in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-15-2011 4:11 PM by Harry2008. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2011 10:20 AM

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

BeoConnect and iMac wont connect BS5/BM5 automatic.

I'm a resently new apple/mac user, but I had a pc connected with beoplayer to my BS5/BM5 the past couple of years.

With my iMac, Lion OS and BeoConnect, my BeoConnect icon is grey, meaning no connection, every time I start my Mac out of sleep mode. In 'finder' I have to connect the BM5 via IP adress maping and then I can access my BM5 via finder and the BeoConnect icon changes to black meaning connected.

Is there any way to make it connect automatically so I don't need to do it manually avery time?

I liked the BeoPlayer option with PC even though it was slow I could solve some issues with tagging that I now find more complex with iTunes.

Cheers

Henrik

BS5/BM5, BL3, AVANT 32", BL8000

• 11-11-2011 8:11 PM In reply to

Re: BeoConnect and iMac wont connect BS5/BM5 automatic.

See here, if done, the connection will be rebuild every rime:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/41479.aspx 

• 11-12-2011 6:25 AM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Hey Harry2008

Thats  how I have done it the past couple of month, but I need to do it every time. The connection does never rebuild when I start from sleep mode.

Any good solutions?

• 11-12-2011 6:38 AM In reply to

Do you have a fixed IP address for the BM5 or does your DNS server regularly reassign a newIP?

• 11-12-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

I have a fixed IP address. I log in with "BM-USER" account.

• 11-12-2011 11:44 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Isn't it always a fixed ip address that we assign in the BM5 ?

• 11-12-2011 12:45 PM In reply to

steph:

Isn't it always a fixed ip address that we assign in the BM5 ?

this depends on your settings of your router.

If DNS is set to automatically assign a IP address, the IP address surely can and will change over time.

@HVD

in BeoConnect go to tab Manage Products. What do you see in Product List?

• 11-13-2011 5:06 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

For me (windows XP), if the BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5 is on before BeoPlayer on the PC, it's OK.

But when the computer ignites and launches BeoPlayer, and the BS5/BM5 is still in sleep mode, the window with the BeoPlayer network parameters appears ans i must click on OK to connect it.

Strange ?

• 11-13-2011 10:34 AM In reply to

HVD:

Hey Harry2008

Thats  how I have done it the past couple of month, but I need to do it every time. The connection does never rebuild when I start from sleep mode.

Any good solutions?

What I did in the logon screen is entering the name and putting a mark in the line with the request to store in the keymanager. Even after a reboot, the share will be openend based on the userid/password stored in the OS X keymanager. I just removed all entries and after reentering it stays working.

Regarding the IP adres mentioned above, I have a DHCP issued address with a lease time of 1 day and automatic renewal. Works smoothly. Although probalby not needed by most, the IP adres is automatically entered in the local maintained DNS as well.

• 11-13-2011 3:44 PM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

@ Carolpa

I see my BS5 in the product list.

my IP is always "smb://192.168.1.33".

• 11-13-2011 3:51 PM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Harry2008:

HVD:

Hey Harry2008

Any good solutions?

What I did in the logon screen is entering the name and putting a mark in the line with the request to store in the keymanager. Even after a reboot, the share will be openend based on the userid/password stored in the OS X keymanager. I just removed all entries and after reentering it stays working.

Regarding the IP adres mentioned above, I have a DHCP issued address with a lease time of 1 day and automatic renewal. Works smoothly. Although probalby not needed by most, the IP adres is automatically entered in the local maintained DNS as well.

Hey Harry

I'm not sure what you mean by "I just removed all entries and after reentering it stays working." Is that the answer to my problems and what do you mean with that?

• 11-15-2011 4:11 PM In reply to

HVD:

Hey Harry

I'm not sure what you mean by "I just removed all entries and after reentering it stays working." Is that the answer to my problems and what do you mean with that?

Excuse, should heave expressed myself a bit clearer. What I did I was removing the user credentials for automatic logon and the netwerk connection to the BM5 in Finder. Just to make sure the system did not recognise the connection automatically.

Today I have installed BeoConnect (Version: 1.22.01) on a clean iMac to test things out.

The installation just went fine. The software detected in "manageed products"  the BM5 which I added to the product list. After double clicking on this new entry, I was asked to provde the password. Everything worked thereafter... With one observation. In the finder I have now 2 entries, one named Beomaster5, the other the IP address. Opening "Beomaster5" in the finder worked well, he logged in automatically (user: BM-USER) and showed the shared directory (BM-SHARE$). Full access. 

When logging in via the IP adress, thinks went less smoothly. Again loging worked automatically, user-id is BM-USER, however no shared directory. If I discoonect, no IP addressed mentioned anymore in the finder and Beomaster5 disconnected as well (as expected). Hoewever if I log on again in the BM5, no shared directory anymore and B&O icon greyed as well. (your & mine issue :-). If I disconnect and reconnect via CMD+K (with SMB://), things work fine again but now the shared directory isonly available via the IP address.. Athough using CMD+K is  much of an hassle, creating a connection goes autmatically as I have userid/password stored.... on the other hand it is indeed not satisfactury, hence I just filed a question with B&O. Will keep you posted.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)