in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2011 11:56 AM by MikaelB. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-14-2011 5:39 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Bv7 bluray problem

Hi all Tonight we rented a bluray from a local shop and it would load to the trailer on the bv7 but not any further. We rushed out to the shops and rented the same film. Sat down and the bluray would not play at the same point. At this time I was getting more and more upset that my tv was playing up in front of my friends. Then went and got the ps3 from the bedroom and it played perfectly with both disks. What could this be any idea's?

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-14-2011 6:19 PM In reply to

Re: Bv7 bluray problem

Sounds like you need a front end update on your Blu-Ray player in your BV7. Additionally, a back-end update may cure the problem as well depending on the software you are running currently. 

BV7-40 MKIV, BeoVision Avant 32, BeoVision 8-32, BeoLab Penta MKIII, BeoLab 6000 x 3, BeoSound 9000 MKIII, BeoLab 7-4, BeoSound 4000, BeoPort, BeoVox S45-2, ML/MCL Convertors, A8's & Form 2's. 

• 05-15-2011 2:42 AM In reply to

I have the same problem with my PS3, Toy Story 3 plays through all the material, but goes black when the menu should appear. The PS3 is updatet to the latest software. Don't know if the problem it is the TV or the PS3. (BV7-MK3)

• 05-15-2011 2:48 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Toralfsen:

I have the same problem with my PS3, Toy Story 3 plays through all the material, but goes black when the menu should appear. The PS3 is updatet to the latest software. Don't know if the problem it is the TV or the PS3. (BV7-MK3)

Nope, this is a known problem with certain modern Blu-ray's, due to the encryption on the disc. I lent Inception to a friend with an old PS3 and he couldn't play the disc. Worked fine on both my recent PS3 and BV7-40.

• 05-15-2011 4:22 AM In reply to

Maybe the new software update for blu-ray in BeoVison 7 will solve the problem.

New firmware: 110324 (relased 27/4)

The new firmware will help the blu-ray playability with some titles:

- “Inglorious Basterds
    - “OSS 177”
    - “Robin Hood BD”
    - Disney Blu-ray and DVD

- Replay of “Avatar” may give a warning message about software update.
    - Audio interference when playing “Toy Story 2” and “Lords of the Rings Trilogy”
    - Intermittent picture freeze seen on “Sherlock Homes” and “Toy Story”

The update is possible with a CD-ROM with the firmware. Contact your dealer if you need the update with CD-ROM.

You can also update with ethernet-cable connected:

1. Before you switch on the TV, insert the Ethernet cable in the TV.

2. TV must be in standby, no disc in the loader. Press /DVD/, wait until 'NO DISC' is displayed on the screen and make sure the loader is closed.

3. Enter the Setup menu on your Beo5 by pressing /DVD setup/ (if you use a Beo4 press /YELLOW/ and then /8/).

4. Select 'ADVANCED' and press /GO/.

5. Select 'SOFTWARE UPDATE'. The Blu-ray player now automatically searches for new software, and the new software will be displayed on the screen.

6. Press /GREEN/ on Beo5 to start the software update (If you use a Beo4 press /GREEN/ twice) and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.

• 05-15-2011 5:55 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

BEOCET:

Hrm, I can verfify that Inglorious Basterds doesn't play properly on my BV7-40 Blu-ray drive. I'll need to update the firmware :(

• 05-15-2011 8:06 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi all Thanks for all of your quick replies. I will try and update my bluray software via ethernet today. i do know that my backend firewarm is not correct for the build level my tv has as it did not take last time. I will attempt an update today if that does not work i will try and get my local to pop over and update the firmware for me and see how we get on. Thanks

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-15-2011 10:00 AM In reply to

Hey Guys maybe a daft question but why is Blu Ray so confusing with playback issues?

• 05-15-2011 10:09 AM In reply to

Paul Winn:

Hey Guys maybe a daft question but why is Blu Ray so confusing with playback issues?

It's a very complex standard and all implementations are bound to have some bugs which will only surface when a content provider exercises some new feature.

-mika

• 05-15-2011 11:34 AM In reply to

OMG that's not cool. Is that why is hasn't really caught on as a recording medium say in laptops etc? I thought DVDs were bad enough with skipping etc (DVD1 owner :) )    I like the look of the Samsung players and the fact they often go with B&O however whenever I read magazine reviews, they always fall way behind Sony & Panasonic in terms of picture quality - what's your views guys?

• 05-15-2011 1:40 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi I just updated my drive via ethernet but have no idea if it fixed hte problem as the disk has goner back to the rental show. until next time. what backend updates have there been ???

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-15-2011 2:33 PM In reply to

Yo Seanie! Loving ur B&O range especially those BL6000s   classy!

• 05-16-2011 2:57 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi Paul Thanks so much its taken years to get to this point. I am in the process of replastering the ceiling in my lounge as we just moved into a 1904 house and it needs some tlc. I cannot wait to get the tv and beamer back up and running i miss the big screen so much.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-16-2011 9:42 AM In reply to

Wo Seanie, sounds absolutely fantastic! I love character houses like that! They have so much potential! Bet your friends are impressed with the BV7!!! I want Apple TV next as im totally iTunes these days! Trying to save for a BV10 with orange speaker grille but its not easy :)

• 05-16-2011 10:03 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

I love the look of the BV10 but without the B-System3 i could not use the projector functionality etc, this was the only way i could afford the 100" screen. I wish i could buy a 7-55 maybe in a few years time. London is full of lovely old houses, what i love is when you go up the stairs you have three levels to the landing its different. Apple tv is amazing i prefer the first one as if i go to a friends i can take it there and my musci goes with me. the new (black) apple tv does not allow this. Orange will be different.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-16-2011 10:47 AM In reply to

Seanie_230:
    Apple tv is amazing i prefer the first one as if i go to a friends i can take it there and my musci goes with me. the new (black) apple tv does not allow this.

The Apple TV Generation 2 (black puck) supports AirPlay ... so as long as you have music sources (e.g. my iPad) that support AirPlay you still have that portability you desire ... in fact in one more so, no hard drive to worry about getting damaged !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-16-2011 2:13 PM In reply to

Wow Seanie, I love the 3 stair case design too! Lovely! Wow 7-55 that is large! ive seen one in B&O of Hampstead and yep, with a Blu ray the picture was simply outstanding! Must admit recently all of the channels ive been recording on Sky HD have been the HD ones. So do you keep all of your music in iTunes? Do u ever buy films in SD/HD from iTunes? What is your view on pic/sound quality from them? Yep, BV10 is my perfect TV. I must admit that I probably watch television for a max of 5 hours a week but when I do, id like top quality. I have a bad habit of Sky+ing things and never watching them :)

• 05-16-2011 5:36 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Yeah I love old houses but they are so much work. All of my music is on iTunes but I buy it all from amazon it's loads cheaper, never got films I mostly refuse to watch anything SD now. Sky has moved most of it's hd channels to replace the SD ones. Funny I'm not big into tvonly a few shows but they ust be hd if I do watch them. I also sent you a pm. I don't buy films iTunes they are cheaper at blockbusters and the atv2 is only 720p I believe.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-17-2011 11:56 AM In reply to

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

BEOCET:

New firmware: 110324 (relased 27/4)

The new firmware will help the blu-ray playability with some titles:

- “Inglorious Basterds
    - “OSS 177”
    - “Robin Hood BD”
    - Disney Blu-ray and DVD

- Replay of “Avatar” may give a warning message about software update.
    - Audio interference when playing “Toy Story 2” and “Lords of the Rings Trilogy”
    - Intermittent picture freeze seen on “Sherlock Homes” and “Toy Story”

The update is possible with a CD-ROM with the firmware. Contact your dealer if you need the update with CD-ROM.

You can also update with ethernet-cable connected:

1. Before you switch on the TV, insert the Ethernet cable in the TV.

2. TV must be in standby, no disc in the loader. Press /DVD/, wait until 'NO DISC' is displayed on the screen and make sure the loader is closed.

3. Enter the Setup menu on your Beo5 by pressing /DVD setup/ (if you use a Beo4 press /YELLOW/ and then /8/).

4. Select 'ADVANCED' and press /GO/.

5. Select 'SOFTWARE UPDATE'. The Blu-ray player now automatically searches for new software, and the new software will be displayed on the screen.

6. Press /GREEN/ on Beo5 to start the software update (If you use a Beo4 press /GREEN/ twice) and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.

This worked for me. Couldn't play Tron Legacy, after update it works fine.

/MikaelB

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)