in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-17-2011 4:45 AM by folkdeejay. 73 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2011 7:51 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Re: Unpacking Beolab 5

Locked Contact

Very very angry in my case Super Angry

Jonnie

• 11-02-2011 8:43 AM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Confused [*-)] Re: Unpacking Beolab 5

Locked Contact

EdouardG:

bayerische:

It's normal for them to be angry! LaughingLaughingLaughing

Big Smile

Mine doesnt care... should I worry?

• 11-02-2011 8:45 AM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

soundproof:

1. Take your watch off your wrist and rings off your fingers. You may also want to consider not wearing a belt while getting the speakers in place. You don't want to scratch the large aluminium platter once you begin.

2. Removing the box is easy to do. 

3. The speakers are easy to move. Just do what they do in Struer, or the B&O installer does, roll them along the floor like a beer keg. I've done so many times, even on my wooden floors, without the speakers leaving a mark. Tip them over a bit, and rotate the large aluminium disk with your hands. You don't have to lift the speakers.

4. Fiddle with connections and enjoy.

You see, I didnt think about that, the rings and watch... Thanks 

• 11-02-2011 9:02 AM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

KingOfSnake:

2) Unless bought from a pre-owned reseller or private sale the Dealership should have installed

All in jest anyway.

You are always sneaky, aren't you.

The speakers are brand new from an authorized dealer that happens to be 200 miles from me. 

I don't see why you are even talking about this...

• 11-02-2011 9:20 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

Maab:

KingOfSnake:

2) Unless bought from a pre-owned reseller or private sale the Dealership should have installed

All in jest anyway.

The speakers are brand new from an authorized dealer that happens to be 200 miles from me. 

KOS is right about this, as you bought it new from a B&O dealer, he should have included to come and help you to install it.

I bought my BV10-40 from Paris and I live in Toulouse (800km far from Paris) and the dealer took a flight to come and install it.

I think imo it's the minimum a dealer should do when selling a pair of BL5.

Anyway, I'm happy for you to get these marvellous BL5, they are my dream!

Cheers and good install!

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 11-02-2011 9:38 AM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

EdouardG:

Maab:

KingOfSnake:

All in jest anyway.

KOS is right about this, as you bought it new from a B&O dealer, he should have included to come and help you to install it.

I bought my BV10-40 from Paris and I live in Toulouse (800km far from Paris) and the dealer took a flight to come and install it.

I think imo it's the minimum a dealer should do when selling a pair of BL5.

Anyway, I'm happy for you to get these marvellous BL5, they are my dream!

Cheers and good install!

This is my first B&O product and I have no experience with them. Strange the dealer never mentioned the installing service, except when we spoke about other B&O devices

• 11-02-2011 10:08 AM In reply to

Locked Contact
    I live 180 miles from the nearest dealer. Several years ago I purchased a Beosound 3000. I al ready had speakers connected to an Avant so set up would consist of nothing more than connecting the power cord and a masterlink cable. Dealer wanted to come set it up for me at no cost. Same when I purchased a pair of Beolab 1s. Dealer is now owned by a different owner and they now charge fo all installations, even when I purchased a BV 7-55.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 11-02-2011 3:42 PM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

Never mind...

• 11-02-2011 4:42 PM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

I am surprised that your dealer would not install and set up your lab5's. I use two dealers one in Dublin and one in Nimes and both are great at calling out for even something as simple as  delivering a new bc2.

• 11-02-2011 5:30 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Maab:

Hello again

Could you please tell me: is this an RCA cable for the line connection?

No, that is most likely the end of one of your SPDIF-cables for a digital connection. You use it to daisy-chain your speakers - Source>Cable to Speaker A>Cable from Speaker A to Speaker B. (You set which speaker is supposed to be Left or Right with a little button inside the connection panel).

• 11-02-2011 6:00 PM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

soundproof:

Maab:

Hello again

No, that is most likely the end of one of your SPDIF-cables for a digital connection. You use it to daisy-chain your speakers - Source>Cable to Speaker A>Cable from Speaker A to Speaker B. (You set which speaker is supposed to be Left or Right with a little button inside the connection panel).

Really?! I was about to power on when I read this post. 

Those cables came with the speakers. Why would they give me spdif and not RCA.

Also, surprised to see such a small power cord.  

• 11-02-2011 6:06 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

Maab:

Hello again

Hi Maab,

Don't you have the user manual with the speakers?

There is a picture showing which cables you need and how to connect them to your a/v system.

Could you please show us the cables included in the BL5 kit and what is your A/V system so that we can help you?

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-02-2011 8:02 PM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

EdouardG:

Maab:

Hello again

Hi Maab,

Don't you have the user manual with the speakers?

There is a picture showing which cables you need and how to connect them to your a/v system.

Could you please show us the cables included in the BL5 kit and what is your A/V system so that we can help you?

Cheers,

Edouard, 

I do have the manual, but it doesnt go into specifics on how the cable looks like.

here is a photo of the cables that came with each speaker. 

Beside these, not pictured there is a skimpy short power cord.

Thank you

• 11-02-2011 8:03 PM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

Separately, I also purchased the sync cord:

• 11-03-2011 1:00 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

OK why is this 'sneaky'?  Did you mean 'sneaky?'  

Since most-informed users of this forum agree that if you are buying 18000 euro speakers - way above the price (4000 Euros overpriced at least) they are available for elsewhere brand new or otherwise - then the supplying Dealer should have installed and if not, been supportive with the setup and configuration of Beolab 5.

Even should no other user have agreed with me, I would still argue this point.  I am quite happy to try and make amends with any advice you need on setting your speakers up, especially if using pre-outs with a third party amp (which would be the only reason you have a sync cable is my understanding).

Just because I found it amusing you were seeking advice about opening a Beolab 5 box doesn't warrant the comments you are making.

EdouardG asked the correct questions and you have ignored those to date - without knowing what you are connecting Lab 5's to - and it seems without RCA cables (if the sync cable has been supplied for purpose) - then you will get nowhere.  Personally I am highly suspicious of a pair of speakers supplied as they are, seemingly without manuals, with this configuration of cables.  Is there a serial number under either large rim?  If new, it should start at the very least with a 225xxxxx in my view.  

• 11-03-2011 10:07 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Setup and cable info is available in the manual. I agree it's not perhaps the clearest of explanations to someone new to b&o.

What are you connecting the speakers to?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-03-2011 12:22 PM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

Beyerische,

Thanks for the reply.

I sorted out the cable thing by calling customer service, and they confirmed that the cable in question is digital spdif as soundproof stated previousily.

After a bit of struggle I got the speakers working. I now understand better B&O philosophy. It's not plug'n'play, but once done properly its working.

However, If I knew, I would have certainly called the installers.

Some day in the future I will probably open a new thread with questions regarding the BL5, for now it's fine the way it is.

By the way, on the manuals I have there is no word on the specifics of the cables included. They could have been either RCA or Spdif for my knowledge.

• 11-03-2011 1:49 PM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

KingOfSnake:

make your own conclusions on that, please.

KingOfSnake:
    Since most-informed users of this forum agree that if you are buying 18000 euro speakers - way above the price (4000 Euros overpriced at least) they are available for elsewhere brand new or otherwise - then the supplying Dealer should have installed and if not, been supportive with the setup and configuration of Beolab 5.

You make up things. I never said how much I paid and I dont see the point of talking about money. By the way, I paid in u$ currency.

KingOfSnake:

Even should no other user have agreed with me, I would still argue this point.  I am quite happy to try and make amends with any advice you need on setting your speakers up, especially if using pre-outs with a third party amp (which would be the only reason you have a sync cable is my understanding).

Just because I found it amusing you were seeking advice about opening a Beolab 5 box doesn't warrant the comments you are making.

Which comment are you alluding to? You jumped into the thread with quite an arrogant attitude making useless comment, what do you expect?

You still missing/distorting my original question, please re-read if you care.

KingOfSnake:
    EdouardG asked the correct questions and you have ignored those to date - without knowing what you are connecting Lab 5's to - and it seems without RCA cables (if the sync cable has been supplied for purpose) - then you will get nowhere.  Personally I am highly suspicious of a pair of speakers supplied as they are, seemingly without manuals, with this configuration of cables.  Is there a serial number under either large rim?  If new, it should start at the very least with a 225xxxxx in my view.

I just wanted to know whether the cable in question is RCA or digital. I didnt ask 'how to connect it'. I see where you come from, you like to pick on people based on your immense ego. Please, next time if you have nothing useful to say or nothing to do, and you dont like what you read on certain posts, just let it be, because if you intervene the way you just did you'll add lots of useless garbage to the forum.

Please dont be suspicious, they are legit as far I see. Why are you saing that anyway! I never said the manual wasnt included, actually there was one with each speaker, plus the warranty book and something else. 

Edouard actually is being very nice and he was helpful.

Thank you.

• 11-03-2011 2:38 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

Maab:

Beyerische,

Thanks for the reply.

I sorted out the cable thing by calling customer service, and they confirmed that the cable in question is digital spdif as soundproof stated previousily.

After a bit of struggle I got the speakers working. I now understand better B&O philosophy. It's not plug'n'play, but once done properly its working.

However, If I knew, I would have certainly called the installers.

Some day in the future I will probably open a new thread with questions regarding the BL5, for now it's fine the way it is.

By the way, on the manuals I have there is no word on the specifics of the cables included. They could have been either RCA or Spdif for my knowledge.

Happy for you to see you finally managed to make your wonderful BL5 work properly!

Did you feel thrilled when you calibrated them for the first time?

About B&O being plug-n-play, in fact it's usually simple to make B&O speakers work immediatly, you just have to put a powerlink from each of them connected to the A/V system and plug the speakers to the power supply, that's all.

In your case, your speakers are BL5 connected to non B&O A/V system, so it needs more installation skills to know which cable to use and where to put them...that's why it's recommanded to ask for a B&O technician to help you.

Anyway, it seems you made your system work fine, so that's the most important!

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more infos about your BL5, we're here to help ;)

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-03-2011 6:59 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

I don't think it's necessary to heckle people on this forum.. If I was new to B&O and had spent that much, I'd want to ask some pretty specific questions too. I'm very surprised the dealer wasn't more forthcoming with help.

Maab; enjoy the Beolab 5s, I'm very envious!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-03-2011 6:59 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Maab:

KingOfSnake:

make your own conclusions on that, please.

KingOfSnake:

You make up things. I never said how much I paid and I dont see the point of talking about money. By the way, I paid in u$ currency.

KingOfSnake:

Which comment are you alluding to? You jumped into the thread with quite an arrogant attitude making useless comment, what do you expect?

You still missing/distorting my original question, please re-read if you care.

KingOfSnake:

I just wanted to know whether the cable in question is RCA or digital. I didnt ask 'how to connect it'. I see where you come from, you like to pick on people based on your immense ego. Please, next time if you have nothing useful to say or nothing to do, and you dont like what you read on certain posts, just let it be, because if you intervene the way you just did you'll add lots of useless garbage to the forum.

Please dont be suspicious, they are legit as far I see. Why are you saing that anyway! I never said the manual wasnt included, actually there was one with each speaker, plus the warranty book and something else. 

Edouard actually is being very nice and he was helpful.

Thank you.

KOS already apologised in a previous post didn't he? I hated when topics become nasty and it's very unpleasent to read.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-03-2011 7:02 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

although, KOS (after apologising in a roundabout way) then questioned the authenticity of the purchase!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-03-2011 7:03 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Forgot, when can we see it unpacked? Or shall I do itSmile

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 2:21 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Found one unboxedBig Smile 8200 Eurones

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-04-2011 4:29 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Locked Contact

KingOfSnake:

It must be wonderful to be as perfect as you Ian.....

What someone pays for something is entirely their own business & doesn't warrant being ridiculed by anyone - especially on this forum which prides itself on the (mostly) friendliness of its membership. I seem to remember it was your attitude which resulted in you being banned a while back under one of your many Beoworld incarnations. Your user name suits you & your attitude perfectly BTW.

If you cannot say anything positive then I suggest you say nothing at all instead of trying to mar what should be an exciting purchase for an obviously excited customer.

To the OP (Maab) I would strongly suggest ignoring anything Ian G.... - sorry - King of Snake has to say as he is simply bitter towards Beoworld & and takes pleasure in creating ill feeling amongst the membership, so simply enjoy your purchase in the knowledge that 99.9% of Beoworld are genuinely happy for you.

To KoS - Lee (Beoworlds owner) is far too polite to publicly say what I have but I simply don't care for people of your ilk. Personally I would welcome the (extant) ban you received being implemented once again but I'm sure it would be easier let you dig your own grave & simply leave you to continue posting small minded remarks & hope that the rest of the members simply tire of you & your negative attitude.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 2 of 3 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >