in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-03-2011 2:52 PM by Spiros. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2011 11:17 AM

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

EXCESSIVE POSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here is the story: I bid on 10 manuals from a Greek eBay seller and these ended up on total of 24 euros. The seller asked for 85 euros shipping charges between Athens and Thessaloniki GREECE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Normally and with the most expensive method would not cost more than 10-15 euros max! Best part of all is that the seller said that he is asking for these money because the items were not as BUY IT NOW but open to bids!!!!!!!! Crazy???!?!!?!?! I say completely. If he wanted more for his manuals he should have put on BUY IT NOW. I already got 10 non paying warnings and regardless of the fact that the SELLER agreed to cancel the sale in case I did not agree to pay for the shipping cost!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-26-2011 2:14 PM In reply to

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

Re: EXCESSIVE POSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would pick them up for you if I would be in Athens, Spiros:)

Marcel

• 09-26-2011 2:21 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I proposed this as well since I have offices in Athens too and being there every week it would be very easy.

However he denied and said that he wants to ship them at the mentioned cost.

Reason is that I did not buy them on a high price therefore he clearly stated that he wants this money to cover the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-26-2011 3:08 PM In reply to

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

you know as good as me that you can't do anything else than either:

- pay that sum, if you really, really want that manuals (maybe it' a bunch of Beolit 39 manuals??)

- leave feedback and forget the whole story

Marcel

• 09-26-2011 4:02 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I'd like to have the manuals but will not allow anyone in the world to put their hands in my pocket.

Of course some necessary steps have been taken through eBay.

And feedback will be for sure left with all remarks.

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-26-2011 5:07 PM In reply to

Spiros:
    Reason is that I did not buy them on a high price therefore he clearly stated that he wants this money to cover the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since when are sellers allowed to make profits on shipping costs? Ridiculous!

Spiros, did you check'd this on Ebay regarding shipping policies?

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-26-2011 7:49 PM In reply to

Well -You can't blame your fellow countrymen that they are trying to make money, these days WinkWhistle

• 09-26-2011 8:32 PM In reply to

You could always pay by Paypal then file a dispute for excess charges... You could provide evidence as the shipping costs will be printed on the parcel

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 09-27-2011 1:10 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi Jonathan,

Have already Reported this on eBay and had two x 30 mins discussion over the phone with eBay customer support and protection Dpt.

They said that I should not pay and they will tKe care of the rest as they cannot accept this kind of behavior from sellers.

So it remain to be seen what will happen this week!

Will keep forum informed!

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-27-2011 4:55 PM In reply to

It is against ebay to have excess shipping charges to avoid final value fee, which is what this person is doing. 

Really as a buyer what do you have to worry about?  He/she can't leave you negative feedback.  You can leave them negative feedback.  Buying on ebay is about a safe as you can want.

• 09-27-2011 5:05 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

First of all it is the bad taste left behind. Concerning the manuals, I just wanted them.

Concerning feedback it's not really my style to leave negative feedback (although in this case I will).

However keep In mind that these were 10 separate listings, therefore 10 eBay non paying warnings which can really block your account. But in my case this is no issue as I already had a phone discussion with the customer support and they will take care of it just in case.

As I also sell some B&O my self (but privately as it is not for business) I always try to support a s much as possible, usually ending up in paying more shipping cost than actually asked for!! And because I act this way I was hoping for the same as a buyer. Just this!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-27-2011 6:51 PM In reply to

Were these manuals not available here on Beoworld?

• 09-28-2011 2:37 AM In reply to

On the US bay there is a lot of high shipping costs, in April I bought a BM 4000 located in Washington state, I paid USD 12.00 for shipping to McAllen Texas 3,500 Km, but checking shipping prices on items like that, I offen see 40-50 USD and I back of. The sellers post the most expensive shipping price they can find, and then ships the cheapest way they find, on the other hand packing a BM secure, double boxed does give an additional cost, but as far as I know the bay has no regulation for this, except for, its sellers responsability that the goods arrive without damage.

But for dokuments arriving in a an envelope I dont see how Spiros can go wrong with his claim.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 09-28-2011 3:28 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Dear Soren, Many thanks for your kind words. Concerning the question arose for the download of the manuals, I guess it is a matter of collection to have these in original form instead of printouts!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-28-2011 2:19 PM In reply to

I have done tens of thousands of dollars selling ebay items, including a *LOT* of B&O, and $40-50 USD charge for shipping on a BM 4000 would be very reasonable from Washington to Texas.  I also live in Washington state.  It's probably more than what they spent but not much. 

• 09-29-2011 1:08 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Still a BM4400 has a quite large packaging and is heavy as well. Now he opened unpaid item cases x 10!!!!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-03-2011 2:46 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

It could be much WORSE Spiros....

Check out the postage cost to Greece.Surprise

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-03-2011 2:52 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Ohhhhhhhhhh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)