in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-26-2011 12:11 AM by Spiros. 40 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-25-2011 3:10 PM In reply to

Re: What´s next?

Will there be a MCL converter for Beonet?

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 09-25-2011 3:17 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

@ Karel and Koning.

reading a bit of the Beonet installation manual (sourced from the net) and the little technical knowledge I think that even if there will be one, most probably it will have limited use.

But maybe I'm wrong on this !! At least I hope I am!!!!!!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-25-2011 4:15 PM In reply to

Spiros:
    @ Karel and Koning.

reading a bit of the Beonet installation manual (sourced from the net) and the little technical knowledge I think that even if there will be one, most probably it will have limited use.

But maybe I'm wrong on this !! At least I hope I am!!!!!!!!!

Yes and no. You won't lose much functionality from an ML standpoint, but it certainly won't be able to retro-fit older products with some of the advantages of BeoNet. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-25-2011 4:20 PM In reply to

What about the beomaster 5,will there soon be a (beonet) version?

• 09-25-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Yes and no. You won't lose much functionality from an ML standpoint, but it certainly won't be able to retro-fit older products with some of the advantages of BeoNet. 

It's normal that I won't have access to all the Beonet advantages; but I just hope that I don't have to rewire the ML in my 1.2year old appartement...

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-25-2011 4:25 PM In reply to

Could you post a link to beonet?

I think the one available on the net is for the analog beonet (masterlink and beolink through Ethernet), but if I am wrong, I'd love to see this installation guide.
  • 09-25-2011 4:37 PM In reply to

koning:

Yes, it was launched the same day as the original BeoSound 5. In fact, it is the original BeoSound 5. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-25-2011 4:37 PM In reply to

Karel Uyttendaele:

TripEnglish:

It's normal that I won't have access to all the Beonet advantages; but I just hope that I don't have to rewire the ML in my 1.2year old appartement...

I don't think you'll have to worry about wiring. At all. 

• 09-25-2011 4:42 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Phil it's on the way to you!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-25-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

@ Karel and Trip

Really I do hope for the same!!!! Wish there would be a decent solution.

Too many meters over the house to change it!!!! Plus the whole installation is in 4 floors and cost for rewiring would be way too much!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-25-2011 5:37 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

moxxey:

Again, learn from Apple.

I heard a passenger at a bus between Struer and Skive "forgot" a BV4-60! Whistle

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 09-25-2011 5:55 PM In reply to

Spiros:
    @ Karel and Trip

Really I do hope for the same!!!! Wish there would be a decent solution.

Too many meters over the house to change it!!!! Plus the whole installation is in 4 floors and cost for rewiring would be way too much!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you remain surprised. There are too many exclaimation points already invested in this post to change to another emotion.

• 09-25-2011 6:19 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

koning:

Actually, it's already a beonet version!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 09-25-2011 7:05 PM In reply to

I've just come back from the semi-annual vision conference, where Dr. James Sheedy, head of Pacific University's Vision Performane Institute, told me of a meeting with Hollywood types, including Disney, Cameron, Pixar, etc. They wanted to know more about his studies researching ideal 3D simulations, and why some people have so much difficulty with 3D as it stands now.

The jury, and the understanding of 3D, he said, is still out. Passive (circular polarizer) looks like it will win out, but the Sony/LG match up appears remarkably similar to the old VHS/BetaMax war of a few decades ago.

The best and most pleasing 3D effects come not from camera (or digital simulations) lenses spaced 63mm apart ( the average intraocular spacing), but rather 12mm (achieved with beam splitters).

I suggest not getting one's jollies up so fast about 3D, especially in its current, non-standardized form.

B
  • 09-25-2011 11:43 PM In reply to

Alex:

koning:

Actually, it's already a beonet version!

ThxYes -  thumbs up

• 09-26-2011 12:11 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Dear Trip

I hate bad surprises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Best regards

Spiros

Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2