in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-06-2011 4:08 PM by bernd74. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2011 5:51 AM

Direct controll a VU+Duo or Dreambox DM800HD Settopbox? Softwareupdate?

Is it possible to control this divices direct with a BEO 5 remote? I dont understand B&O that the Beo 5 RC is not open for all dives directly, like a Logitech Harmony.

How can I do a software/firmwareupdate with Beo5 Config Tool? It works only in offlinemode. There is no user and pass. I dont understand this.

Thx Bernd

• 06-04-2011 7:28 AM In reply to

Re: Direct controll a VU+Duo or Dreambox DM800HD Settopbox? Softwareupdate?

Hello Bernd,

The Beo5/6 can DIRECTLY control most (>98%) of third party products PROVIDED a suitable control XML file has been made.

bernd74:

How can I do a software/firmwareupdate with Beo5 Config Tool? It works only in offlinemode. There is no user and pass. I dont understand this.

Using the Configuration tool in the "offline" mode provides all the functionality needed, except for downloading new XML files. In other words unless you are a dealer you will not have a username and password.

If the firmware in your Beo5/6 needs updating this will automatically occur the next time you upload a new configuration to the Beo5/6 using the Configuration Tool.

Regards Keith....

• 06-04-2011 8:31 AM In reply to

Hi Keith!

Where can i get a xml-file for VU+Duo or Dreambox? In Beo5 Config Tool is it not possible without PUC to remote 3rd party Products.

Is it poosible to do a factory reset on Beo5?

Thanks, Bernd

• 06-04-2011 8:56 AM In reply to

bernd74:

Where can i get a xml-file for VU+Duo or Dreambox? In Beo5 Config Tool is it not possible without PUC to remote 3rd party Products.

Is it poosible to do a factory reset on Beo5?

When I and others talk about "DIRECT" control of a third party product we mean the IR signal goes from the Beo5/6 to the third party product WITHOUT the use of the PUC.

B&O ONLY produces DIRECT XML files for the 20 or so Accesessory partner products such as Lutron. For all other third party products which you need to control DIRECTLY then an XML file must be produced.

To reset your Beo5 is best done by switching it off by pressing and holding the Centre button.

Regards Keith....

• 06-04-2011 9:19 AM In reply to

OK. In which directory must I copy the xml file for a direct control(direct in folder third parties?)? Where can I get the xml for this settop boxes?

Thanks

• 06-04-2011 12:55 PM In reply to

The directory which holds XML files for DIRECT control is:-

C:\Bang & Olufsen\Beo5 Configuration Tool\ThirdParties

As previously explained, if a member of Beoworld has not made an XML file for these STB's, then you would have to make one yourself or get someone to make it for you, but before you can make it, you need to find the IR command codes for these STB's.

There are really three main ways of getting these IR codes:-

1. Capture them from the original remote (Best way)
    2. Find Pronto HEX codes on the web at sites like www.remotecentral.com
    3. Some manufacturers publish the codes on their web site

So, the first task is to find the IR codes for your two STB boxes.

Regards Keith....

• 06-04-2011 1:26 PM In reply to

I have found the hex ir-codes for VU+Duo Linux Settopbox. Its a RC5 Code. Can I send it per Mail?

Bernd

• 06-04-2011 1:30 PM In reply to

Since writing my last post I have managed to find the IR codes for these two products and I have made you two XML files as follows:-

1. You can download the Dreambox DM800HD XML file HERE
    2. You can download the VU+Duo XML file from HERE

Please test them let me know if they both work correctly

Regards Keith....

• 06-04-2011 1:39 PM In reply to

bernd74:

I have found the hex ir-codes for VU+Duo Linux Settopbox. Its a RC5 Code. Can I send it per Mail?

Dreambox uses XMP protocol and VU+Duo uses Philips RC6 protocol

Regards Keith....

• 06-04-2011 3:46 PM In reply to

Hey Keith!

Very good work!!! Testet on VU+Duo. Is works. But the "OK"-buttom and the cursor and the colour- buttoms doesnt work.

Thx Bernd

• 06-06-2011 4:08 PM In reply to

How can I program a IR time-out? Each press of a button makes the device a number of steps. Is it possible to programm the "OK" Buttom?

THX, Bernd

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)