in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 6:54 PM by Nio. 119 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2011 12:32 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

Re: what about the deale conference????

Roger how deep or slim are the new BeoVision´s? How wide and deep are BeoLab 12? Do both sizes come with ALT? Any pricetag?

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 10-10-2011 12:51 PM In reply to

Deep 7 Centimeters

• 10-10-2011 2:20 PM In reply to

Roger:

No, well, the iPad dock looks like the popular cover for the iPad 1 - which you can shape to look like this gadget: It has a triangular shape, so it will sit in your lap with a comfortable angle or you can leave it standing on a table. The iPad slides in. Must admit that not too much attention was given to this product, so please feel free to add and correct - my understanding was that the price would be around 4.000 DKK. Forgot to check the launch date, but I belive the portable "AIR" speaker was coming in November/December.

Roger

thanks Roger, i presume the dock does not come with speakers and that you have to buy speakers separately? does it do wireless?

thanks again

Vince

• 10-10-2011 3:56 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

Thank´s koning! Is´t BeoVision 11?

• 10-10-2011 4:16 PM In reply to

Beofan2:

Thank´s koning! Is´t BeoVision 11?

No, it's the Beolab 12

• 10-10-2011 4:22 PM In reply to

Will any of the new products be announced with the 1st quarter result this week?

There is something about B&O.....

• 10-10-2011 5:46 PM In reply to

If I remember rightly when I attended the dealer conference a few weeks ago there was this piece of paper I had to sign? I love how the rumours start and get exaggerated into all different kinds of things and new product concepts, B&O take note!!! The next few months/years will prove that as a company Tue is steering us in the right direction and you will all be amazed and pleased at what we saw. Note to myself, In future I will not bother to go on a dealer conference as Trip spilt the beans some time ago, excuse the pun!!!
  • 10-10-2011 7:02 PM In reply to

Perhaps for those that cannot attend these dealer conferences, you either talk about them completely or not at all...

It's very annoying reading these threads full of either speculation or little hints. Super Angry

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-11-2011 4:53 AM In reply to

Jonathan:
    It's very annoying reading these threads full of either speculation or little hints. Super Angry

It's enlightening to go and read similar threads from a few years back. Some of the advance "information" gives you a good laugh in retrospect Smile

-mika

• 10-11-2011 9:30 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

@Roger:

Could you provide some more details for:

- the 2 new wall mounted speakers (link speakers)?
    - the beonet aluminium control switch/device?
    - airplay speaker?

When do they see the light (and we the photos)? :-)

• 10-11-2011 5:21 PM In reply to

I must confess to having a feeling of disquiet about too much information about new products being spilled. New product launches are a very important part of any company's armoury and are best done when only rumour exists. I think Apple are the real masters here - loads of usually inaccurate ramblings! I know we all are interested in what is coming - I am too - but have signed a non disclosure agreement to me is sacrosanct and I could never discuss any product so embargoed without permission from the other party.

I do however encourage a healthy debate about what might be - it is always interesting about what later turns out to be true and what has been wild supposition. I have however done no editing of posts - I think B&O do need to guard their information rather better.

• 10-11-2011 6:40 PM In reply to

Peter :

I must confess to having a feeling of disquiet about too much information about new products being spilled. New product launches are a very important part of any company's armoury and are best done when only rumour exists. I think Apple are the real masters here - loads of usually inaccurate ramblings! I know we all are interested in what is coming - I am too - but have signed a non disclosure agreement to me is sacrosanct and I could never discuss any product so embargoed without permission from the other party.

I do however encourage a healthy debate about what might be - it is always interesting about what later turns out to be true and what has been wild supposition. I have however done no editing of posts - I think B&O do need to guard their information rather better.

I agree wholeheartedly! I absolutely don't mind the speculation and banter that comes from that, it's more the dealers and employees dangling their carrots and 'letting slip' minor details of new products coming. Is this their display of 'power'???

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-11-2011 7:46 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Jonathan:

Peter :

I agree wholeheartedly! I absolutely don't mind the speculation and banter that comes from that, it's more the dealers and employees dangling their carrots and 'letting slip' minor details of new products coming. Is this their display of 'power'???

Unfortunately we now live in the world where the Internet makes keeping secrets almost impossible. Just check out MacRumors.com to see what Apple may have coming out. Apple fought these sites but they are stronger than ever now. Today manufactures see these sites as gorilla marketing opportunities. An opportunity to be taken advantage of or lost. We have transferred to a time where people use the internet to make future choices more than other forms of media. Peter as a Doctor I'm sure you have seen patients that come to you with a list of their symptoms diagnosed from sites on the internet and basically just want you to give a second opinion on those diagnoses? I am in no way suggesting that you or anyone else should ignore a Non-disclosure agreement they have signed. However some information leaks are just part of a plan.

• 10-12-2011 3:19 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

I agree with expoman. I do belive that companies like Apple have a very different strategy compared to B&O, where Apple knows how to play the marketing game and basically sell on expectations.

There are two main reasons why I defend the freedom to pass on information: 1) Few things are as frustrating as buying a product only to learn that a new version or a new alternative product becomes available a few weeks later. 2) I do think that B&O benefit from feedback from fan sites like this.

But rumours used to be a safer bet a few years back, when products took years from the idea-stage to the showroom. Today, a product like the BeoVision 12-65 is barely past the cardboard stage yet it is set to be released early next spring - resulting in product development taking place until the last minute before production starts. B&O are now cutting corners (/time) at a pace I never thought would be possible for such a company.

Roger

• 10-12-2011 4:19 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

The controlled release of product hints and teasers to build excitment among the fan base and ensure a good initial sell out is a good idea - but only if you are absolutely certain about the actual release date! Sadly B&O have not done well at meeting release dates in recent times.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 10-12-2011 5:20 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

The AV media is moving at such a pace that B&O a stallwart of producing solid products that mature well and stand the test of time, is itself being tested. Soon our tv's or projectors will be an OLED application laminated to your wall. Paper thin and flexible with massive contrast ratio's, it's only a matter of time. 7 years ago the Avant was a foot deep, and now just a short time later the 10 is 2 cm's!

I have a 7-40 which in reality will never really needs it's stand or 7.4 replacing. The panel on the other hand will. If B&O produced a mudular system that could be readily and affordably be updated, i would make the investement. I am aware of panel trade in's being done but have no experience or knowledge of that, what would it cost to go from a mk3 to a mk5? 

In the mean time with Christmas approaching, and the Beosound 9 and Beovision 8 both going..........

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 10-20-2011 3:08 AM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Roger,

one guy from the Netherlands was told by his dealer, the new BV will contain for sure a DSS. Do you have any information the new catalogue arriving Nov. will already include the BV11 and give latest information?

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 10-20-2011 7:42 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

hotknife:

one guy from the Netherlands was told by his dealer, the new BV will contain for sure a DSS.

If BV xx denotes a 60+" TV - quite sure, if BV xx names a new small entry model - not so shure. 

hotknife:

Do you have any information the new catalogue arriving Nov. will already
    include the BV11 and give latest information?

Received the new "Hauptkatalog 2011/12" on a special event last week -
    on the cover a nice picture of a 4-85 and NO new products unveiled inside ...

• 10-20-2011 2:45 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

I only remember one time in the past a new product was in the main catalogue months before launch. It was BeoLab 1! Don´t expect new products in the catalogue. It rarely happens!!

• 11-01-2011 6:54 PM In reply to

• Nio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • Posts 61
    • Bronze Member

so any news?

Page 5 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5