in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-01-2011 5:41 PM by lano. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2011 8:22 PM

• aSkovk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Please help: Masterlink Gateway - Dimmer and Lighting Controls / Home automation system

Hey guys,

Been troubling with this for a few days now and can't really get the hang of it. So I'll throw it out here and hope for someone to save my day. It's a problem regarding the Masterlink Gateway and how it will work with the Home automation / IHC Viewer Controller and the iPhone. The setup right now is that I've got:

- Masterlink Gateway
    - LK IHC Viewer Controller
    - iPhone

These 3 'devices' are all connected to the same network (Dlink router).

The situation is this: My Masterlink Gateway has been set up working with all my B&O devices (BeoVision, BeoLab, BeoSound etc) and is working nicely with the iPhone as a 'remote' over wireless. I would also like to be able to control the IHC in every room and therefore I've added the LK IHC Controller on the Masterlink Gateway configuration page. I've then put in the correct IP address and loaded the .VIS project onto here. I have also marked the input and output that I'd like. 

From here I've went to 'Macros'. I'm not sure that I've done this part right (as it doesn't work), even though I find the choices I've made here fairly logical. In a created Macro I have done the following:

Events triggering this macro: Put in a virtual button with id: 1.
    Commands executed by this macro: Put in a input for a touchfunction on light in the livingroom.

When I then connect to the Masterlink Gateway through the Beolink application on the iPhone, I will access the room where I've assigned the virtual button to. When I push this virtual button (which shall execute the input), it does nothing. Instead I get a error response on the configuration page of the Masterlink Gateway which says like this:

2011-07-23 20:57:32 notice server: BeoLinkDriver: BlCore: Accepting MLGW Protocol connections on TCP
    2011-07-23 20:57:33 notice server: Initializing configuration
    2011-07-23 20:57:33 notice server: IHC/LexControl: IHC: Connecting to URL <http://192.168.0.22/ws/OpenAPIService>
    2011-07-23 20:57:33 warn server: LkDriver: LkReceiveEvents: exception on Web Service method Wait for events: XML parse error 

Anyone experienced this before? Would be very thankful if anyone has got an idea on how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Anders 

• 07-24-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Re: Please help: Masterlink Gateway - Dimmer and Lighting Controls / Home automation system

Hi Anders!

I don't have MLGW yet, but I'm thinking about getting one as I also have a LK IHC system in my home. From what I have read you need to patch the IHC controller in order to get it to work. Have this been done? Below is what I found in the installtion guide (http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/source/documents/mlgw_1.70a/MLGW%20Installation%20Guide.pdf) that might be of help if you don't have already. I'm very interested in hearing how you think the MLGW works with IHC when you get it to work!

! If the selected device is an IHC-controller, it has to be a viewer version and it is necessary to patch new API firmware into the IHC-controller to ensure compatibility. To order the firmware please contact Lauritz Knudsen on phone (+45) 44207200 or kundeservice@lk.dk.
    The following information must be included in the request: 
    - Serial number on the IHC-controller 
    - Installation contractor (name and address) 
    - Bang & Olufsen store (name and address) 
    - Customer (name, address and e-mail) 
    When the above-mentioned information is given to the Lauritz Knudsen customer service, the API-patch is delivered to the customer by e-mail.

/Lars

• 07-24-2011 7:06 PM In reply to

• aSkovk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Re: Please help: Masterlink Gateway - Dimmer and Lighting Controls / Home automation system

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your quick response - I'll be happy to answer any question you might have about MLGW and IHC when this has been set up.

I do have a viewer version (just changed from the old IHC Controller with RS232 to the Viewer version in order to be able to obtain an IP address). The IHC Viewer Controller has the newest firmware. But as I see, this is not necessarily the same as the API firmware as this seems to be delivered by email. When looking at the manual I must have confused this with normal firmware. 

I'll be calling LK customer service this morning and I will be sure to get back to you here in this thread.

Thanks Lars,
    Anders

• 07-25-2011 4:23 AM In reply to

• aSkovk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

It works now - called the support, they emailed me some API firmware, upgraded by firmwareloader and now it's all up and running :)

Thanks Lars,
    Anders 

• 07-25-2011 6:06 AM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Glad to hear that it works!

Have you had time to test anything yet? How is the response, both when say changing a chanel on a TV and turning on/off lights? Is it direct or is there a delay?

/Lars

• 07-25-2011 8:19 AM In reply to

Hi guys!

I've been running this configuration for six months. I think the response time is very good from the iphone, both controlling the B&O equipment or ex channels or for turn on lights. I also have a BeoPort connected which control my MacMini with EyeTV (PC Source).

For information, there is a patch which can reset the IHC-controller if you break the configuration. I did an experiment and change the default port from 80 -> 443 and the secure port (HTTPS) from 443->80. DO NOT TEST THAT! =) 

• 07-25-2011 9:59 AM In reply to

• aSkovk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Lars, I've had some time to test the various devices:

Whether you are changing a channel on the television, a song on the beosound or turning on/off lights, there is a really fast and nice response between the iPhone and the Masterlink Gateway. No delay at all --> exactly the same as using a remote.

On the other hand, I've experienced that the Masterlink Gateway does NOT support the light to be changing in 'strength' while your pushing the button on the iPhone. I can imagine that this will be available in a patch soon to come, but I don't know for sure.

• 07-25-2011 10:50 AM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Nice to here that it works so good (fast response)! From what I've read it's not possible keep a button pressed on the Iphone to dim the lights since it will only send send a puls (on/off) to the IHC controller even if you keep a button pressed. In order to dim the light you need to have a functionblock that starts to dim at the first puls and stop on a second puls (or have a scenario that dim the lights).

/Lars

• 07-25-2011 10:58 AM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

spezializten:

I also have a BeoPort connected which control my MacMini with EyeTV (PC Source).

Can you control the Beoport from the Iphone? If so how is it done, directly from the MLGW or through a Audio/Video master? What do you use to view the EyeTV (PC Source), have you connected the MacMini to a B&O TV?

/Lars

• 07-25-2011 4:55 PM In reply to

I have the beoport connected to a BV8-40. The BeoPort is responding to the PC-command from ML thanks to LinkPlayer.
  • 07-28-2011 3:50 AM In reply to

can you control mlgw with 3g?

mlgw does not work correctly with my netgearSG3000 router , it works very well whit local wifi, but not whit 3G infortenly :(

What can i do ? I try everything i put all the thing in Active Forwardingand still dosent work.

Thanks
  • 08-20-2011 10:37 AM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

After having used the MLGW for a while otgehter with IHC, what are your thoughts now? What are you most happy with and what could improve? Is there some features that you recommend? How often do you use the Beolink app?

• 09-01-2011 5:41 PM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Hi!

Did any of you got the message below? The VIS projects are identically. any thoughs why I gets this problem?

2011-09-01 23:24:10 warn server: IHC lost all subscriptions; IHC has been reset or VIS project in controller and MLGW are different. Retrying in 5s.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)