in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2011 6:48 PM by RWST. 57 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-07-2011 3:36 AM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

Re: Any questions for the new CEO ?

"B&O always used to be 'space-age' and cutting edge with its design and function (think sliding doors, etc). When are they going to go back to having the 'wow' factor? At the moment everything is sort of becoming 'MOTS'....."

I will take up this question from jonathan and continue

While everyone is moving away from mechanical moving elements concentrating their efforts towards the abstract digital including software and UI design. 

Which importance will have mechanical designed products (like Beocenter2,Beosound1 ,Beovision 4-85 stand etc) in the future. Will B&o abandon this route or will we see more mechanically transforming products ?

TT

• 06-08-2011 7:10 AM In reply to

Hey Lee & Peter TODAY'S THE DAY! Good luck on interviewing that geezer! Hope it's lots of fun and inspiring!

• 06-08-2011 9:41 AM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Lee and Peter, have a great time today. Please don’t let him get away with just talking about all the new marketing channels for sales of the product, make sure that he talks about new products for the marketing channels.

• 06-08-2011 9:47 AM In reply to

Paul Winn:
    TODAY'S THE DAY!

Oh sugar!

Quickly and randomly...

1.) You are known in motorcycling circles as one of the greatest influences in the history of Triumph (certainly the modern iteration)... You had the fortune (or misfortune) of the factory fire which offered a bit of a clean slate approach to your task at hand. Does B&o need a literal "factory fire" or would you consider the launch of BeoNet to be a good cutting off point?

2.) A lot of folks have issues w/ B&o products not made in Denmark. With the growth in Asian markets, do you see B&o advancing their presence in Asia from a manufacturing perspective? Can you afford not to?

3.) In the lean present economic times -are you increasing spending in R&D? If so, are you spending cash?

4.) The announcement of your move to B&o was within a month after the announcement of the potential Danisco deal. Red herring on my part -or might B&o be attempting to ripen themselves?

5.) Boxers or briefs?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-08-2011 10:34 AM In reply to

Hey Burantek good questions!

PS. Briefs all the way baby! ;)

• 06-08-2011 6:26 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Hi all,

The interview went really well and was very enjoyable.  Tue Mantoni is a man-machine though..  he went out for a run before he met us for breakfast at 7am, then we just bumped into him in the hotel lobby now at 11.30pm (where we assumed he had just finished work).  However, he had someone waiting for a meeting with him - so his day hadn't even finished!  There is no question of his enthusiasm, dynamism and passion for building the brand.

Of course, i'll be writing a full report upon my return - but i think we will see some really nice entry level products before we see some killer high-end products.

As for boxers or briefs?  I think the man wears underpants.. on the outside... with a cape under his Hugo Boss suit jacket. Laughing

Thanks for all your questions, of which I think all were answered in one way or another.

Lee & Peter

(PS - Martin and his good lady joined us tonight for a meal on Veno (that's Dillen and Dullen) and what a lovely couple!  We were also joined by Frede Kristensen of Classic Audio.  The reason for the meal..  It was Peter's Birthday today!!  He wanted to keep it secret.. oops...)

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-08-2011 6:30 PM In reply to

Hey Lee wow sounds an amazing day! A very very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Peter from all of us!!!

Best

Paul

• 06-08-2011 6:48 PM In reply to

• RWST
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-12-2010
    • Amsterdam, NL
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Really anxious to read the full report!

Thank you Lee and Peter for the opportunity given to ask questions to B&O's new CEO. You don't always get the chance to do that.

Richard

Ps. Congrats to Peter

Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3