in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-20-2011 1:26 PM by olamel. 39 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-18-2011 8:58 AM In reply to

Re: New update on Friday at 9 am for BeoMaster 5

I had some similar problems immediately after the update. I will try it again today.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 09-18-2011 9:30 AM In reply to

It seems to be doing a little better. This morning, it kept hanging and I had to use the remote to toggle between n.radio and n.music to get it out of the hang. Pushing the buttons on the BeoSound 5 would not get it out of the stalled state. I'm now able to get more than one song to play, but there are now issues with missing cover art again.

• 09-18-2011 11:35 AM In reply to

Mine seems to be working fine today.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 09-18-2011 3:19 PM In reply to

Update OK. No new features, only bug fixes. Disappointing...
  • 09-18-2011 5:43 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

On the contrary. I am very delighted. My BS5 has been a pain to use since last update. Now everything seems to work as it should do.

I am really looking forward to two-way functonality but prefer to wait rather than having software that does not work properly.

Inflagrante

• 09-19-2011 12:50 AM In reply to

Like I said, just bug fixing, necessary notably because of the previous bad update. I don't understand how one can be satisfied with it!
  • 09-19-2011 4:29 AM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Well, I am definitely not satisfied with the situation as a whole where software updates turns out to be a downgrade in functionality. However, I am very pleased that the latest update seems to have cured the bugs that came with the latest update and that I as a consequence am able to use my BS5 again. But of course, those bugs should not have been there from the beginning.

Inflagrante

• 09-20-2011 12:41 AM In reply to

• olamel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-20-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

I live in Sweden, don't know if that means I will not receive updates at the same time as others do. But I do know that the latest update (this summer) which enabled the AUX input was, as many of you already have mentioned, completly full of bugs. 

Now I am experiencing the following:

• Sometimes everything goes black, and I will see the classic Windows pointer. No way to recover but to reboot.
    • I will receive a window stating that an error occured. No way to recover but to reboot.
    • Sometimes the playback stops in the middle of a song. 
    • Radio stations stops playing and disappear. 
    Before the lates update everything just worked perfectly smooth. Now I am thinking of returning my Beosound 5 since this is not acceptable. 

Does anyone know when the buggfix update as you all speak of is released in Europe?  

• 09-20-2011 12:54 AM In reply to

The update did not start automatically, so I did it manually. I'm in France.
  • 09-20-2011 1:30 AM In reply to

• olamel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-20-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Strange because I did make a manual check yesterday and I received the response "No new updated found" or what the exact text says I have forgotten. But anyhow I will call my reseller today and see if I should have received this update or if it is country specific. 

Thanks for your reply.  

• 09-20-2011 1:59 AM In reply to

Normally the system checks itself if there are updates available (unless you unchecked it in the menu). After this update there is no screen with some info like other (major) updates. This is normal because it is a minor update

This release has number 6.04.00.2871.

When you press ">>GO" you can see @ product info a new line "last N-radio update 2011-09-14" (this is a new info line)

Mine is working much better now (only issue with some FLAC files which are not recognised by mots, but this is not a major bug for me)
    It didn' stall anymore, start up is quickly etc
    I did also a "delete databases" to clean up the system.
    You can find this after pressing "><><GO" under maintenance.
    It took several hours to do that, but I have the impression it is not so bad doing this when you have problems with the system. I do not know which databases it deletes, but when you select it, it will reboot and i see in the log files it is updating some parts of the MOTS databases. I have 40.000 mp3/flacs on the disk and after 1 night the system was backup and running, so it is not deleting the entire mots database 

nico

• 09-20-2011 2:14 AM In reply to

• olamel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-20-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for your response. I will check my version when I get back home. 

Yes it was under maintenance that I checked for the updates manually, but I have the automatic turned on. So then I probably will have the latest update already. Since the machine crashed the day before yesterday with the mousepointer on black background I will try the clean operation you mention. Hopefully this will correct the errors.

I am thinking of disabling automatic updates and read in the forums before I update in the future. Since they obviuosly lack quality assurance on their software updates. Too bad but I just want the machine to work. 

Thanks again for the tips. I will check tonight. 

• 09-20-2011 6:24 AM In reply to

I live in Stockholm and my BS5 had to be updated this time manually. The update before it did automaticly. No problems after this update but I haven´t used it so much.

Brgds Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 09-20-2011 9:02 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

IngvarW:

... my BS5 had to be updated this time manually. The update before it did automaticly

I assume, BnO learned from the last update disaster(s) NOT immediately triggering the
    automatic "push" update .

I guess, they are monitoring the feedback (also on this site) and reactions of "power-users"
    before finally pushing the new update to all users.

Wise decision, IMHO ...

• 09-20-2011 1:26 PM In reply to

• olamel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-20-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

nico vercammen:

I too have this version installed. 

nico vercammen:
    When you press ">>GO" you can see @ product info a new line "last N-radio update 2011-09-14"

Very nice too see when the last update was performed. I had the same date as you 2011-09-14 but mine has updated automatically. 

Since I experienced the mousepointer error the day before yesterday I did the delete databases. So now hopefully the machine will work again.

Some of the radiostations are gone from the list though. This could be some other issue perhaps. It could be that the quality of the web-casts of the stations are of a such bad quality that Bang Olufsen removes them. It is quite annoying though since my favourite stations are gone. Is it possible to add your own?  

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2