in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-23-2011 6:52 AM by Rolf. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2011 5:36 AM

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

Macro assistance MLGW

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to enable a couple of Scenes triggered from my MLGW consisting of both lighting and sound.

One scene would be for example "Dinner Party" where the lighting is set according to the Dinner Table and the background music is set at a slightly lower level.

A second example scene would be "Party" where again the lighting is set and the music volume is set to a considerably higher basic setting.

I have no difficulties with the lighting scenes, but I am struggling to find an easy way of setting the default volume for each scene, for instans volume level 30 for "Dinner Party" and volume level 60 for "Party".

I have seen that I can add a Volume Up command, and this could be a possible way ahead, but I idealy would like to find a way of "sending Volume = 30" of Volume = 60"

The device is a BV9 but this should not make any big difference from a Macro perspective.

Any ideas ?

//Rolf

Filed under:
  • 09-07-2011 7:43 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

Re: Macro assistance MLGW

Sorry, no idea about a volume = xx setting - BUT using volume up:

If volume max = 100 you would need to go volume down 100 times, then up 30 for dinner party (or up 60 for party), because you don't know the volume starting point.

I wonder how much time it takes to send these many commands?

Ralf

PS: No MLGF here, just trying to help...

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 09-07-2011 8:12 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

The problem with this solution is that in many cases it is impossible to know what the actual volume level is before adjusting it up or down in a number of steps. The only way would be to turn the device off and on and base the settings on the default audio volume setting.

This might be the last resort but hopefully somebody has some ideas.

• 09-07-2011 8:17 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

But that is exactly what I intended to solve: if audio is MAX 100, you need to go volume down 100 times to start at zero.

If volume max is 60, 60 times vol. down to reach the 0 point...

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 09-07-2011 10:17 AM In reply to

Rolf:
    The problem with this solution is that in many cases it is impossible to know what the actual volume level is before adjusting it up or down in a number of steps. The only way would be to turn the device off and on and base the settings on the default audio volume setting.

Does that BV respond to the familiar "reset" command? You could store a known volume setting (preferably the lowest of the required scenes, I guess) as default. Then send RESET followed by the required number of vol-ups for each scene. I believe slow volume changes would be more enjoyable in any case.

I don't think any B&O devices have a way of directly commanding a certain volume setting.

-mika

• 09-07-2011 11:06 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I have had the same problem.

There is no way to set it without individual key presses.

I have been down this road.

There is no way to set a distinct volume number. You must press the volume button. I even tried to manipulate the mlgw so that it would 'hold' the volume button down.

No luck.

Let me know if you figure this out.

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 09-07-2011 12:52 PM In reply to

you must first know is the  volume number programmed in bv9 (you can see that when you turn on the tv)

example foto (12 times the volume down or up) in the same macros can introduce light

• 09-07-2011 1:03 PM In reply to

This is my "dinner" macro photo

you can use and AST do exchange between speakers

• 09-23-2011 6:52 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

After some further testing I think that I have found the solution I was looking for.  The actual macro commands can be seen in the following screenshot.

Rows 1 and 2 set the correct light settings

Rows 3 and 4 are for those of you that have an AST Speaker setup, Function_1 equals "Preset 1" from the BEO5/6 and is typically the first AST Listening Preset. Function_6 would set AST back to the default TV setting and Function_7 is the Cinema setting.

Row 5 is the key in the solution as it "resets" the volume setting to the TV/Audio level default setting (i.e. same as at TV/Audio startup level), this means that irrespective of what the TV/audio has been used for before the Macro is activated it will be set to it default volume setting and from this known volume level (in my case 40) it is easy to step up or down the volume level as needed since we know where we are starting at all times now.

Rows 6 and onwards are simply a number of Volume steps (UP or DOWN), DOWN in this case

Good Luck !

//Rolf

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)