in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-17-2011 3:25 PM by koning. 59 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2011 6:14 AM In reply to

Re: BS5 sw update

Vienna:

Defender:

This afternoon i started net music:. After the SW update many CD's are split into two or three parts. Sometimes with the same cover, or three parts with two covers. The last week it did work very well, but I begin to loose my confidence in it. I did not expect from B&O that a SW update ruins the music library. 

After updating my BS/BM5 I missed some covers.

Solution was:  Deleting the "database"  (OF COURSE NOT THE MUSIC-FILES) helped.

Afterwards BS/BM 5 rebuilds a new database from scratch.

I do not think it will solve the problem. Presumably on some tag's there are different artists.

For example: Neil Young as Albumartist and Neil Young & Crazy Horse as Artist will create this! If I'm right both artist will show up and both times you will be shown the track (which is actually the same track!).

And to make thing "worse": This is how the tag's are mend to be so one can differantiate between Albumartist and Artist.

the solution is always name the Albumartist and the Artist the same

• 07-15-2011 6:57 AM In reply to

Before the update I had this problem as well and indeed, I solved it bij making for every CD the album the same. The field Albumartiest is always empty.

In the new situation however, after the SW update, the files are split as well, but the fields are the same. It the moment I can't find the difference.

In fact it's crazy that I have to analyse everything as a nerd to keep it working.

I hope the problem can be solved.

• 07-15-2011 2:03 PM In reply to

A perfect tagging is needed to feel convenience! Had same problems starting with be BS5/BM5; my music comes from iTunes; there are much more possibilities to rank your music - B&O just used few (artist, album, song, ...?) whereas within iTunes you can have different artist names within one album without creating a "new" album;
    what I did: first changed tagging like example carolpa gave
    second: getting a tagging-software (tritag for apple) which shows the "real" tag and saves changes - iTunes does not write every changes which are made - I went nuts because some songs had no artist on the BS5 but within iTunes everything was fine; I even called BeoSupport -> they told me to look carefully to the tags

Now everything's fine - just know how!

regards elmar 

• 07-15-2011 2:45 PM In reply to

I am also happy again! My dealer came to assist me today. Just as elmar wrote, the solution is not to sort in i tunes, but in the BS5/BM5 shared directory with your computer (e.d. directory on de BS5/BM5). All problems are solved and can be solved in this way. I just had a lack of knowlegde of the system.

Thanks all fo your reactions & have nice weekend!

Best regards,

B

• 07-16-2011 2:36 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Here is something I just learned from the software update that is pretty cool, though it may have been obvious to everyone but me, using the free eyecon app and a BeoSound 8.

Activate "server" from expanded Settings (> < > < "go" "service settings" "music server" "yes") in BeoSound 5.  Using the eyecon app (I had to actually delete the app and start it again, but my competence comes and goes), search for local servers.  The BeoMaster 5 shows up as a source, and you can then access BeoMaster 5 via your iThing, or place it on the BeoSound 8 and have a not-so-rich person's link room with independent access to the BeoMaster.  As they said on the chain gang, "smoke 'em if you got 'em".    

One caveat; It only plays iThing eligible tracks, so my FLAC and WMA lossless files won't.  I'll call it poetic justice.  

• 07-17-2011 1:01 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

MEDIA:CONNECT

works great. Gives covers etc.

I recommend.

Also, the pay version allows you to download songs on to the iOS device for playback when not connected to the network.

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 07-17-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

Carolpa:

I do not think it will solve the problem. Presumably on some tag's there are different artists.

For example: Neil Young as Albumartist and Neil Young & Crazy Horse as Artist will create this! If I'm right both artist will show up and both times you will be shown the track (which is actually the same track!).

And to make thing "worse": This is how the tag's are mend to be so one can differantiate between Albumartist and Artist.

the solution is always name the Albumartist and the Artist the same

I only have the BM5 right now, and here Artist = Song Artist, and I plan getting the BS5 as well, and expected that Cover will be the Album Artist? Is this not correct?

Otherwise, it does not make sense that this "new" audio platform from B&O does not support normal tagging as in iTunes, MediaMonkey or likewise.

There is something about B&O.....

• 07-18-2011 6:18 AM In reply to

You can place any cover in the tag of a track. Its up to you. The picture in the tag is shown, so it's independant of the Artist or Album Artist 

This said you can place different covers/pictures in different tracks.

• 07-18-2011 8:30 AM In reply to

• jonasrosen
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-30-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Exciting software update,I have played around with the android 2playerand andromote apps, they connect with BeoMaster5 and it is possible to set the renderer to BeoSound. I have BeoMaster as audiomaster and when I use the android apps they take control of the BeoSound/BeoMaster (contolling volume, showing up in the BeoSound etc), however, I dont get any sound from my speakers. Reading the updated BeoSound5 I got the impression that you dont need any other devices, but is it so that I need to plug in something from my smartphone (using HTC Desire) to the BeoMaster ?

BV8-40, BV7-32, BL7-1, BS5, BM5, BM1, BL3, BS1, Beocom4

• 09-17-2011 3:25 PM In reply to

BMGHB:

B&O will release an APP (a player) for BeoSound 5 this summer...

I wish i had more details but thats all i know :(

Any news about this app

Page 3 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3