in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 6:54 PM by Nio. 119 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2011 3:25 PM In reply to

Re: what about the deale conference????

Hey Benoit, wow if the BV11 looks anything like that I will be buying one for definate - well as long as it's under £2000.  Im really not bothered about beolink or surround sound etc so BV11 is fab for me! I watch television for less that 30 mins a day and one movie on a sunday evening with friends.  I can't live without my MacBook and broadband however! :)

• 10-02-2011 4:13 PM In reply to

I hope as well it will have such a nice look. And I also like the integrated media player as I don't like to have many electronics and cables everywhere in my place. Let's wait for official photos and features (if they are revealed before the launch...).

• 10-02-2011 5:04 PM In reply to

benoit:

If I understand well BV11 could be something like this :

Very much so. Think away the aluminium frame and make it all black or all white. Speaker fret can be slided in from the side, changing the colour. 

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 10-02-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

benoit:

I hope as well it will have such a nice look. And I also like the integrated media player as I don't like to have many electronics and cables everywhere in my place. Let's wait for official photos and features (if they are revealed before the launch...).

Where did you hear about "the integrated media player" ?

Can you describe it ?

Give more details ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-02-2011 5:17 PM In reply to

Hiort:
    Very attractive pricepoint.

How attractive ?

Hiort:
    Mediaplayer capabilities built in.

Do you know any details about what is meant by this ?

No masterlink

I have been thinking overnight ... if I has an Apple TV2 connected to a BV12 as a satellite television do I really need the Masterlink connection ?

I can get the equivalent of Net.Music and Net.Radio through the ATV2 iTunes interface.

I get access to photos and if I define my movies and TV shows to iTunes I will also get those.

The BV12's aerial gets me my free to air.

The only thing I would be missing is FOXTEL ........

I welcome any thoughts from everyone ... anyone Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-02-2011 5:44 PM In reply to

elephant:

Where did you hear about "the integrated media player" ?

Just some posts before mine Wink

• 10-02-2011 6:07 PM In reply to

Any schedule of the BV 12 or information how it will look like?

• 10-02-2011 6:27 PM In reply to

LifeStyle:

Preliminary discussions indicate it will be a television, but nothing has been confirmed. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 10-02-2011 7:09 PM In reply to

Sounds reasonable as all former Beovision products were televisions Smile

But it seems to be a top of the line product as it's speculated to be a 65" plasma TV.

Would be interesting if it is worth the wait especially in comparison to the 10-46 if you don't want the plump 7-55 for wall mounting and not planning to invest 80k for the 4-85....?

• 10-03-2011 2:31 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

LifeStyle:

Preliminary discussions indicate it will be a television, but nothing has been confirmed. 

Hmmm ... a television ... is that not a bit dated ?

In the digital age isn't everything (just) a monitor ? Laughing

(and yes, I know what "television" means, I am just saying that in many ways its associated with RF reception as in the recent PIP thread)

• 10-03-2011 2:43 AM In reply to

elephant:

Hiort:

How attractive ?

Hiort:

No masterlink

I have been thinking overnight ... if I has an Apple TV2 connected to a BV12 as a satellite television do I really need the Masterlink connection ?

I can get the equivalent of Net.Music and Net.Radio through the ATV2 iTunes interface.

I get access to photos and if I define my movies and TV shows to iTunes I will also get those.

Not sure if the one I saw was BV12 or called something else.

Entry price for the smallest 32" around 2200 Euro probably.

The telly will have UPnP capabilities, so I understand that as you will be able to access media files on your network. Thats all I know regarding mediaplayer.

Have no information if it will have Masterlink, but Masterlink will be CAT anyway, so the socket may be there for connecting the telly to the internet.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

• 10-03-2011 3:25 AM In reply to

Hiort:

elephant:

Hiort:

How attractive ?

Hiort:

No masterlink

Not sure if the one I saw was BV12 or called something else.

Entry price for the smallest 32" around 2200 Euro probably.

The telly will have UPnP capabilities, so I understand that as you will be able to access media files on your network. Thats all I know regarding mediaplayer.

Have no information if it will have Masterlink, but Masterlink will be CAT anyway, so the socket may be there for connecting the telly to the internet.

Thank you ... Very helpful !

Let us cross our fingers that it does work that way !!

Now all we have to worry about is the intersection of DNLA and UPnP (which from Wikipedia seem compatible ...)

• 10-03-2011 4:38 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Not using XE.com but cynicalexperience.com, 2200 Euro will translate to £3,000 no doubt. Still get one but.....

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 10-03-2011 10:13 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Some of the information in this thread is pretty wrong ... maybe everyone should wait til the products are actually announced before making their purchase decisions. Cool

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 10-03-2011 10:51 AM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Yes, that`s what we need. Trustworthy information. Alex, when do you think B&O will pass the information regarding new product to the public?

Lucky you, as store manager you know already the news.

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 10-03-2011 12:51 PM In reply to

Alex:

Some of the information in this thread is pretty wrong ... maybe everyone should wait til the products are actually announced before making their purchase decisions. Cool

why don't you give us the right info AlexYes -  thumbs up

• 10-03-2011 2:57 PM In reply to

And they will be announced ................. 

When?Whistle

• 10-03-2011 3:56 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

benoit:

And they will be announced ................. 
    When?Whistle 

... some sooner, some later ...

• 10-03-2011 4:18 PM In reply to

I'm more excited about tomorrow's iPhone5 launch...

• 10-04-2011 3:23 AM In reply to

Like the rest of the world, sadly...:-(

apparently, you can buy an app for your current i-phone to keep you up-to-date in real time about how outmoded it now is compared to this months version.Wink

• 10-04-2011 3:36 AM In reply to

folkdeejay:

apparently, you can buy an app for your current i-phone to keep you up-to-date in real time about how outmoded it now is compared to this months version.Wink

Now if you really had to buy it (i.e. hand over some hard earned dosh) then that would be pure marketing chutzpah !

• 10-04-2011 4:33 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Alex:

I do belive that this information is valuable to the BeoWorld enthusiast. And receiving feedback from enthusiasts is valuable to B&O as well. We have been pretty wrong over the last few years, maybe not becuase the information was inaccurate at that point in time but simply because B&O and their changing CEO's have had a change of heart prior to launch. The BV10-55 could act as an example, and we are aware of several ideas for the long term that of course will change prior to production start-up.

But the information given by the forum users for the near future is not pretty wrong as I see it, and to sum-up:

BeoVision "11" in 32" and 40" - Will look like an iMac with a perforated speaker (you can slide in a color fabric from the side), cabinet available in black or white, very "industrial" feel to the stand options (again, fresh thinking from B&O), a close to break-even product when it comes to price. Could be as low as 15.000 DKK for the 32" and just below 20.000 DKK for the 40". Launch is set to February 2012.

BeoVision 12-65 to arrive later in the spring, and changes to the concept may be expected. A new tube speaker under the screen, claimed to be priced at the 7-55 level - not sure if this includes the stand. Will fill the gap left by the 4-50/4-65.

BeoLab 12-2 and 12-3. New wall speaker, the bigger one is approx 1m tall with a slightly wavy shiny metal surface. Very cool, very fresh design.

BeoSound 8 Air will arrive next year. The Air part looks like an add-on, but again this could change when production starts.

The portable "Air" speaker is set to arrive in November/December. A leather belt on top (diagonal) looks very cool, and the touch and feel of the speaker is new. As stated before, like a handbag. It has a built-in battery. And it does sound good indeed!

The iPad dock is a gadget, but provides much improved sound compared to the internal speaker of the iPad - priced at the same level as the iPad itself. However, the new approach to link rooms with the "circular music selector" could be a very usefull product - add speakers, plug & play - the future for BeoLink IMHO.

The new top-of-the-line speaker is still in development, and I know Peter have had a sample of the performance of the prototype in Struer. Impressive stuff. Nowhere near launch. The prototype can shift a lot more air than the current BL5, which makes me wonder about the application - you will need a large living room :-) And there are some other cool stuff in the Lab as well.

And I am very happy that B&O can re-invent. The new wall speaker is a fresh approach, the two new TV's are a new design direction as well - and the portable Air speaker will make you spill your tea. Unlike Apple - their laptop's, phones etc are sleek, but I prefer the David Lewis way of design. I do hope that Tue will respect the Struer spirit that made B&O what it is over the past 80+ years, and not turn B&O into a lifestyle brand just to please the marketing people and the Copenhagen Stock Exchange...

Trip will fill in with some culinary information Big Smile

Roger

• 10-04-2011 4:36 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

folkdeejay:

Apparently Ebay are steeling themselves for the Tsunami of iPhone 4's that will strike as a result! I find it all a little bit depressing that people are this easy to manipulate!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 10-04-2011 4:52 AM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

Now that's better.

Thanks Roger.

Interesting products indeed, but (for me) a 46" bv11 is missing.

Good to have informations like that.

You allready know where your money will go next year.

Gregory

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

• 10-04-2011 6:39 AM In reply to

Nice summary Roger,

I have also heard something about a thing that sounded much like a Airport Express but with Powerlink sockets. Will enable you to have speakers in other rooms connected over wire (not sure if it was wireless). Not masterlinked then I assume. Any details on such a "box"?

Page 3 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >