in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-20-2011 7:29 AM by michgal. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2011 3:21 PM

• michgal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Eindhoven, Netherlands
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Problem with the Arm of a Beogram 5500 is Solved!

We have a problem with our beogram 5500. When the turntable is turned off, the arm (with the needle cartridge) hangs down, while it originally should be in a horizontal position. When we turn it on and the vinyl starts turning, the arm goes toward the record, goes up first and then down just before reaching the record/vinyl. On that way the needle will go down on the aluminium. In the end that will be fatal for the needle, luckiliy it's happened once.

Does somebody of you maybe know what causes the problem and how it can be solved?

Greets,

Michel

Filed under: , , ,
  • 11-04-2011 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with the Arm of a Beogram 5500

Check if the arm lifter is on the right side of the white bar

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 4:00 PM In reply to

• michgal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Eindhoven, Netherlands
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the quik reply!

Can i access this part by unscrewing the two screws on the back of the turntable?

• 11-04-2011 4:04 PM In reply to

Seen from the front, the 2 screws right hand side on the bottom.

Make sure the tangential arms is moved to the most left position before lifting up the lid. And remove the platter first.

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 4:06 PM In reply to

Ofwel de 2 schroeven aan de onderkant van de platenspeler rechts!

Dus niet aan de achterkant!!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 4:13 PM In reply to

• michgal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Eindhoven, Netherlands
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Hey Leslie, 

I'm not near the turntable, I'm kind of monitoring my brother. But he is not so technical,if i'm near i will try it instead, otherwise it will go the wrong way around.

But thanks already for the help, i will come back to this issue and maybe yoy can help me then.

Groetjes,

Michel

• 11-04-2011 4:23 PM In reply to

• michgal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Eindhoven, Netherlands
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Ah, je bent gewoon Nederlands, dat is wel zo makkelijk!

waar in de buurt woon je? Ik woon zelf in Eindhoven, ben een student van de Design Academy. En mn broer in heerhugowaard, 7km van Alkmaar.

Groetjes Michel

• 11-04-2011 4:40 PM In reply to

Waar de Bossche bollen vandaan komenBig Smile

Chocolate balls with lots of cream in it. Special treat from the place where I liveCake

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 4:48 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

These look right up my street Leslie - giant profiteroles.

Do they travel well?Stick out tongue

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-04-2011 5:19 PM In reply to

You know Chris, I have colleagues from the UK and everytime they come for a visit first thing they ask is "waar zijn de Bossche bollen?" The only Dutch line they're willing to learnBig Smile Will be a pleasure sending you guys of the BW team a box but I'm not sure how long it takes before it gets there. My experience is that shipping can take two weeks and I'm not sure if it still looks like on the pictureIck!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 5:24 PM In reply to

By the way, someone opened a topic about unboxing?

That's a coincidence since I found one to on Youtube Check it out!Wink

These are the genuine Bossche Bollen from my city Den Bosch

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 7:44 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Leslie - that youtube video could seriously contravene the Geneva convention if used as a means of torture. I withdraw my earlier profiterole comparison, it is like comparing a sows ear to a silk purse.

The genuine Bossche Bollen must be on yet another level......... as so many local produce tend to be. I'll swap you a box of these for some GENUINE YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS -  don't be fooled by recipes etc... the best ones are made by generations of guesswork & silliness.

One day maybe.......Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-04-2011 8:03 PM In reply to

Sorry Michel, Chris and me are going off-topic now but if you need any help please drop bySmile

Now Chris, where were we. Oh yes about the Yorkshire pudding. I have spend many times in Ireland for my work and have been eating black pudding at breakfast together with beans and bacon, hmmmmmm, but this looks different. In Holland the word "pudding" is more like a sweet desert. 

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 8:03 PM In reply to

Sorry Michel, Chris and me are going off-topic now but if you need any help please drop bySmile

Now Chris, where were we. Oh yes about the Yorkshire pudding. I have spend many times in Ireland for my work and have been eating black pudding at breakfast together with beans and bacon, hmmmmmm, but this looks different. In Holland the word "pudding" is more like a sweet desert. 

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 8:08 PM In reply to

And what about eating Mars bars baked in batter. Holy crap! But never make any conclusions before you have tried that. Would I?

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 8:28 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Welcome to wonderful world of British cuisine Leslie.

Deep fried Mars bars are a very Scottish "delicacy"  which is possibly one reason behind Scotland (allegedly) being the heart desease capital of Europe. I have tried them & although they aren't nearly as disgusting as they sound I could not eat more than two at the time - they worked strangely well with salt & vinegar which made them less sickly.

Yorkshire puddings are far removed from Black Pudding which is basically highly seasoned pigs blood & bulked out with fat & rice/rusk & boiled in a skin (like a sausage) - very nice when done properly. Yorkshire puddings are a type of flour based batter mixture which is baked in a VERY HOT oven in smoking fat & are an absolute delicacy when done right.

"Pudding" in Britain can mean anything really & doesn't have any real connection with any course be it sweet or savoury, main dish or starter - we're a strange nation.

Michel - I can only agree with Leslie - apologies for going off topic but at present there isn't really anything I can add to the advice already given by Leslie. Keep us informed of your progress I if I can add anything I will.

Chris.

• 11-20-2011 7:29 AM In reply to

• michgal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Eindhoven, Netherlands
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Hey Leslie,

Ik wil je echt bedanken voor de hulp, ik heb hem open gemaakt en zag dat de witte balk niet helemaal naar achter stond. Ik heb de plaat gedraaid en nu zit het zwartje staafje weer goed. Hij doet het weer! Top! Ik wil je echt nog eens hartelijk bedanken! Hopen op nog vele jaren speelplezier.

Hebben we nog een keer een meeting hier in Nederland?

Groetjes Michel

I wanted to thank Leslie for the great work! And all you guys here on the forum! The problem is Solved!

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)