in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-02-2011 5:07 AM by elephant. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2011 2:11 PM

TV Backlight is on while playing music (DVD or iPod)

I have a question about playing music through B&O 7-40 TV with built-in DVD and ipod dock...  When I play music, the TV screen backlight is always on (the screen is blank/ black with little bit brighter than it is completely off).  Is that normal?  I'm worry about the screen will be burn in if backlight on for long time

• 09-01-2011 5:23 PM In reply to

Re: TV Backlight is on while playing music (DVD or iPod)

You can "mute" the picture by adding the [P-MUTE] command to the Beo4.

I believe this will give you what you want.

You will need to use the Beo4 [ADD] command function ... press Standby (red/orange dot) and [LIST] keys together and then following prompts on the little Beo4 screen using the up and down arrows [ v ] and [ ^ ] and (GO) to select

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-01-2011 5:41 PM In reply to

Thank you for your reply!  I think you answered my questions, thank you!

However, I do not have beo4 remote for this TV, I can get one from the other room but that would be inconvenient if I need to use the other remote every time.  Do you know if I can add P-mute command on beo5 remote?

Thanks again for your help! Smile

• 09-01-2011 5:55 PM In reply to

Beo5 can do it, but must be programmed to do so....

BV7-40 MKIV, BeoVision Avant 32, BeoVision 8-32, BeoLab Penta MKIII, BeoLab 6000 x 3, BeoSound 9000 MKIII, BeoLab 7-4, BeoSound 4000, BeoPort, BeoVox S45-2, ML/MCL Convertors, A8's & Form 2's. 

• 09-01-2011 6:06 PM In reply to

Do you know how to do that?  I want to custom a new button for PC channel as well, currently PC is connected to VGA and use TV button to turn on.

Is there any tuturial in this forum for how to program beo 5?

• 09-02-2011 5:07 AM In reply to

harryeml:

Do you know how to do that?  I want to custom a new button for PC channel as well, currently PC is connected to VGA and use TV button to turn on.

Is there any tuturial in this forum for how to program beo 5?

It's question like this that make me pleased I stayed with my Beo4 and its [PC] softkey :-)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)