in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-13-2012 3:22 AM by BeoIce. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2012 3:58 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Re: DIY Beomedia 1

Yesterday I aquired an affordable harddisk drive for my beomedia project. Hope it will arrive this week so I can continue testing.

Yesterday I also tried Beoport on my notebook. It's an Intel Atom powered one, but Beoport software was so damn slow and powering up the notebook from energy saving mode with beoport connected was not possible, it was no fun to play around with.

Will see how things go when I connect the beoport to the new mini pc. Hope the wake-up problem is driver related to the notebook. It would be nice if pressing n.music or n.radio on the Beo4 will wake up the pc through USB on the beoport.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 02-13-2012 3:22 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Re: DIY Beomedia 1

Here's a little update on my project:

If BS9000 and Beoport are in the same room option programming is option 0 for the beoport and BS9000 can be left to factory setting. All audio commands will be send through masterlink.

Tested the standby issue on the mini PC and it's the same as with the notebook. Standby does not work when Beoport is connected.

The overall performance of the new mini PC is very good, but the problem is that it can not run without a cooling fan and the fan is always audible. This doesn't make sense when you can't put the PC into standby when not in use.

On saturday another option came to my mind. On ebay kleinanzeigen I found a fully functional VIA EPIA MII mainboard - the same as build in a Beomedia - but with the 600MHz CPU and 1GB RAM included for 40€. I couldn't resist this offer.

The main advantage of this is that it can run fanless. As I want to use the DIY Beomedia only for for N.RADIO and N.MUSIC the CPU should be fast enough for doing that. You won't scroll through N.RADIO or N.MUSIC or won't add hundreds of new songs to your library everyday and I don't need it for photos or movies. The PS3 can do this much better. I won't use the internet browser too, as I have a netbook and an ipad.

Another advantage of this mainboard should be, that I can use an original Beomedia image. So no messing around with driver problems and registering Beomedia software.

I will keep you up-to-date on the project.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2