in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2012 3:42 PM by Oasis. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-23-2011 5:28 PM

Link TV not turning on

I have a TV linked to the main room TV but when I want to switch on the TV to watch the STB connected to the main room TV, it won't turn on. It will only turn on if the main room TV is also on. 

Is it a problem with the connection or the source setting itself in the main room?

• 12-23-2011 10:41 PM In reply to

Re: Link TV not turning on

I think it all depends on how the STB is connected.

Are you using the RF device from B&O to get your link room support ?

So free to air works with the Beovision in standby mode ? As in the old analogue TV as well as any new digital free to air ? 

But the STB does not ?

How is the STB connected to the Beovision ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-25-2011 8:14 PM In reply to

As I did not set it up myself I'm not quite sure the answer to your questions, but I know there is a RF device in place. We did not set up the free analog TV on the link TV, and it already has its own built in DVB-T module so digital free to air works fine independently of the main room TV. The STB is connected to one of the AV sources on the back of the main room BV. So only when the main room BV is switched on, I can access the STB connected to the main room BV, but if it is switched off, the link TV wouldn't even switch on if I wanted to watch the STB. 

• 12-26-2011 9:32 PM In reply to

Oasis:
    The STB is connected to one of the AV sources on the back of the main room BV

I have lost my set-up (got rid of the old crap cheap tubes) so I can't verify the behaviour, but it sort of makes sense that main BV has to be active at one level

Did the behaviour change or was it always so ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-28-2011 12:53 AM In reply to

• tompa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 94
    • Bronze Member

Oasis:

I have a TV linked to the main room TV but when I want to switch on the TV to watch the STB connected to the main room TV, it won't turn on. It will only turn on if the main room TV is also on. 

Is it a problem with the connection or the source setting itself in the main room?

Hi,

If you want serious answer...., Can you begin to tell us what you have??

If the main tv for example is a newer one,the reason could be that you have energy saving on in the menus, if so the masterlink module on tv is off and not react on command from link room until tv is on

/Tompa

• 01-05-2012 3:42 PM In reply to

Thank you for mentioning the power saving option. I have turned it off and now it works!
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)