in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-10-2011 7:01 PM by Bertoli. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2011 6:21 PM

• Bertoli
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 02-01-2011
    • Shaftesbury, Dorset
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

CD50 Tray Keeps Opening and Closing

We have a CD50 that has been working perfectly, but now the tray keeps opening and closing and the cd won't play.  It only does it with a cd in place even though the RC says No disc.

Is it a case of opening it up and giving it a clean or is it symptomatic of something more serious?

I hope someone can advise me please.

Ruth.

• 10-07-2011 8:05 PM In reply to

Re: CD50 Tray Keeps Opening and Closing

It could need a good cleaning the lens can become dirty and there are two LED disc sensors as well. Mechanical;ly there is a contact switch in the loading mechanism mid point of the tray that can start to lose contact and cause the loading problen as well.

Start with a good cleaning of the lense, led sensors and contacts. The lower contact on the left is the one that could be creating a mechanical fault.

• 10-10-2011 7:01 PM In reply to

• Bertoli
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 02-01-2011
    • Shaftesbury, Dorset
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Re: CD50 Tray Keeps Opening and Closing

Thank you so much for the advice Eugene, I was terrified of damaging the system as I've never delved into the guts of anything before, but with the service manual to show how to remove the cover and your advice, I gave it a good clean and thankfully the drawer is now performing properly again.

This system belongs to my mum, and so far I've only ever had to refoam the cx100's - courtesy of this fantastic forum of course!  You can imagine how mortified I was after I 'borrowed' her speakers to try out with the cdx I'd just acquired, to find her cd player not working.  Thankfully her and Andre Rieu are now happily reunited!

Ruth.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)