in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 6:54 PM by Nio. 119 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2011 9:35 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Re: what about the deale conference????

Thanks Roger,

Very interesting. I'm adding my question about the "circular music selector" :

- As I understand, it's a Beonet product, so what "master" can be used : Beosound 5 only, or Beosound 5 Encore works as a master? If the answer is "yes, the BS5Encore will work as a master for this gadget", I will just finally go to my dealer, and there will be some Sonos stuff for sale soon (hope that the iPad add is coming...)!

-No screen? Will it be like a BS2, but with TERABYTES of music?? Surprise Here again, the Beo6/iPad app should add some ease of use.

-Availability : 2011??? I hope so, because BeoNet has to be released as soon as possible, just to show people that it's in fact not bad to have all those "no masterlink" products!!

• 10-04-2011 10:03 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

And here it comes... Yes, it's here!!!

My 1000th post!!!!

Hope the 2000th will be about new stuff coming, and not something like "B&O was a good company, sad that they didn't survive the digital age". But all those new products really seem to go in the right direction!

• 10-04-2011 10:40 AM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Mbee has to arrange a party!

GiftCakeDrinksBeer

Toutes mes félicitations!

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 10-04-2011 12:56 PM In reply to

• Nio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • Posts 61
    • Bronze Member

Will the BeoVision 12-65have BeoNet?

• 10-04-2011 1:06 PM In reply to

I must say that i'm pretty excited about BV11!  So next year we may have both BV11 and Apple launching a TV   all good stuff!

• 10-04-2011 8:14 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

What if the Beovision 11 was really also the rumored Apple Television with a new Siri voice operated iCloud based apple TV inside. :-)

• 10-04-2011 11:37 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

I'm more excited about tomorrow's iPhone5 launch...

And now?

• 10-05-2011 12:10 AM In reply to

Kokomo:

Paul Winn:

And now?

LaughingLaughingLaughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-05-2011 1:06 AM In reply to

Jonathan:

Kokomo:

Paul Winn:

And now?

LaughingLaughingLaughing

To quote from "A Fish Called Wanda" ... 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-05-2011 3:44 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

My local store can pencil me in for at least two of the new products, and that can only be a good thing can't it? More importantly i believe they will atract alot of new customers to B&O, especially women.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 10-05-2011 4:03 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Jonathan:

Kokomo:

Paul Winn:

And now?

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Laughingmaybe apple are becoming more like B&O rather than the other way around!Laughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 10-05-2011 5:56 AM In reply to

Last nights launch has to be the best example I can remember of how internet speculation (like we are seeing on this thread) can build to such a point that people actually end up expecting certain things of a product and forming opinions before any official info is released.

You have to look at what Apple did yesterday and think that they've actualy released some nice updates with a much faster CPU, new camera, and some really nice additions to the OS.  Unfortunately, all the rumour on line led people to expect a new phone, and so utlimately people are dissapointed by what is actually a nice product release.

• 10-05-2011 6:01 AM In reply to

@rednik: indeed! all speculation... and after some time people accept these pure speculations as true!.... to be completely frustrated once the real product is announced. Concerning the iPhone 4s: it's a natural continuation of a successful product... Keep the design; adapt the internals... I'm not dissapointed at all. 

Same thing with the new B&O products... Expectations  are véry high... although we all know that the real products will be below expectations regarding features... 

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 10-05-2011 6:41 AM In reply to

It's true, expectations are very high. And what we see is:

- IPod touch in white

- Beosound 5 Encore in white

Is this the new cooperation between B&O and Apple??
  • 10-05-2011 6:58 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

... although we all know that the real products will be below expectations regarding features... 

What...all of us know that do we? 

• 10-05-2011 9:08 AM In reply to

rednik:

Last nights launch has to be the best example I can remember of how internet speculation (like we are seeing on this thread) can build to such a point that people actually end up expecting certain things of a product and forming opinions before any official info is released.

You have to look at what Apple did yesterday and think that they've actualy released some nice updates with a much faster CPU, new camera, and some really nice additions to the OS.  Unfortunately, all the rumour on line led people to expect a new phone, and so utlimately people are dissapointed by what is actually a nice product release.

I posted the "disappointed" clip more as a piece of humour ... which probably shows how whacky my sense of humour is 

We will get a new iPhone 4S simply because we have just come off the iPhone 3S plan and it therefore makes sense

What I was actually disappointed in, was that they did not announce the release date for the version of Lion that works in with iOS5 and the iCloud 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-05-2011 11:12 AM In reply to

elephant:

What I was actually disappointed in, was that they did not announce the release date for the version of Lion that works in with iOS5 and the iCloud 

I guess that will be next week together with the release of ios5... 

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 10-06-2011 6:42 AM In reply to

Thank you so much Roger...

I am waiting so long for a 65" with floorstand - I hope i have understand it right!

Will it be a single beovision - like the beovision 9, or will there comes more televison from the 12er serie...?

• 10-07-2011 6:35 PM In reply to

I cannot wait to see official picture of BV11.

After reading all this, it could look like this... ?

• 10-07-2011 8:47 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

It seems only the press was disappointed in the new iPhone. AT&T records over 200,000 preorders for iPhone 4S today.

• 10-08-2011 7:09 AM In reply to

When can we expect the new ripping module between the beomaster 5Yes -  thumbs up

• 10-08-2011 9:51 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Praetorianer:

Thank you so much Roger...

I am waiting so long for a 65" with floorstand - I hope i have understand it right!

Will it be a single beovision - like the beovision 9, or will there comes more televison from the 12er serie...?

Seems like there is no floor stand planned, at least not at launch - The tube speaker is attached below the screen with the same width as the screen/frame, frame seem slimmer than the one on the 7-55.

Roger

• 10-10-2011 6:18 AM In reply to

Roger:

Alex:

Some of the information in this thread is pretty wrong ... maybe everyone should wait til the products are actually announced before making their purchase decisions. Cool

The iPad dock is a gadget, but provides much improved sound compared to the internal speaker of the iPad - priced at the same level as the iPad itself. However, the new approach to link rooms with the "circular music selector" could be a very usefull product - add speakers, plug & play - the future for BeoLink IMHO.

Hi Roger,

Any more on the ipad dock and when is it available? Is it a scaled down version of the BS8? Facetiming using the internal speaker is pretty inadequate

thanks

Vince

• 10-10-2011 8:16 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Same here. Make that 3 new things i need from my local.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 10-10-2011 9:50 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

No, well, the iPad dock looks like the popular cover for the iPad 1 - which you can shape to look like this gadget: It has a triangular shape, so it will sit in your lap with a comfortable angle or you can leave it standing on a table. The iPad slides in. Must admit that not too much attention was given to this product, so please feel free to add and correct - my understanding was that the price would be around 4.000 DKK. Forgot to check the launch date, but I belive the portable "AIR" speaker was coming in November/December.

Roger

Page 4 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >