in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-24-2011 1:56 AM by beocool. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2011 11:44 AM

Problem with Beosound Century glass door

I've become the owner of a Beosound Century recently. Smile I have a slight problem with the doors, though. When the door closes, it immediately opens agains, stays open for a while, closes, opens again and so on. Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Beocool.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-23-2011 3:17 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with Beosound Century glass door

Take the complete mechanism for the door apart and clean the white wheel. The wheel is white with black parts on it. When the door opens a lightsensor sees the black part on the wheel and knows when to stop according to this black piece on the wheel. When the wheel gets dirty after several years the lightsensor can't see the difference anymore between the white and black part on the wheel. And when you are in there, also replace the belt. 

• 09-23-2011 3:25 PM In reply to

Thanks, Blackrix. Do you know if it is still possible to order the belt at a Bang & Olufsen dealer?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-23-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

Als je de maat weet en niet de hoofdprijs wilt betalen probeer dan deze site eens!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-23-2011 4:40 PM In reply to

Hmm, this is getting a Dutch topic...... Wink I think the price for this belt is not that high at the dealer, and you are sure that you get the right size. Since the mechanism is a pain in the *** to take apart, I would use the original part. In that case you are sure that it has a perfect fit.

@ Leslie, thanks for the link Yes -  thumbs up! They can supply the belt for BeoGram 1000, 1200 etc. I did not know there was a supplier that could supply this!

En natuurlijk met de allervriendelijkste groeten!!Big Smile

• 09-23-2011 5:44 PM In reply to

Blackrix:

@ Leslie, thanks for the link Yes -  thumbs up! They can supply the belt for BeoGram 1000, 1200 etc. I did not know there was a supplier that could supply this!

Not sure if Dillen can supply these type of belts. If so you definetely will have the right size and support speaking from my own experience.

Problem is that in most cases you not sure which size the original belt was. I ordered one some time ago and was estimating the size.

So the belt was to tightSuper Angry

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-24-2011 1:55 AM In reply to

Blackrix:
    En natuurlijk met de allervriendelijkste groeten!!Big Smile

Dank je wel! Yes -  thumbs up

• 09-24-2011 1:56 AM In reply to

Leslie:
    Not sure if Dillen can supply these type of belts. If so you definetely will have the right size and support speaking from my own experience.

Yes, good idea to ask him! Thanks, Leslie. Yes -  thumbs up

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)