in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2011 7:18 PM by Vienna. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2011 9:51 PM

Displayed pictrure seems to fall off screen...

I have always wondered about this, but was very evident this evening when I happen to stop and watch some game shown where they showed us the viewers the question and four possible answers for the contestant to choose at the bottom of the screen.  Yet on my screen the last two answers were not present, hence the display falls off the screen.

Is there a way for me to adjust this myself?  So the picture being broadcast fits completely on the screen and nothing is being lost off the edges of the screen.

I have a BV4 - 50 US MK II and a BeoSystem 1.

Appreciate the help, thanks...

Hiller

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 10-25-2011 1:30 PM In reply to

Re: Displayed pictrure seems to fall off screen...

Have you tried the soft command FORMAT+n on your Beo4 ?

My BV8 supports 3 formats for its screen and a good clue that we have it in the wrong format is what you are seeing

I can spot it immediately ... and go [FORMAT] [3] almost immediately I get home

Whereas my wife has been happily listening to the TV without noticing

She tends to use the TV as if it was a radio Laughing Laughing Laughing 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-25-2011 2:07 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, I thought about that and have tried it, but no matter what combination I have tried my screen just displays Format 3 on the display. Not sure if I am missing something...

What are the available options for the Format command?  I assume just Format+n as you mentioned where n=1, 2, 3... depending on the available options the system or display supports.

Any one know what options the BV4 -50 MKII and BeoSystem 1 does support in regards to available formats?

So if the soft command FORMAT+n on my Beo4 isn't work where do that leave me?  Any other options or will have to have a BeoTech come out in order to resolve the issue.

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 10-27-2011 6:51 AM In reply to

My BV8 seems only to have [FORMAT] +1 +2 and +3

Perhaps your source is "forcing" a fixed HxW ratio ?

I think the SCART cable from my set top box does not relay the preferred reatio for the program being broadcast which is why I always have to reset it

Not sure why yours appears to be hardwaire regardless of your attempt to change

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-27-2011 7:18 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Since the US Version is quite different to the EU / AUS version, the best way is to read the
    US user manual.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/File/ug/BeoSystem_1_US/BeoSystem_1_US_English.pdf

On page 39 the format adjustments are described - please notice: you can also move the picture
    "up" and "down" ...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)