in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2012 10:48 AM by Guy1680. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2011 3:01 PM

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

HUMAX FOXSAT HD or HDR

I want to buy a Freesat box to work with my Beovision 3.  My STB-C has Table 4.25 fitted, and this lists 'HUMAX FOX SAT H' at number 5 as shown below:

Does anyone know if this is the 'HUMAX FOXSAT HD' or 'HUMAX FOXSAT HDR'?  I would prefer to buy the former but not if I can't control it with Beo 4.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Anyone have experience of using this STB with Beovision 3?

Regards Guy

Filed under: ,
  • 08-30-2011 7:39 AM In reply to

Re: HUMAX FOXSAT HD or HDR

Can't help you with the "Fox Sat H" setting but can tell you I use a Foxsat HDR with my Beocenter 6 using the "Humax PR HD1000" in the STB menu. It controls all of the basic functions I need to watch TV (stop, start, channel change, EPG, etc) and you can set up a scheduled recording from the Beo4 remote. Unfortunately can't set an instant recording or call up the menu of recorded programmes from Beo4 so until I get the STB list updated I have to keep the Humax remote to hand.

• 08-31-2011 4:54 AM In reply to

It's the HDR

• 09-04-2011 10:20 AM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Many thanks to you both for your help - I've been away for a week hence only just seen the replies!  I need to order a dish and the HDR then.

Regards and thanks again.

Guy

• 12-17-2011 4:41 AM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

I finally got around to setting up the Foxsat HDR system yesterday - together with a 1.2m satellite dish that is needed to get UK freeesat in this part of the world!  The dish took a bit of aligning but was easy once I connected a sat finder.

The Humax HDR's a great bit of kit and works really well with the BV3 STB-C.  Unlike my old STB, there's no need to press 'go' before the up and down arrows when changing stations etc.  It also seems much more responsive to Beo4 commands than my previous freeview box.  It's just a little slow to boot up.

Seems such a shame not to have an HD TV ....

• 01-18-2012 5:40 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Hardwriter:

Can't help you with the "Fox Sat H" setting but can tell you I use a Foxsat HDR with my Beocenter 6 using the "Humax PR HD1000" in the STB menu. It controls all of the basic functions I need to watch TV (stop, start, channel change, EPG, etc) and you can set up a scheduled recording from the Beo4 remote. Unfortunately can't set an instant recording or call up the menu of recorded programmes from Beo4 so until I get the STB list updated I have to keep the Humax remote to hand.

I was quite hopeful when I read this as the Humax PR HD1000 is listed in the STB menu on my Beovision 3. However, whereas I could control my Sky+ box when selecting the appropriate option, selecting the Humax model above doesn't work with my Humax Foxsat HDR . I have tried all the various Humax models listed but to no avail.

Shall I just accept that I cannot control my Humax Foxsat with my Beo4 or has anyone any ideas as to how I can other than going down the Lintronic path?

Thanks. 

• 01-18-2012 6:08 PM In reply to

Kokomo,

My apologies. I gave you incorrect information.

My BC6 has the PD1000 STB option but it is not what I am using and you are correct that it does not control the hDR.

I also have Humax CI5100 and CI8100PVR STB options and they both work. I prefer the CI8100 as it has a bit more functionality? Neither will call up the HDR's Media list however.

Sorry for misleading you but there are so many  options in my STB list.

• 01-19-2012 4:18 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Hardwriter:

Kokomo,

My apologies. I gave you incorrect information.

My BC6 has the PD1000 STB option but it is not what I am using and you are correct that it does not control the hDR.

I also have Humax CI5100 and CI8100PVR STB options and they both work. I prefer the CI8100 as it has a bit more functionality? Neither will call up the HDR's Media list however.

Sorry for misleading you but there are so many  options in my STB list.

No need to apologise. Thanks for the reply.

• 01-27-2012 10:48 AM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Kokomo:

I was quite hopeful when I read this as the Humax PR HD1000 is listed in the STB menu on my Beovision 3. However, whereas I could control my Sky+ box when selecting the appropriate option, selecting the Humax model above doesn't work with my Humax Foxsat HDR . I have tried all the various Humax models listed but to no avail.

Shall I just accept that I cannot control my Humax Foxsat with my Beo4 or has anyone any ideas as to how I can other than going down the Lintronic path?

Thanks.  

Why don't you simply replace the chip in the STB-C - the cost is about £30 and is quite simple to do?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)