in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-19-2011 3:47 PM by Ulf. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2011 4:32 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

and again... LOL !!

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-14-2011 4:59 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: LOL !!

Ridiculous.
    I wonder what the price was new.
    It's used now so will need deactivating and getting used to the new surroundings and owner.

If I use it for the light in my fishtank, will the fish look more real ?

Martin

• 07-14-2011 5:22 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Dillen:

It's used now so will need deactivating and getting used to the new surroundings and owner.

I do hope that was sarcasm..  Huh?

• 07-14-2011 5:49 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

doubt that, but I am sure the fish will be happy with the new acoustic properties of the lamp system Laughing

Olly.

• 07-15-2011 3:14 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

9 LEE:

Dillen:

I do hope that was sarcasm..  Huh?

Why ? Did you actually consider buying it ?  Laughing

The new owner will obviously have to ship it back to the producer before showing it its new setup. They will then
    inspect it, demagnetize the copper and vaccuum out any debris and other remains left inside by
    the previous owners mains. This is particularly important if the cable has been used with coal produced electricity and/or
    in areas with high winds and a long distance to the nearest transformer station.
    In most cases, they will also polish out any surface marks on the side of the insulation
    that faces the copper to give the electrons a cleaner and smoother ride.
    The screws will also be tightened and if any of the gold plating on the threading is found to be below a certain
    minimum thickness, the affected screw(s) will be replaced.
    With all new screws and a proper burn-in time, you won't believe your ears.

I recently heard of a situation where a new owner couldn't make one of these cables sound right.
    He returned it and upon close inspection it was found out that one of the factory workers
    had accidentally used DC solder instead of AC.
    Bummer.

One thing I don't understand though, is how they can make the same cable work equally good in 50 and 60 Hz areas ?

Martin

• 07-15-2011 7:22 AM In reply to

• psand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-05-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

Dillen:

Ridiculous.
    I wonder what the price was new.

I managed to dig up some marketing blurb and a list price of £1,195 for the 1.5 meter cable. The part on experimenting with revised internal wiring configurations is quite funny:

“The Chord Sarum Power Cable uses gold plated Furutech connectors. The engineers were able to experiment extensively with different types of connectors and wiring configurations, in the listening tests Chord decided that the build quality of the Furatech was consistently better and was extremely impressed with the overall build quality.

The engineers were able to experiment with revised internal wiring configurations on the plug itself, which is not possible within a conventional mains plug.

Available in 3 standard lengths of 1 metre, 1.5 metre and 2 metre with the option to add additional metres upon request.

Every Sarum cable is hand made and uses silver plated multi strand oxygen free copper in order to provide the very best in signal without any loss or interference.

But is not just about the cable itself, each strand of the Sarum cable has been precision polished to ensure a microscopically smooth surface before being plated with a heavy layer of silver.

With Teflon insulation, its widely acknowledged as being the best dielectric material to use in order to offer the very finest insulation from surrounding cables or shields.”

• 07-15-2011 7:39 AM In reply to

Dillen:
    One thing I don't understand though, is how they can make the same cable work equally good in 50 and 60 Hz areas ?

These cables are made for 50 Hz only, in 60Hz areas they will only work at riptide and full moon.

The 60Hz version is a black cable with white jacks, as it handles 20% more HZ it cost nearly the double because of thicker gold plating and reverse spun copper leads.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 07-15-2011 7:55 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Søren Mexico:

Dillen:

These cables are made for 50 Hz only, in 60Hz areas they will only work at riptide and full moon.

The 60Hz version is a black cable with white jacks, as it handles 20% more HZ it cost nearly the double because of thicker gold plating and reverse spun copper leads.

I found someone who was actually impressed by all that...  !!

• 07-15-2011 9:37 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Laughing
    Curl up the excess length of that cable and you can see its nice properties fly out the window.
    It will only work properly if kept strictly straight.

Well at least they've got the last meter or two covered fairly alright but I wonder if they ever thought
    about the inwall wiring, the quality of the outlets, switches, fuseboxes, meters and the rest of the 20 Km cable length
    from the power-station with all its connections, splicings and transformers, let alone what goes on
    inside the amplifier or whatever it feeds.

Oxygen-free copper. Bah.
    Truth is that copper is actually a fairly bad conductor unless used supercold.
    Any cheap multimeter will easily tell its resistance, oxygen-free or not.

I'm impressed too. Mainly that some people actually buy those cables.
    I think, I will start producing something similar. My biggest problem would be to stop laughing.  Laughing

Martin

• 07-15-2011 1:41 PM In reply to

I have always liked the posts you can use around the floor to support the power and signal cables; apparently they don't like to touch anything or the sound suffers. These are very affordable:

http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/4600

-mika

• 07-15-2011 2:51 PM In reply to

Love this thread. Yes -  thumbs up Good to start the weekend with some audiophile jibba jabba. Big Smile

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-17-2011 10:31 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Just needs connecting to THIS & away you go.

Huh?

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-17-2011 11:23 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

I want to know if the company offers the teflon tape modification as an optional extra, or is that the super deluxe version..?

Olly.

• 07-17-2011 11:59 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Oh no.  Ick!
    It never stops...  Laughing

Martin

• 07-17-2011 1:54 PM In reply to

Step1:

I want to know if the company offers the teflon tape modification as an optional extra, or is that the super deluxe version..?

Most AC connection hardware is designed for reliable and safe operation, not for minimum susceptibility to audio system vibrations. Stiff springs will have strong acoustic resonances. The Teflon tape tweak provides a safe and benign material to dampen the acoustic resonances built in to most AC hardware.

Leslie this is about plumbers tape, as you live below see level, maybe you should try this before the next flooding.Big Smile

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 07-17-2011 4:33 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Søren Mexico:

Step1:

Leslie this is about plumbers tape, as you live below see level, maybe you should try this before the next flooding.Big Smile

Certainly wouldn't want to bung those holes up with your finger (Hans Brinker style) lol!

Olly.

• 07-18-2011 1:18 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Specialty power, interconnect, and speaker cable talk always makes me think back to the good old days when people believed green marker around the perimeter of CDs made them sound better.

I hear voodoo dolls work, also.

It's this simple:  if you believe something will sound better after some tweak or another, it will.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 07-18-2011 2:00 PM In reply to

Rich:

It's this simple:  if you believe something will sound better after some tweak or another, it will.

You just caught the over-hyped fashions of audiophile business. The placebo effect is working if you really believe that the change makes the big difference.

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 07-19-2011 3:47 PM In reply to

• Ulf
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 665
    • Bronze Member

www.audio-tuning-tools.de

Only German but very nice ;)

Voodoo ???