in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-07-2011 4:50 AM by kmumme. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2011 2:03 PM

Various error photos of BS5

Hi I'm new member of Beoworld!!!!

Please take a look error pictures of BS5

I tried several kinds connecting with non-B&O tv.

Using DVI-hdmi cable, USB extention cable

Now my BS 5 back to normal.

I recommend that do not use after maket USB extention cable.

But I'm still trying to connect non-B&O tv and BM5 using PHOTO and WEB menu through IR eye sensor.

Can anyone knows about that?

Thank you.

Jack.

• 08-05-2011 4:00 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Various error photos of BS5

You connected your BS5 to TV DVI output. Have a look into the manual.

Stefan
  • 08-05-2011 4:38 PM In reply to

Thank you for reply Stefan.

I didn't connect DVI out put of BM5.(I know manual very well). Also It didn't work. Just show up. Also I didn't touch any button. beo4 too.

That picture show up around 30 seconds nothing work and than disappear.

Jack.

• 08-05-2011 5:00 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Sorry. What we can See on your BS5 screen is exactly what your Beovision should display - but in wrong format.

I know there is no BV in your setup.... BM5 has two DVI outputs, just try the other one...

Stefan
  • 08-06-2011 5:03 AM In reply to

Jack,

What you can try is reset the beoSound 5 to factory defaults (compleet reboot) it won't affect youre music.

In some cases the BeoSound 5 has a sort off memory for the display ports and send out the wrong video channel to the wrong video port.

when you did the reset first connect the beosound 5 without the usb extension

• 08-06-2011 10:23 AM In reply to

jack001:

Thank you for reply Stefan.

I didn't connect DVI out put of BM5.(I know manual very well). Also It didn't work. Just show up. Also I didn't touch any button. beo4 too.

That picture show up around 30 seconds nothing work and than disappear.

Jack.

could you give us a detailed (really detailed) information how you connected the BS5 & BM5?

Did you install software on the BM5 (external desktop connection f.e.)? If yes, please which software is installed? 

• 08-06-2011 1:11 PM In reply to

Thank you for your reply Carpola!

Pop up window(last picture) show up when I tried BM5 and non B&O tv by DVI-HDMI cable. It was disappear use by DVI-RGB cable.

Other pictures was show up

1. Use after market USB extention cable(other BS5 cables use original 9meters) : Any reaction except blinking led light (over an hour)

2. After disconnect all the BS5 cables and reconnet 4.5meters original cables: It show up first and second pictures for 30 seconds and disappear.(after that led light blinking over an hour with small cursor appear left side of BS5.)

Also I connected IR eye sensor.

3. Finally I bought original USB extension cable(4.5meters) and reconnect with original 9 meters cables than back to normal.

However I am still do not know how can I use photo and web menu through the IR eye sensor (there are no reaction) with non B&O tv.

My B&O system BS9000 & BM5/BS5 joined by ML. My BS5 use slave of BS9000.(No audio master)

Jack.
  • 08-06-2011 3:04 PM In reply to

Hi Jack,

reconsidering I do not think your wished setup with a non B&o tv would work. The istallation guide doesn't say anything about a non B&o tv-set (there are even restrictions to older B&o tv's)

The problem will be the instructions/commands for the BM5 to start WEB and/or Photo to your non B&o tv and at the same time work correctly with N.Music & N.Radio on the BS5.

If you choose to solemnly use the BM5 then it would I think be possible to use all features. But than you are stuck with a unused BS5 unit!

• 08-07-2011 4:50 AM In reply to

Hi Jack,

I'm trying since month, to use the web and Photo's on a non B&O TV. It doesn't work!!!

For me, it is no problem to get the main screen on my Pioneer plasma, but the IR-Sensor on the BM5 still doesn't work. So you can't choose the web and photo menu items on the screen. I'm waiting since I bought the BS5 in January 2009 for this feature but I think, B&O did not realize it anymore.

Kai

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)