in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-22-2011 4:04 PM by paul. 63 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2011 1:38 PM In reply to

Re: THE BEOWORLD PRIZE DRAW - PLEASE READ

As a founder member, id d like to thank lee for everything he has done for us..

so quarterly prize draws no problem. look on the positive side you will only be disappointed four times a year now  lol.

Lee enjoy your family

malcolm

• 11-30-2011 1:52 PM In reply to

BioFamily before BeoFamily!

I happily pay my gold membership, prize draw or not!

Thanks Lee!

P.S. I actually missed this past month's draw for (I think) the first time in 4+ years! Embarrassed Will be here tonight!

• 11-30-2011 1:54 PM In reply to

I love Beoworld and I do love Price draws. Even if I usually do not win.

For me the development of Beoworld is more important than a monthly draw.

Thanks to Lee and his team for Beoworld.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 11-30-2011 2:34 PM In reply to

All what I would say has been said. Lee I don't need a 12 month notice, so please (re)consider to make the change effective as per January. Would like to see the Beoworld site alive rather then you burning down on the pricedraw.

Ferdinand

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 11-30-2011 2:51 PM In reply to

For the year coming, you could have prize draw "lite" every month. Having less prizes, offering LifeStyle vouchers, not chasing people too much...

• 11-30-2011 3:06 PM In reply to

Fine by me! I think this forum is brill and I have met some great people, the prize draw was a bonus. you have looked after me so who needs a prize draw!

• 11-30-2011 4:17 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Stonk:

moxxey:
    The way I see this is that most of us are in the privileged position where we can generally afford B&O products

I think you'll find you are incorrect. Some might be in that privileged position but most are mid earners...

Hey, I'm a damned mid-earner! But I'm not greedy either and there are people in far worse positions than me and many others. B&O products are still luxury items and many can't even attempt to get close to the brand, so we are in a privileged position.

• 11-30-2011 6:19 PM In reply to

Firstly, and obviously, Lee do what's right for you and your family...

Secondly, the prizes in the prize draw as it stands are too expensive anyway!!

The prize draws have always been a bonus. Would anyone feel less happiness winning a B&O cap? I don't think so..

Soren, from Mexico, won some golf balls and he continually brags about this! I think that's brilliant! You'd think he'd won Beolab 5s LaughingLaughingLaughing The point is he won a prize and was extatic about it, and it didn't matter what the prize was!

Do what's easiest Lee, and make the prizes cheaper. I'd love the chance to win a set of Beolabs every month, but this is not realistic.

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-30-2011 8:53 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

I think that Quarterly, or even Bi-Annually is a much better idea.

• 12-01-2011 3:14 AM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Lee, start the quarterly jan 2012. why wait another year ?

• 12-01-2011 3:47 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

valve1:

Lee, start the quarterly jan 2012. why wait another year ?

+1

Yes, why wouldn't you start it jan 2012?

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 12-01-2011 3:53 AM In reply to

As has been mentioned the prizes are amazing but a bit ott imo. Why not just give out some boks , mugs , beer mats etc ? 

As long as it's got B&O written on it i'd take anything !

( within reason ) :D

• 12-01-2011 4:05 AM In reply to

Quarterly is absolutely fine by me. Even 3x a year is OK!
  • 12-01-2011 4:17 AM In reply to

As a student, I will be happy to receive just about everything with B&O branding (as Søren Mexico's golf set Big Smile)

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 12-01-2011 7:16 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

I'm OK with the quarterly draw. The idea of the Lifestyle vouchers ias good too. I really appreciate you give one year's notice, I think that's fair for the new gold members.

If you consider to start quarterly from 2012, I think that it will make sense to beef up the prizes a little bit. That way nobody will be discouraged and you will avoid the hassle of doing this every month.

My 2 cents.

Gustavo

• 12-01-2011 8:11 AM In reply to

Hi there!

No complaints from me. Start up with quarterly at once. Do a refund on those who complain...won't be many anyway.

Thank you so very much for this wonderful site!!!!

Lloydern

Anything but Beo isn't an option...3-32, Overture, DVD1, Beomedia, V8000, lab 4000, 2 x lab 2000, 2 x lab 6000 & lab 11.

• 12-01-2011 9:35 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

Dear Lee,

for me a quarterly draw would be ok. You decide. For sure family comes first.
    Just be fair enough to all members that paid and that want a refund (I don't).

BUT:
    Let's not forget, Lee, this site has generated business for you.
    So one could see it, to some extend, as a (costly) marketing tool.
    Correct me if I am wrong.
    If you want to achieve goals (business / private) you need to put effort and time into it.
    Most people that run their own businesses work a "little more"...
    There are time in your life when your work-life-balance is a little out of balance.
    Glad you see this and try to react to it.
    I understand very well, it is not only for the money but for the TIME that the draw etc. consumes.

I really appreciate your effort and time put into this site which I enjoy a lot.

But there are always two sides of a story.

What I suggest:
    Either go for a montly draw
    - just 3 prices, not as expensive as the ususal 3 top prices as today
    - will take less time
    - but a montly draw requires 3 nights a quarter to support botty
    - [OT: is lifestyle av only you? why not have someelse do the draw? share the work with 2-3 people?]

or go for a quartly draw (prizes as today)
    -  which will save money AND time.

I remember when I joined Beoworld I was looking for manuals etc. and the price draw was very attractive so I joined.
    I am sure, it is so for new members today as well.
    For me, the price draw it still nice to have, but does not make this forum what it is.
    Something people might understand only after they have been here for a while ;-)

Best regards and all the best for you and your family

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 12-01-2011 9:54 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

kallasr:

I remember when I joined Beoworld I was looking for manuals etc. and the price draw was very attractive so I joined.
    I am sure, it is so for new members today as well.
    For me, the price draw it still nice to have, but does not make this forum what it is.
    Something people might understand only after they have been here for a while ;-)

What Ralf wrote made me laugh out loud and spit a bit of coffee on my computer here at work.

When I joined, I had a Beogram RX 2 (original owner since before 1990) and a pair of S45-2s.  That's it for B&O.  I had distortion in one of the midranges/phase links of the S45-2s, and Martin ultimately supplied me with a working midrange and I ultimately learned what I really needed was to recap the crossover.

Twenty or so months later my B&O now counts 5 pairs of Beovox, 3 Beomasters, 4 Beocords, 5 Beograms, 1 Beogram CD, and 1 Beomic.  You know what happens "after (you) have been here for a while"?  The Beovirus happens!

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 12-01-2011 10:03 AM In reply to

• BandOkie
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Owasso, Oklahoma - USA
    • Posts 112
    • Founder

Lee,

You have been very generous with your time, money, support, and friendship.  I would hope that no one complains about your decision but continues to support Beoworld and LifeStyle AV.  Spend more time with your loved ones and we will too.

Thanks for all you do,

BandOkie
    Michael in Oklahoma

• 12-01-2011 2:55 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Lee, I demand a prize draw every three month starting 2012! You can not "waste" one more year of your family life! No one will complain, and if they do, give them refund for what's left of their annual fee.

I am a gold member JUST for the support of the site, as I NEVER EVER win anything in any kind of lottery I join. I never expected to win anything here neither.

So first draw in 2012 is last of March!

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 12-01-2011 4:04 PM In reply to

SHOW ME THE MONEY OR AT LEAST A COASTER OR 2.

Carl Sheerman

• 12-01-2011 4:09 PM In reply to

Further to my last this site has helped me out countless times, i didnt join this site to get prizes i joined to gain help and to dish out what small amount of knowledge i have to help b & o enthusiasts so i am happy to go with every 3 months.

Carl Sheerman

• 12-01-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

I think going to a 3 monthly draw is a sound option because i joined this site when it was first born to gain help from people with knowledge and the members have helped me out countless times.  A big thank you Lee and i would be happy to go to every 3 months

Carl Sheerman

• 12-01-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

Hi Lee

Whatever your choice (family is of course the best one), you have my supportWink

• 12-01-2011 4:53 PM In reply to

I have no issues at all with a less frequent prize draw. Starting from January 2012 would be fine by me as well. The real prizes for me are my 40-year old systems still looking and sounding great and the advice and generosity of the membership here. You made that possible, so please do not feel you have let anyone down.

Steve

Page 2 of 3 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >