ya know? 

• 07-17-2007 5:07 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Thats the beauty of B&O, goes straight to your heart!

Durban South Africa

• 07-17-2007 6:48 PM In reply to

interesting thread. keep posting. i read.
  • 07-17-2007 9:28 PM In reply to

Dear All:

Enjoy what you have; share your music; and keep listening.

dario
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 07-18-2007 2:11 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Great post and discussions;

I still love my B&O stuff; but lately I get less exited by the release of (part of) the new B&O stuff. The BL5 and 9 were the best product releases of the last years; still expensive; but great value for money! But if I look at the tv range I am far less excited; this part of the market seems to be going to fast for B&O to keep up. I think it is time that B&O surprises us (or at least me) again by introducing new products that are great by combining design, quality, innovativation and user friendlyness!

Regards,

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 07-18-2007 4:00 AM In reply to

• GANGO
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • italy
    • Posts 48
    • Bronze Member

hi everybody!

anyway, if you think about it -there is no alternative to b&o if you pretend good soundquality, fine design, excellent craftmansship and above all the full intergration in your home and the possibility to add in every moment of your life a new component to your set up. try to add a new dvd player to your kikinoko setup that you bought 5 years ago- it will not fit for colour or size or what ever! try to transfer your favorite music into your bathroom for the morningshower! with b&o it's quit simple, with any other brand it's almost impossible. and as other members already said, if you don't like the actual stuff  and you prefer to wait until you find some new stuff ,you can go for excellent products from yesterday wich are beautyful and modern today and so they will be tomorrow.

the only alternative i can see IMO is Revox www.revox.ch , nice stuff and full integration but it is not the same....

gango

gango

• 07-18-2007 4:56 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Agreed! Nothing is as simple (yet advanced under the skin) as B&O. However, they are falling down in certain areas.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-18-2007 11:08 AM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

Bieele:

Great post and discussions;

I still love my B&O stuff; but lately I get less exited by the release of (part of) the new B&O stuff. The BL5 and 9 were the best product releases of the last years; still expensive; but great value for money! But if I look at the tv range I am far less excited; this part of the market seems to be going to fast for B&O to keep up. I think it is time that B&O surprises us (or at least me) again by introducing new products that are great by combining design, quality, innovativation and user friendlyness!

Regards,

Bieele 

IMO the last excellent tv products of B&O were the LX sets, they were not even that expensive. Avant was not providing enough value for the investment, BS3 now has the potential.

The screensErm. I can not justify myself to pay that much more for the B&O aluminium frame and the contrast glas.

• 07-19-2007 2:56 AM In reply to

• GANGO
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • italy
    • Posts 48
    • Bronze Member

hi all

another point is: you cannot abbandon B&O because there is no  other brand with a fantastic comunity like the beoworld members are!

when you're alone in the dark with problems on your kikinoko setup try to search help on kikinokoworld.org .....

greetings

gango

• 07-19-2007 5:11 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

GANGO:

hi all

another point is: you cannot abbandon B&O because there is no  other brand with a fantastic comunity like the beoworld members are!

when you're alone in the dark with problems on your kikinoko setup try to search help on kikinokoworld.org .....

greetings

LaughingLaughingLaughing
    Good lad Gango. You say all the right things.
    Looks like you are trying hard to win first prize on July 31Wink
    All you have to do now is put your hand in your pocket and sign up for Gold!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-19-2007 7:29 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

jandyt:
    GANGO:

hi all

greetings

LaughingLaughingLaughing
    Good lad Gango. You say all the right things.
    Looks like you are trying hard to win first prize on July 31Wink
    All you have to do now is put your hand in your pocket and sign up for Gold!

Andy T.

Here here!  

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2