in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-04-2011 2:17 PM by BillC. 238 replies.
Page 10 of 10 (239 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

• jahur
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-07-2011
    • planet zonk
    • Posts 161
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O News

Pauliander:

I am very happy with my Ipad. It's without any doubt the best gadget I received over the past year. Yet why can you not replace its battery? Countless updates will make this unnecessary I'am afraid. I do not believe B&O needs an introduction on repair service here. So let's not compare apples and peers on build quality here. Thank you.

i agree, bang and olufsen all the way, service, design, repair, longevity, you name it!

nuff said!

(formerly nokinnikon from the old site)

• 08-30-2011 8:33 PM In reply to

I agree.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 08-31-2011 2:16 PM In reply to

BillC:
    the new Sharp PRO-70X5FD (at 70inch instead of 55inch)

I have a sneaky suspicion that this (or very similar) chassis will be the underpinnings for the larger of the upcoming Apple TV panels...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-31-2011 5:59 PM In reply to

moxxey:

StUrrock:

My BeoSound 5 customers, whilst enjoying the sumptuous sound and the benefits of MOTS, find all the levers wheels etc very confusing....

Amazing. I made this observation in a debate about the Beosound 5 UI and everyone who own's a Beosound 5 (forgetting I owned one for two months) jumped on my back saying it was perfect.

It isn't. That's also a reason I sold my BS5. I don't understand why, in 2011, we need 3 levers to scroll through and select music. Whereas everyone else is moving to touchscreen, we have levers. I got shot down for suggesting touch screen, but on a 11" screen, you should be able to swipe and select a track.

I own a Beosound 8 and have my iPad perma-connected. It's so easy to find and select a track. If I want a specific track (from my thousands of tracks), I go to the search function, enter a few letters and options are presented in seconds. Immediately. I don't have to scroll through tracks, to find the one I want. It takes seconds.

I also love the way I can move between tracks, add to a playlist, show the artwork and control using my finder. It's so intuitive and, frankly, the BS8 + iPad is one of the best recent B&O purchases, apart from the Beocom 5.

Since the Encore was released, I went back to my dealer to familiarise myself with the lever system and UI. Even I got confused and I regard myself as both a tech expert and used a Beosound 5 for a couple of months (two years ago). I had to take some time to remind myself which lever does what and how to find music (quickly).

Sadly that experience also reminded me that - as lovely as the Encore looks - the lever system can be complicated, when all you want to do is find a track, swiftly.

And look what Loewe is bringing soon in Berlin...

http://www.i4u.com/47327/ifa-2011-loewe-soundvision-audio-system-tablet-does-it-all

• 09-01-2011 6:48 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

benoit:

And look what Loewe is bringing soon in Berlin...

http://www.i4u.com/47327/ifa-2011-loewe-soundvision-audio-system-tablet-does-it-all

But that uses it's own proprietary tablet controller? What's the point of that? We've been busy talking about the lack of AirPlay support in B&O products and Loewe go one further by developing their own tablet (no doubt running a version of Android)?

• 09-01-2011 12:34 PM In reply to

touch screen...thank god they didn't!

All those greasy fingerprints on it.

• 09-01-2011 1:07 PM In reply to

• jahur
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-07-2011
    • planet zonk
    • Posts 161
    • Bronze Member

koning:

Absolutely!

• 09-01-2011 1:19 PM In reply to

koning:

Absolument!

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 09-01-2011 1:43 PM In reply to

• jahur
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-07-2011
    • planet zonk
    • Posts 161
    • Bronze Member

linder:

koning:

Absolument!

i mean even my old beocentre 9000 wouldnt accumulate that many fingerprints, they just look so unsightly, i mean, you wouldnt stand fingerprints on your beovisions, would you???? neeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrrr!

• 09-04-2011 12:39 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

BillC:

Its a pity the BeoSound 5 Encore doesn't support two way remote, I've been looking for a slick front end device with good DAC and two way remote for my BeoLab 3 to play all my digitial music stored in my HTPC. I'd even stomach the AUD5k it cost to buy it in Sydney instead of USD3.7k it cost in USA.

As an Australian B&O customer, the one thing I would dearly wish they fix is their pricing practice.

Hi Bill,

I think there may be more instore (not in store ?) for the BS5.  I have just setup a new macmini as a HTPC, but somehow i think there's going to be more from the BS5 and i wish there would be.  I think ultimately I will ditch the HTPC idea and setup a NAS. But which NAS i'm not sure. 

Someone did mention in another thread a great little app called AirMusic.  That will work with the BS5 i'm sure. 

I did buy another new TV the other day which was delivered (not a BeoVision).  I would love a BV10 but i'm not prepared to pay at prices (even though i have the money) set by overseas? at a point in time when our dollar wasn't as strong as it has been for a while now. 

• 09-04-2011 3:43 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

koning:

Don't you think you're being a little an*l here? My iPad is almost perma-connected to my BS8 and you don't really see many fingerprints. I don't think a single person has mentioned any fingerprints! They are too keen to discuss the sound quality, design and performance.

I'll tell you, it's 10x finding a track to show to friends using the iPad/BS8 than using three levers on the BS5.

And if you're so worried, give the screen a quick rub over now and again or use an iPod Touch. They are so small, you barely see the device.

Fingerprints on the iPod Touch/iPad are no worse than the metal part of my Beosound 4 always looking "dirty" or the dust that collects on the cover or the BV7-40 screen that's hard to clean due to the film they've added to the surface etc etc.

• 09-04-2011 4:14 AM In reply to

Don't you think you're being a little an*l here?

?????

That's my opion,and i think that many people think the same way about touch screen.

• 09-04-2011 5:58 AM In reply to

• jahur
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-07-2011
    • planet zonk
    • Posts 161
    • Bronze Member

koning, im with you all the way on this. thats not because im anti-apple fanzine its fingerprints full stop. anyhows all my beo devices very rarely need a fingerprint removal jolly! but with the touch screen fad one will always need to keep cleaning them. i clean and polish all my beo devices once a fortnight, can any touch screen users can claim to do this??? doubtfull!

• 09-04-2011 2:17 PM In reply to

• BillC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Hi Michael,

I'd settle for 2 way remote for the BS5 EncoreSmile.Of course my dream would be for the BS5 to be able to play audio and video files.

Razlaw - the OPPO BDP-95 doesn't have audio input so you're out of luck with surround sound decoding for cable set top box. It does however play streaming video. (the first is not a deal breaker for me - I hardly watch anything on cable).If you do need it a surround sound processor/receiver would be needed.

Page 10 of 10 (239 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10