in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-05-2011 5:55 AM by moxxey. 49 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (50 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2011 3:48 PM

Beovision 10. Where to buy? London based

Dear all 

I'm a relatively new fan of B&O after being given a Beomaster 1000. 

I'm seriously considering buying a 40" Beovision 10 even though it's more than I ever thought I would ever spend on a TV. I get the impression that the price is pretty fixed. Am I right? Please tell me if I can get it cheaper elsewhere. 

If it is a fixed price, would you recommend any supplier? 

Many thanks 

Andrew

• 05-21-2011 3:57 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 10. Where to buy? London based

Why not see if you cannot source a used one? I would ask Lee , for instance, if he could find you one. Probably save you enough for some speakers. Personally, I would go for an HD BV5.

• 05-21-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

I love the BV10 i'm sure in today's recession, you can negotiate a discount!!!

I'm particually impressed with Bang & Olufsen of Hampstead, London.  Joe really seems to know his stuff and come's across as a top guy. Normally I run a mile from sales people but, he's a good guy!

• 05-21-2011 4:50 PM In reply to

I agree 100%, I've dealt with some of the other dealers in London and I have nothing but praise for the team in Hampstead.  It doesn't matter if you spend a few pounds or far more, they treat you exactly the same way.  I know because I started out spending only a few pounds.

Ask if there are any ex-display or second life TV's available.

• 05-22-2011 4:08 AM In reply to

Hi,

With my purchase on my BV10 i have negotiated acceptable discount. I purchased in December, 2 months after a 7000SEK / 800 Euro 'promotion' stopped. The dealer and I ended up with a discount in the same range.

When purchased it would be good to have a fixed agreement on installment. My BS9000 (in Holland) was installed with no extra costs and needed 3 guys for 4 hours (!) because of cabelling and such. Now for the BV10 I had 2 hours free installation and homedelivery. Nevertheless was the final installation bill around 3500 SEK / 400euro. Especially the HDMI cables where expensive. Appereantly the DVD-player and STB standard HDMI cables where not good enough Unsure  I was surprised, but on the other hand have (again) all the cables been put away nicely, the installation guy came alone.

Foremost, take the dealer that you feel best connected with and hopefully you will make you'r dreampuchase.

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 05-23-2011 6:15 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Andrew,

If I was you, as you are seriously interested in the TV, ask for a home demonstration.

This will have 2 benefits for you;

1. To see if the TV performs to your satisfaction in your own enviroment.

2. You will also have a demonstration of what  the dealers customer service is like (just as important as price IMHO).

Look forward to hearing the results of your quest, feel sure you'll just love the beoVision 10.

• 05-23-2011 7:36 AM In reply to

When I bought my BV8-40 and later a BV8-32 the technician of my dealer came to my home and stayed till everything was as I wished. He linked BS + BL + DVB-S + Bluray Player. All controlled with PUC. 

They did not charge anything for additional cables or installation. It was part of their customer service. I expect this as normal when buying a high end product.

I received a 10% discount for BV8-40 and 20% for BV8-32 cause this was the demonstration unit hanging in their shop.

The shop is in Austria.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 05-25-2011 5:16 AM In reply to

Obvious answer, from the dealer that gives you the best service! Help dealers remain in business by allowing them to make some money, buying Bang & Olufsen is not about finding the best price, it's about who you get on with and who you are happy to pay good money too.
  • 05-25-2011 5:41 AM In reply to

Point out to the dealer that in Germany buying a Beovision 10 before 15 July gets you a Beosound 8 thrown in for free. This may help you negotiate some sort of deal.

regards

Tim

• 05-25-2011 6:47 AM In reply to

WOW TIM!!! If they had that offer on BV10 in the UK, i'd buy one NOW!!!

• 05-25-2011 11:29 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Paul, B&O is talking right to you! Next thing you know they will offer orange BS8 frets! Laughing

Evan

• 05-25-2011 8:09 PM In reply to

HAHA Evan love it!!! BS8 next year i reckon.  BV10 or a new mountain bike and 2 amazing holidays hummmm i can always buy the TV when im old! Life is for adventure noW!!!

• 05-26-2011 4:55 AM In reply to

Paul the BeoSound 8 is now available with £50.00 worth of iTunes from my showroom. Take the plunge and treat yourself now...
  • 05-26-2011 6:14 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

WOW TIM!!! If they had that offer on BV10 in the UK, i'd buy one NOW!!!

Hi Paul,

Have you seen the offer here?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bang-Olufsen-N21/374880434454?sk=wall

Paul Winn:

HAHA Evan love it!!! BS8 next year i reckon.  BV10 or a new mountain bike and 2 amazing holidays hummmm i can always buy the TV when im old! Life is for adventure noW!!!

Maybe you could go for the TV adventure now Big Smile

Good luck whatever you decide

• 05-26-2011 1:23 PM In reply to

£50 of iTunes is a really excellent idea and offer for the BS8   FAB idea!!!   

Hi StUrrock thanks for posting the TV/BS8 offer

• 05-26-2011 1:52 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Having bought a Beovision 7-32 Mk4 which turned out to be a Mk3 i'm now looking at a 10-32, or a 8-40. The viewing distance is approx 10-12 feet..you decide!!!!!!! I'm exhausted looking to be honest so need your help. The 8 would be robust and bigger(kids) the 10 beautiful and probably better technology. Offers of such models would also be greatly appreciated(all you retailers) as i'm bored of looking at every B&O shops "pre owned sections"

Regards

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 05-26-2011 2:26 PM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

Available now at ANY B&O store!

BTW just listened to the last movement of Bruckner Symphony No8 on the Beosound 8.

Spine tingling!

• 05-26-2011 2:27 PM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

Available now at ANY B&O store!

BTW just listened to the last movement of Bruckner Symphony No8 on the Beosound 8.

Spine tingling!

• 05-26-2011 6:14 PM In reply to

Hey Chris - go for the BV10-32  it looks so timeless. It will be iconic!!!

Hey StUrrock - how do you rate the BS8?  Are you using an iPhone? Have you tried the 3 B&O equaliser settings? What is your opinion?   All of my music is on iTunes now. A mixture of 320kpbs CDs rips and 256kpbs iTunes downloads. 

• 05-28-2011 4:33 AM In reply to

Hi Paul I have my BeoSound 8 in the Kitchen on a worktop, against the wall and it's underneath a kitchen cupboard. The setting is on wall and sounds awesome. Its kind of sat in its own cabinet!?I have tried the free position and there was too much bass IMHO. I own an iPad and iPhone which both sound the same but I do like the screen size of the iPad when in use especially the clock feature on BeoPlayer.
  • 05-28-2011 6:37 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

Hey StUrrock - how do you rate the BS8?  Are you using an iPhone? Have you tried the 3 B&O equaliser settings? What is your opinion?   All of my music is on iTunes now. A mixture of 320kpbs CDs rips and 256kpbs iTunes downloads. 

Hi Paul,

Love the BS8!

Just for convenience and the ease of portability between a range of devices, I use the highest quality MP3 settings.

I'll have a go with the EQ settings and get back to you, would be interested in your thoughts.

• 05-28-2011 7:17 AM In reply to

chris:

as i'm bored of looking at every B&O shops "pre owned sections"

Regards

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/preowned  and search them all from one place.

• 05-28-2011 7:56 PM In reply to

rednik:

chris:

as i'm bored of looking at every B&O shops "pre owned sections"

Regards

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/preowned  and search them all from one place.

Thanks Chris - never knew that section existed; a strange list of countries ... that excludes Australia :-(

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-29-2011 9:33 AM In reply to

Hi w5bno123 thanks for that info. Sounds an awesome little piece of funky design!

Stuurock let me know how you get on with those settings. I've heard that 'enhance' is really nice and clear!

• 05-31-2011 10:45 AM In reply to

just to let you know. I couldn't justify it in the end. The Beovision 10 was going to cost at least 4 times as much as a good Sony TV. Maybe I can consider it again when budgets allow but there we go. 

Feel as though it maybe a mistake but there you go

Page 1 of 2 (50 items) 1 2 Next >