in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-22-2011 7:57 PM by elephant. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2011 6:12 PM

• Nio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • Posts 61
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 5 + Master or just Encore?

I wanna buy two BeoLab 8002 and something Beo.... for my 30 birthday today ...

should I get a BeoSound 5 + BeoMaster 5 or the newer and cheaper BeoSound 5 Encore? Or something else?

Please tell me. .-)

• 10-19-2011 7:55 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoSound 5 + Master or just Encore?

This largely depends on your existing B&O components and ideas for the future.

BeoSound 5 Encore is (at least at the moment) a "stand alone music system" requiring an external storage.

BeoSound & BeoMaster 5 offer full MasterLink integration (eg. distribute music to other link rooms or to a
    TV with/without speakers connected) and offers 1TB of internal HD space.

PS: Happy birthday to you ... 

• 10-20-2011 1:38 AM In reply to

• Nio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • Posts 61
    • Bronze Member

I wanna buy a BeoVision in about 1-2 years. I dont have any other B&O stuff now, will be my first one.

• 10-20-2011 7:16 AM In reply to

While costing more, a BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5 certainly allows more future expansion. For me, my BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5 has become an integral part of my home. In the morning, the music follows me into the kitchen to make espresso, into the shower via link speakers in the bathroom, and into the bedroom via the B&O tv as I dress in the morning. To me, this is how the MOTS functionality really shines: the BeoSound generates a background soundtrack in the home.

• 10-21-2011 8:08 AM In reply to

+1 Yes -  thumbs up

Completly right, I'll tell another important point : I'm using a NAS to save all of the music coming from the Beomaster 5 (and photos, doc, ..). This is very important, if you're using only a NAS or your PC or a MAC to save your music, you will be scared by a crash or a robber. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV7-40, BL9, BL4000, BL2000, BV6-26, Beosound 5, Avant70

• 10-22-2011 12:45 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

If you are listening to live recordings or eg. opera (when gapless/un-interrupted playback is mandatory)
    different behaviour of BeoSound/BeoMaster 5 and BeoSound 5 Encore when changing to the next track 
    might be very important to you:

While BeoSound & BeoMaster 5 can play (only music in WMA lossless format) gapless/un-interrupted
    a BeoSound 5 Encore is NOT able to play gapless at all - neither from a directly connected USB-HD
    nor from an external music server/storage.

• 10-22-2011 7:57 PM In reply to

Nio:

I wanna buy two BeoLab 8002 and something Beo.... for my 30 birthday today ...

should I get a BeoSound 5 + BeoMaster 5 or the newer and cheaper BeoSound 5 Encore? Or something else?

Please tell me. .-)

Invest in speakers that will last you to your 40th ... 50th ... and maybe 60th birhdays

As a source for the speakers you have a challenge because of the restructuring of the product lines (as indicated above by the current differences between two flavours of the BeoSound 5).

So given this challenge, and that you want to integrate with an up-to-date BeoVision in 2 years time, why not think outside the box ?

Here are two thoughts / ideas:

1. Buy a recent era BeoSound from eBay - you will save money and it will support your Beolab 8002s; when you want to buy into the new era of B&O you can resell the eBay device back to eBay 
    2. Buy a BeoPort (even better off eBay!) and use your PC as an interim source 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)