in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-17-2011 3:07 PM by vlohjr1. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-16-2011 12:51 PM

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Sony S Tablet

Does anyone know if Sony's tablet can handle B&O's IR frequency when in "Universal Remote" mode?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-16-2011 1:06 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: Sony S Tablet

Who caresBig Smile You should be able to hold and operate a remote with one hand.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 09-16-2011 1:14 PM In reply to

Stonk:

Who caresBig Smile You should be able to hold and operate a remote with one hand.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-16-2011 3:01 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I still like the MCP concept. In these days of DLNA, Netradio, streaming music & films etc. it would be nice to control everything simply and graphically from one device. Being able to drag and drop music or video onto the device you wish to listen to or watch makes things as simple as can be, similarly searching or navigating content libraries to "drop" onto the hardware. The Sony obviously has wifi but also built in infrared and could do a decent job if the app was good enough. Of course a B&O version would be nice but there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon.

Controlling all of the above from a Beo4, 5 or 6 is a bit like trying to play a piano through a letterbox.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-16-2011 8:32 PM In reply to

I have wondered the same thing about the Sony. The dual screen folding tablet looks very interesting.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 09-17-2011 2:43 AM In reply to

Puncher:

I still like the MCP concept. In these days of DLNA, Netradio, streaming music & films etc. it would be nice to control everything simply and graphically from one device. Being able to drag and drop music or video onto the device you wish to listen to or watch makes things as simple as can be, similarly searching or navigating content libraries to "drop" onto the hardware. The Sony obviously has wifi but also built in infrared and could do a decent job if the app was good enough. Of course a B&O version would be nice but there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon.

Controlling all of the above from a Beo4, 5 or 6 is a bit like trying to play a piano through a letterbox.

I see your point. Wink

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-17-2011 8:57 AM In reply to

Both of Sony's new tablets look interesting.  It was officially released here in the US yesterday and is already available to order.  I will bet the remote software is not B&O compatible but who knows.  However Beolink for Android can be installed. 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 09-17-2011 3:07 PM In reply to

Had a play with it at John Lewis today

Tacky finish unresponsive touchscreen unfortunately :(

Regards

Vince
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)