in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-17-2011 3:25 PM by koning. 59 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-13-2011 8:17 AM In reply to

Re: BS5 sw update

I'm using an app on the iPad called "eyecon." With it, it can recognize even the BeoMaster 5 itself as a music source and allow me to select music on it to play on the BeoSound 5 via A.Aux. Thus, this is giving us the ability to control the BeoSound 5 via the iPad. You just use your finger on the iPad to drag the song from the "results" column and drop it in the "play" column. However, we lose the cover art on the BeoSound 5.

• 07-13-2011 8:28 AM In reply to

Update: The eyecon iPad app also can search the internet for a song/artist and let me play the selected result on the BeoSound 5! It shows the song and artist on the BeoSound 5 screen but shows no cover art. 

While the app can let you type in a song/artist to search from sources other than the BeoMaster 5 (including the internet), the search function doesn't seem to provide any results from searching the BeoMaster 5 library. It only lets you scroll through the BeoMaster 5 library with a flick of your finger. Still pretty cool to finally have control of the BeoSound 5 using the iPad!

• 07-13-2011 8:49 AM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

One app to try out is called PlugPlayer - there is version for iPhone and Android and you can even control the blue volume bar from BeoSound 5 display with it. It costs couple euros.

http://www.plugplayer.com/

• 07-13-2011 8:52 AM In reply to

Update 2: You can download a free app for your Mac or PC called EyeconTunes that will make your computer's iTunes library discoverable and searchable on the Eyecon app on the iPad, which will then play the selection via A.Aux on the BeoSound 5.

• 07-13-2011 11:28 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

beojeff:

Update 2: You can download a free app for your Mac or PC called EyeconTunes that will make your computer's iTunes library discoverable and searchable on the Eyecon app on the iPad, which will then play the selection via A.Aux on the BeoSound 5.

Good catch.  Thanks, it works well.  I am not getting artwork.  

Twonky Mobile gives artwork but doesn't do iTunes, costs $2.99, and is using memory on the iPhone.  

• 07-13-2011 11:56 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all about playing music that is stored on your phone through your BS5, not using your phone to select and play songs already stored on the BS5... correct?

Stan

• 07-13-2011 12:32 PM In reply to

Stan:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all about playing music that is stored on your phone through your BS5, not using your phone to select and play songs already stored on the BS5... correct?

Stan

The Eyecon app that I'm using let's you search and select any sources connected to your network, including your computer's iTunes and the BeoMaster 5 library, then it sends that music to the BeoSound 5 to be played via the A.Aux. Since the BeoMaster 5 library is a source on the network, this indirectly (but quite effectively) gives you control over the BeoMaster 5. However, it's not truly the same as directly controlling the BeoSound 5. There is no MOTS, no artwork, and the BS5 source is A.Aux rather than N.Music. The app also lets you search YouTube and send the sound to the BeoSound 5. The iPhone/iPad version does not yet access music stored on the iPhone/iPad; however, the Android version does let you access music on the Android.

• 07-13-2011 3:03 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

beojeff:

... then it sends that music to the BeoSound 5 to be played via the A.Aux....

which means the BS5 must be the an audio master?

thanks very much for your help so far...

Stan

• 07-13-2011 5:05 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

I have HTC Wildfire S and used a free app called "Skifta". It worked perfectly with BeoSound5 both ways.

I can play music stored on my phone through the BeoSound5 AND I can search for music stored on BeoMaster5 and play back on the phone. Via the headphone socket I can play through any AUX socket.

Opman

• 07-13-2011 5:39 PM In reply to

Stan:

beojeff:

... then it sends that music to the BeoSound 5 to be played via the A.Aux....

which means the BS5 must be the an audio master?

thanks very much for your help so far...

Stan

You're correct. All of these new features require the BeoSound 5 to act as audio master. Otherwise, the A.Aux command on the remote would, for example, activate the A.Aux socket of an audio master such as the BeoCenter 2.

• 07-13-2011 8:33 PM In reply to

Dealer tells me Twonky is recommended by B and O but I am unable to get it to work. It connects but when song is selected it says it can not start playing it. I have had success with 8player but much of the cover art does not work.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 07-13-2011 8:59 PM In reply to

I tried Twonky on iPad and was able to get it to work. Interestingly it will turn the entire system on or switch it from TV to music when a track is selected.

• 07-14-2011 1:41 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Can you only play MP3-Songs from Beomaster 5 on your phone/iPad or can I listen to the WMA-Losless Songs, too?
    My complete music database is ripped to WMA-Losless because I dont' see any sense to buy a 5000 Euro Music System and listen to MP3s with it Wink

• 07-14-2011 8:33 AM In reply to

I bought and tried the Twonky app on the iPad. It worked at first but only for a few songs. Then, it kept saying that it couldn't play the song. It displayed the BM5 cover art, but it downgraded all of the cover art to a low resolution. I personally would rather have no cover art than low-res cover art.

I'm having fun with the EyeCon app playing YouTube sound through the BeoSound 5. I was curious if it might stream the video clips to the BeoMaster 5 when it was in PC mode on the TV. I tried it, but all it did was turn off the TV and turn on the BeoSound 5 to play audio only.

• 07-14-2011 9:02 AM In reply to

I have tried with varying success many of the apps suggested.  However does anyone know if B&O is releasing apps or at least more information?  Are the new USB cables and adapter available?

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 07-14-2011 9:59 AM In reply to

Linder - I have got my Beosound 5 working as an Airplay speaker via my iPad, iPhone and iTunes on my Mac. Just purchased the adapter at the link below then hooked it up to an Airport Express. Now I use the Airplay feature from link rooms so I can see and select my audio and then use the Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 when in the same room as the device.

The adapter is here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UCA222-U-Control/dp/B0023BYDHK/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3

Hope this helps.

• 07-14-2011 10:07 AM In reply to

andyt1979:

Linder - I have got my Beosound 5 working as an Airplay speaker via my iPad, iPhone and iTunes on my Mac. Just purchased the adapter at the link below then hooked it up to an Airport Express. Now I use the Airplay feature from link rooms so I can see and select my audio and then use the Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 when in the same room as the device.

The adapter is here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UCA222-U-Control/dp/B0023BYDHK/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3

Hope this helps.

It is a great idea.  I'm going to try it.  Thanks

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 07-14-2011 10:17 AM In reply to

B&O will release an APP (a player) for BeoSound 5 this summer...

I wish i had more details but thats all i know :(

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 07-14-2011 11:25 AM In reply to

That's very good news

• 07-14-2011 3:18 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

I'd recommend using PlugPlayer for the iPhone/iPad.  Its the simplest to set up and it doesn't look like a 10 year old designed it.  I spend a good portion of the day yesterday playing around with a number of uPnP remotes and this is the one I happen to like the best!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 07-14-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

I found an iPhone app called iMediacontrol. It is working very well. Even turns the B and O equipment on.

• 07-14-2011 5:48 PM In reply to

I found another app. eLyric for iPad. Not only does it turn on the B and O, volume can be controlled from it, although it is a bit sensitive and easy to turn up too loud accidentally. Also, when an album is playing, touching the small icon opens it up to full page including album notes. Unfortunately, not all cover art is present.

• 07-14-2011 7:31 PM In reply to

Yesterday I received the new update:

This afternoon i started net music:. After the SW update many CD's are split into two or three parts. Sometimes with the same cover, or three parts with two covers. The last week it did work very well, but I begin to loose my confidence in it. I did not expect from B&O that a SW update ruins the music library. 

I am very disappointed about this one week old BS5: my feelings are getting worse and worse about this machine. I begin to regret that I not have bought a BS9000: just plug and play.

B

• 07-15-2011 4:36 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Defender:

This afternoon i started net music:. After the SW update many CD's are split into two or three parts. Sometimes with the same cover, or three parts with two covers. The last week it did work very well, but I begin to loose my confidence in it. I did not expect from B&O that a SW update ruins the music library. 

After updating my BS/BM5 I missed some covers.

Solution was:  Deleting the "database"  (OF COURSE NOT THE MUSIC-FILES) helped.

Afterwards BS/BM 5 rebuilds a new database from scratch.

• 07-15-2011 4:44 AM In reply to

Vienna,

Thanks for the info. This afternoon my dealer will visit me and see if it can be solved: i will tell them your information. Did you also upload from i tunes?

Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >