in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-13-2011 5:51 AM by frog. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-07-2011 7:08 PM

BV7-40 II and Sky HD - Pause When Entering Chanel Numbers....

Hi All,

I have my BeoVision 7-40 Mk II connected to Sky HD with DVI and co-ax audio as well as a SCART cable.  I have the IR sender to the Sky HD box, and use both my Beo4 and Beo5 remotes with this setup.

Everything works exactly as advertised, but when I type channel numbers in manually there's a pause of up to 30 seconds before the numbers are sent to the Sky HD box.  This problem is not evident when I use the original Sky+ remote.

I can use the Sky EPG, but this problem prevents me from using preset channel buttons on my Beo5, so I'd really like to get to the bottom of it!  I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.....

Thanks,

Simon. 

• 08-08-2011 2:47 AM In reply to

Re: BV7-40 II and Sky HD - Pause When Entering Chanel Numbers....

everything else works ok?? up down etc?

• 08-08-2011 4:51 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

You may be able to work around the problem in the STB Setup menu.  After selecting SKY + another menu displays the way the box interacts with the controller, select manual here, rather than the other options. Then turn everything off for 5mins.

See how you go, it solved the problem for us.

BTW the other options are to auto sense the state of the Sky box. When this process does not work the number selection fails on most STB boxes.

beoaus.

• 08-09-2011 10:30 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Check that Scart control is set to "ON" in the Sky box set up menu.

Also check that your scart lead is connected to the socket marked "TV" not the socket marked "VIDEO" on the back of your Sky box.

Regards

Opman

• 08-12-2011 7:23 PM In reply to

>>> Check that Scart control is set to "ON" in the Sky box set up menu.

Bingo!  That solved the problem.  I assumed that all commands from the BV7 were sent to the Sky+ HD box through IR, but it seems that numbers are passed most reliably over SCART.  I still don't understand why the delay occurred, though; surely it'd either work over IR or not?!?!

My thanks to all who replied - it'll make our BV7 setup much nicer to use with Beo5 from now on!

Regards,

Simon.

• 08-13-2011 5:51 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Slightly off topic (sorry), but I use these: http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/keene-electronics/keene-wired-eye-ir-to-rf-controller/KWE.html

Removes the need for the IR blaster on the front of the Sky box - and extremely reliable.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)