in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-27-2012 4:01 AM by carlito. 118 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (119 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2012 5:44 PM In reply to

Re: LinkPlayer 2 Feedback thread

I had LinkPlayer 2 running for a while, but since a couple of days I have a strange problem:

- when I start N-Music on my BS900 using my Bo4 remote nothing happens.

- when I push go it starts to play music.

- when I then select an album on linkplayer on my computer it starts to play the selection, the previous song remains as well. So, I have songs playing at the same time. 

- this does not matter whether I have iTunes running or not.

Anybody who has an idea? I tried several things but without any luck.

Thanks,

Frank.

• 01-25-2012 5:04 AM In reply to

frammeloo:

I had LinkPlayer 2 running for a while, but since a couple of days I have a strange problem:

- when I start N-Music on my BS900 using my Bo4 remote nothing happens.

- when I push go it starts to play music.

- when I then select an album on linkplayer on my computer it starts to play the selection, the previous song remains as well. So, I have songs playing at the same time. 

- this does not matter whether I have iTunes running or not.

Anybody who has an idea? I tried several things but without any luck.

Thanks,

Frank.

Check if you have activated multiple speakers inside iTunes ... I have sometimes down that accidently, and so iTunes is broadcasting via the WiFi at the same time that the iTunes - LinkPlayer - BeoPort connection is operating 

Not sure it explains the symptom you have - my overlap between songs in that situation is just a second or so

And I have just had another thought ... Philippe made a change with LP2 so that his LINK MUSIC playback is not via iTunes but is direct (i.e. it is a different approach between LP and LP2), so I suspect what you have is LINK MUSIC playing as well as iTunes music ... that would certainly explain two different songs, so I think that is the problem

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-27-2012 2:17 PM In reply to

elephant:

Check if you have activated multiple speakers inside iTunes ... I have sometimes down that accidently, and so iTunes is broadcasting via the WiFi at the same time that the iTunes - LinkPlayer - BeoPort connection is operating 

Not sure it explains the symptom you have - my overlap between songs in that situation is just a second or so

And I have just had another thought ... Philippe made a change with LP2 so that his LINK MUSIC playback is not via iTunes but is direct (i.e. it is a different approach between LP and LP2), so I suspect what you have is LINK MUSIC playing as well as iTunes music ... that would certainly explain two different songs, so I think that is the problem

Thanks elephant for the quick reply.

I checked the iTunes and multiple speakers is not activated.

I considered your second thought as well, I have been reading about it in this forum. The thing is though that when I start N-Music on the BS-9000, N-Music lights up, but no music, but when I push a button it start to play. Which, I thinks makes some sense, it starts controlling through the BEO4 LP2. I cannot control that song with LP2 from my computer, but when I then select a song using LinkPlayer it start to play this second song. So, I have two LP2 instances playing. I can control one on my computer (LP2), and one via my remote. Each control independently a song. It does not matter whether iTunes runs or not. 

Isn't that weird?

What do you think, is it an option setting on Beoport, BS9000 and beolink active speakers? The Beoport does not have a IR-receiver. It has local speakers. The BS-9000 does not have local speakers connected, but there are beolink active speakers in the same room.

Thanks again

• 01-28-2012 12:43 AM In reply to

frammeloo:
    The thing is though that when I start N-Music on the BS-9000, N-Music lights up, but no music, but when I push a button it start to play. Which, I thinks makes some sense, it starts controlling through the BEO4 LP2. I cannot control that song with LP2 from my computer, but when I then select a song using LinkPlayer it start to play this second song. So, I have two LP2 instances playing. I can control one on my computer (LP2), and one via my remote. Each control independently a song. It does not matter whether iTunes runs or not. 

Hi again; I don't normally use LP2 but I cranked it up today to see what I could find ... and guess what ?  I have the same behaviours that you have !

Here is what I tested to create this situation:

1. LinkPlayer 2 running 
    2. I activated its console window so I could check what was happening in the background
    3. N-Music to Beovision ... no problem
    4. N-Music to Bessound ... no problem
    5. Music coming from Philippe's code; iTunes not engaged
    6. Put everything to standby
    7. Started with N-Music to Beosound ... no problem
    8. The only difference between starting from the Beosound room versus the Beovision room is the Beosound takes 2 to 4 seconds to activate, shake hands with LP2, and start channeling the music ... the Beovision is much longer at around 10 seconds before any music appears
    9. Note that ALL I had to press was [N-MUSIC], i.e no (GO) afterwards, but I did have to wait some 4 to 10 seconds
    10. I even tested track skips etc and everything worked fine
    11. Now the interesting bit, reading your note I realised I needed to try [PC] mode on my LP2
    12. This took the LP2 out of standby mode and into its graphical menu 
    13. NOTE that this means the [N-MUSIC] did not change the screen menu from Standby ... something that had not clicked with me at the time
    14. I stepped through the [PC] menu selecting MUSIC, PLAYLISTS, RECENT PLAYS, and then starting the song ... some 4 x (GO) button pushes
    15. I then went to the Beosound room and pressed [N-MUSIC] ... and I heard the same song playing overlapped by the time it took me to walk between rooms etc
    16. Again iTunes was not running
    17. But only one LP2 icon was active
    18. Note the difference from LP1 ... the [N-MUSIC] simply connects to the playing source - it does not start a second copy ... and the Activity monitor shows only one LP1 process
    19. So I went back to running LP2 and repeated the test to see what the Activity monitor showed ... still only one LP2 process 

So in summary I have the same experiences you have when I try to have [N-MUSIC] in one room and [PC] in the other; with LP1 only one can be active at anyone time, but LP2 is either trying to support multiple simultaneous sources like a BeoSound 4 does (which does not make sense, unless Philippe was expecting the MacMini to have multiple soundcards), or it simply means there is a bug that does not switch off the current source when it gets a Link room command like [N-MUSIC]

I hope all of this helps you somewhat .....

My advice would be to only play [N-MUSIC] options and live with the screen staying in standby mode;
    or first switch off the [PC] source before you activate any link rooms

But perhaps with this "explanation" you will come up with your own strategies ... I hope you can find the compromise that works for you !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-03-2012 12:32 AM In reply to

Thanks elephant.

I don't have a lot of time to do some testing, but I discovered the following, but I cannot reproduce it:

On the link player above the source indicator there is another smaller indicator. I have seen so far 3 words: Source, Link, Distribution. When I play f.i. Radio it shows Link, when it is in standby it show Source, and I once had distribution there and everything worked fine. I could play N.music from everywhere in the house and use LinkRemote. I cannot recall how I got there though. Any experience with that?

Frank

• 02-03-2012 9:50 AM In reply to

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been very silent over the last few months, but I have been really busy. Busy at work and busy in the evening working on an other App project.

But things have changed. My contract for my day job has ended in Decemember and my app project is finally complete!

I am taking a few weeks/months off work to concentrate on more app developments, and I am pleased to tell that it's now been 2 weeks that I am back on LinkPlayer and LinkRemote. I am still doing some internal changes to the architecture, so it's going to take a few more weeks before I can release something, but I am now working full time on it.

So sorry again for the radio silence and the unanswered email... but things are going to be moving!

Those of you with iPad and iPhones, have a look at my newest app (The last one in the signature) as it is free until tonight only. I'd really appreciate if, once you've played with it a bit, you'd leave a honest review on the App Store. Without reviews these apps simply don't sell unfortunately.

p.

• 02-03-2012 10:19 PM In reply to

frammeloo:

Thanks elephant.

I don't have a lot of time to do some testing, but I discovered the following, but I cannot reproduce it:

On the link player above the source indicator there is another smaller indicator. I have seen so far 3 words: Source, Link, Distribution. When I play f.i. Radio it shows Link, when it is in standby it show Source, and I once had distribution there and everything worked fine. I could play N.music from everywhere in the house and use LinkRemote. I cannot recall how I got there though. Any experience with that?

Frank

Hi Frank, no I don't think I have seen this.

I just played around with LinkPlayer I and its remote App and I could find no evidence of what you described.

• 02-03-2012 10:26 PM In reply to

welcome back Philippe, we shall look forward to some new excitements !

PhilLondon:
    Those of you with iPad and iPhones, have a look at my newest app (The last one in the signature) as it is free until tonight only. I'd really appreciate if, once you've played with it a bit, you'd leave a honest review on the App Store. Without reviews these apps simply don't sell unfortunately.

I was late seeing your note, so it was no longer free, but when I tried buying it I go a message that your App was being modified, and to come back later :-(

BTW who did the drawings for the story ?

• 02-05-2012 1:23 PM In reply to

Phil,

It's great to have you back.  I, too, just tried to buy the app ($2 here Stateside) but after one clicks to purchase, there is a notification that the app is being modified and that one should try again later.

I'll be happy to provide a review as soon as it becomes available.

Best,

• 02-05-2012 1:55 PM In reply to

Thanks for letting me know. We found strange that despite having been featured by apple we had no sale!!!
  • 02-08-2012 12:29 AM In reply to

I am sure I am showing my ignorance, but really cannot find the new LinkRemote app. When I type linkremote in the search bar in iTunes the old version June 25th, 2010 pops up.

Thanks.

• 02-08-2012 1:06 AM In reply to

frammeloo:

I am sure I am showing my ignorance, but really cannot find the new LinkRemote app. When I type linkremote in the search bar in iTunes the old version June 25th, 2010 pops up.

Thanks.

So LinkPlayer and LinkPlayer 2 are the "servers" if you like that run on our Apples and replace B&O's BeoPlayer.

LinkRemote is the remote which has not been upgraded ... not sure if it even works with LinkPlayer 2 ! 

• 02-08-2012 1:23 AM In reply to

elephant:
    LinkRemote is the remote which has not been upgraded ... not sure if it even works with LinkPlayer 2 ! 

Just tested LinkRemote with my copy of LinkPlayer 2 and it does work - quite nicely too.

• 02-08-2012 7:23 AM In reply to

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

hello,

as you may have seen in other posts, i recently lost n.music following the purchase of a bv7. a true case of good news, bad news :p

i have managed to get linkplayer 1 to work on all devices except my bv7 :( philippe suggested i check out lp2. unfortunately, i'm having no luck getting it to run.

here is my system :

• bv7-40 mkv (videomaster)
    • bc6-23 (option 6)
    • bc1 (option 6)
    • bl3500
    • beoport + lp2 (audiomaster)
    • mac mini (early 2009). connected to beoport by audio jack. connected to bv7 by displayport->hdmi. not in puc, no ir cable.

i set lp2 up as follows :

• beoport = connected to masterlink. green indicator.
    • ir receiver = none. inactive light.
    • audiomaster = this mac is audiomaster. inactive light.
    • videomaster = mac is connected to tv. with responds to n.music and n.radio. inactive light.
    • linkremote = responds. green light.
    • apple remote = not responds. inactive light.
    • sources = n.music:music n.radio:radio

when i try to access n.music from my bc6 i got no reaction of any kind. am i missing something ? should i configure as if the mac is not connected to bv7, is this what no videomaster means ?

any and all help appreciated. additional thanks to phil and elephant for helping me get this far.

- scott

• 02-08-2012 4:31 PM In reply to

XavierItzmann:
     I, too, just tried to buy the app ($2 here Stateside) but after one clicks to purchase, there is a notification that the app is being modified and that one should try again later.

We've had a bit of a drama with the App, as somehow a problem of the App store prevented the app from being purchased all around the word! It is really a shame as it has been prominently featured by apple since Saturday, but nobody could buy it!

Here in the UK the app is purchasable again. I'd be interested to know if it is now purchasable in other countries.

• 02-08-2012 4:53 PM In reply to

App donwloaded and playing on iPhone 4S loud and clear.

I like the Beethoven in the 1st scene.

You know, as developer, you are entitled to contact the Apple Store and make your case that you were denied over your launch weekend and that your high profile should be extended a further week.

Will post review on App Store after I review the app.

Cheerio,

• 02-14-2012 6:49 AM In reply to

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

hello again,

reply to self.... i got things working by chossing the "no videomaster" option. :)

this is rather counter-intuitive as i do have a videomaster and i am connected to it. maybe this options means 'not controlled by video master'.

- scott

scott451:

hello,

as you may have seen in other posts, i recently lost n.music following the purchase of a bv7. a true case of good news, bad news :p

i have managed to get linkplayer 1 to work on all devices except my bv7 :( philippe suggested i check out lp2. unfortunately, i'm having no luck getting it to run.

here is my system :

• bv7-40 mkv (videomaster)
    • bc6-23 (option 6)
    • bc1 (option 6)
    • bl3500
    • beoport + lp2 (audiomaster)
    • mac mini (early 2009). connected to beoport by audio jack. connected to bv7 by displayport->hdmi. not in puc, no ir cable.

i set lp2 up as follows :

• beoport = connected to masterlink. green indicator.
    • ir receiver = none. inactive light.
    • audiomaster = this mac is audiomaster. inactive light.
    • videomaster = mac is connected to tv. with responds to n.music and n.radio. inactive light.
    • linkremote = responds. green light.
    • apple remote = not responds. inactive light.
    • sources = n.music:music n.radio:radio

when i try to access n.music from my bc6 i got no reaction of any kind. am i missing something ? should i configure as if the mac is not connected to bv7, is this what no videomaster means ?

any and all help appreciated. additional thanks to phil and elephant for helping me get this far.

- scott

• 02-22-2012 9:16 AM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Hi Phil,

Great to see that you are back.  My grandchildren are now enjoying "The Emperor"..... nice job!

I use the 2nd audio out socket (the one on the back of the beoport, it usually has a sticker covering the output) to connect to a Cyrus audio system in our kitchen.  This facility is really useful as this 2nd audio output carries whatever is the current masterlink source and once activated is not dependant upon having the Mac powered up.  I only use this facility when my Mac is sleeping but I wish to listen to a master link source - my BS9000 for example which is located in another room.

I use the powerlink output from the Beoport as the "standard" audio input into the Cyrus. These outputs both worked on LinkPlayer 0.9.5, although the audio output on the back of the Beoport was only active whilst the app was loaded and the Mac awake. In other words if I wanted to listen to my BS9000 on my Cyrus system, then I had to have the Mac powered up.

The point of explaining all of this is that with the BM-Link software (which I have long since abandoned in favour of LinkPlayer) the "Audio Out - on the Beoport's back panel" is ALWAYS active.  In other words even when the Mac is sleeping the Beoport can be used to output the current masterlink source.  On Linkplayer 0.9.5 the output was active ONLY when the LinkPlayer app was active and under Linkplayer 2 it doesn't work at all.  Is it possible that in Linkplayer 2 you could activate the 2nd audio out and leave that channel activated when you sleep the Mac?
    I am still using Linkplayer1 at the moment as iTunes integration isn't present yet in Linkplayer2.  Is this part of the project close to completion?

Looking forward to the next beta.

--Phil

• 02-27-2012 4:01 AM In reply to

• carlito
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 97
    • Silver Member

Hi Phil

I had no chance that LP2 is running well on my system. I'm still use LP1.0 in Option 4.
    My Ausiomaster is a Beocenter 2 with Beolab 5 and several Linkrooms with Beolab 3500.

I had problems with overlapping sound (iTunes was OFF) and the Display on the Beocenter wrotes only N-Music, but no Metadata informations. LP1.0 is still running stable, but not able to handle to two ore more LinkRemotes!

Will try the next Beta.

Page 5 of 5 (119 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5